ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #9106
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,405
02 who?

Planning to hit the fair again this evening, with the ladies. Going to have a turkey leg for dinner.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #9107
Fire44
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
Look for Big Al's roast beef sandwiches. Get the special...MMMMMMM!

I won't be back at the fair till Thursday night, if any of you guys are there, look for the parade that starts at about 7:00, I'll be the good looking one playing the beat up tuba (or was it I'll be the beat up one playing the good looking tuba???)

2009 Kawasaki KLR650

Fire44 screwed with this post 07-24-2013 at 11:38 AM
Fire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #9108
tom c
Scratch & Dent

Oddometer: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire44 View Post
Look for Big Al's roast beef sandwiches. Get the special...MMMMMMM!

I won't be back at the fair till Thursday night, if any of you guys are there, look for the parade that starts at about 7:00, I'll be the good looking one playing the beat up tuba (or was it I'll be the beat up one playing the good looking tuba???)
Ooom pah!
Where's Tom?
tom c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #9109
Fire44
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom c View Post
Ooom pah!
Ooom pah is only when I get lost and can't find the right spot in the music!! (Or when I'm too drunk to see the music)

2009 Kawasaki KLR650
Fire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #9110
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom c View Post
Ooom pah!

http://www.md-germans.org/md-german-festival/

$8.00 to get in and bring cash, no credit cards!
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #9111
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 3,362
Day and a half without a post...WTF!What's with you DOUCH BAGS

Whether I'm 12 or whether I'm 64, spend my time like there ain't gonna be no more. (MONTROSE...MAKE IT LAST)
eddie bolted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #9112
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 5,056
The one's that didn't get pissed and leave are posting in the BWDR, CH, Cat Crap, LoPL, and SMIB threads.
20% Smug Mug Credit
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #9113
goosecreek
a desk prop

Oddometer: 2,235
I have been busy trying to clone myself so I can go to the German festival Mickey posted up.
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #9114
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

GC, pm coming to an inbox near you, soon.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #9115
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
Day and a half without a post...WTF!What's with you DOUCH BAGS
Didn't you get the memo??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #9116
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

The basic secret of carb function is that inside each carb are thousands of tiny gnomes; each with a small bucket. As you open the throttle, more of these gnomes are allowed out of their house and into the float bowl, where they fill the buckets and climb up the carb's passages to the intake, where they empty their buckets into the air stream. But, if you don't ride the bike for a while, bad things can happen.

Tiny bats take up residence in the chambers of the carb, and before long the passages are plugged up with guano. This creates a gnome traffic jam, and not enough bucketfuls of fuel can get to the engine. If it gets bad enough, the gnomes simply give up and go take a nap. The engine won't run at all at this point. Sometimes you'll have a single dedicated gnome still on the job, which is why the bike will occasionally fire as the gnome tosses his lone bucket load down the intake.

There has been some research into using tiny dwarves in modern carbs. The advantage is that unlike gnomes, dwarves are miners and can often re-open a clogged passage. Unfortunately, dwarves have a natural fear of earthquakes, as any miner should. In recent tests, the engine vibrations caused the dwarves to evacuate the Kawasaki test vehicle and make a beeline for the nearest Suzuki dealership. Sadly, the Zukis were fuel injected and so the poor dwarves met an unfortunate end in the rollers of a fuel pump.

Other carb problems can also occur. If the level of fuel in the float bowl rises too high, it will wipe out the poorer gnome housing in the lower parts of the carb. The more affluent gnomes build their homes in the diaphragm chamber, and so are unaffected. This is why the bike is said to be "running rich".

If the fuel level drops, then the gnomes have to walk further to get a bucket of fuel. This means less fuel gets to the engine. Because the gnomes get quite a workout from this additional distance, this condition is known as "running lean".

The use of the device known only as the 'choke' has finally been banned by PETG (People for the Ethical Treatment of Gnomes) and replaced by a new carb circuit that simply allows more gnomes to carry fuel at once when the engine needs to start or warm up. In the interest of decorum, I prefer not to explain how the 'choke' operated. You would rather not know anyway.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #9117
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 5,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Pilot View Post
The basic secret of carb function is that inside each carb are thousands of tiny gnomes; each with a small bucket. As you open the throttle, more of these gnomes are allowed out of their house and into the float bowl, where they fill the buckets and climb up the carb's passages to the intake, where they empty their buckets into the air stream. But, if you don't ride the bike for a while, bad things can happen.

Tiny bats take up residence in the chambers of the carb, and before long the passages are plugged up with guano. This creates a gnome traffic jam, and not enough bucketfuls of fuel can get to the engine. If it gets bad enough, the gnomes simply give up and go take a nap. The engine won't run at all at this point. Sometimes you'll have a single dedicated gnome still on the job, which is why the bike will occasionally fire as the gnome tosses his lone bucket load down the intake.

There has been some research into using tiny dwarves in modern carbs. The advantage is that unlike gnomes, dwarves are miners and can often re-open a clogged passage. Unfortunately, dwarves have a natural fear of earthquakes, as any miner should. In recent tests, the engine vibrations caused the dwarves to evacuate the Kawasaki test vehicle and make a beeline for the nearest Suzuki dealership. Sadly, the Zukis were fuel injected and so the poor dwarves met an unfortunate end in the rollers of a fuel pump.

Other carb problems can also occur. If the level of fuel in the float bowl rises too high, it will wipe out the poorer gnome housing in the lower parts of the carb. The more affluent gnomes build their homes in the diaphragm chamber, and so are unaffected. This is why the bike is said to be "running rich".

If the fuel level drops, then the gnomes have to walk further to get a bucket of fuel. This means less fuel gets to the engine. Because the gnomes get quite a workout from this additional distance, this condition is known as "running lean".

The use of the device known only as the 'choke' has finally been banned by PETG (People for the Ethical Treatment of Gnomes) and replaced by a new carb circuit that simply allows more gnomes to carry fuel at once when the engine needs to start or warm up. In the interest of decorum, I prefer not to explain how the 'choke' operated. You would rather not know anyway.

Did you find some really good drugs last night?

You know T just called you a Coozebucket.
20% Smug Mug Credit
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #9118
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

For DM

Old 07-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #9119
T
Yippee Ki Yay

Oddometer: 5,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Pilot View Post

Too long...did not read.

there ya go Hack
Old 07-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #9120
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Thank you RC.