ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #4141
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy

Oddometer: 2,305
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Wachew talkin bout wiilie??? Rode the mighty 950 through 80 % of Rowher with no dirt naps
Wachew talkin bout, y'all grewd up riden dirtm bikes.
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #4142
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy

Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
where are we meeting you Klammer?
U meet DR at stage 1 at noon then meet me at the bottom of Bouquet (jump) trail at 12:30. Otay?
Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #4143
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
U meet DR at stage 1 at noon then meet me at the bottom of Bouquet (jump) trail at 12:30. Otay?

got it boss.
RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #4144
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
got it boss.
Did you fix your bike or trade it in on a sweet KiLeR650 ?
Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #4145
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,633
Quote:
Did you fix your bike or trade it in on a sweet KiLeR650 ?

it's a surprise
RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #4146
MKJ
Married w/ Children

Oddometer: 498
Talking

Rich, can I bring my BMW GS?
MKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #4147
schmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
I'll be at staging area 1 around 9am. Bringing the smoker so I'll ride, grab some lunch when we meet with Terry, and hopefully do some more riding after, but I don't think I'll make out to Big Oaks. Had a full day of riding today and running back and forth to Lowe's to put a new faucet in the kitchen, I think I'd probably be hatin life on the way back from Big Oaks! See you guys tomorrow. White Ford E350 with FOX stickers and a KTM with Jagermiester graphics.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #4148
purelick
DIRTRIDER

Oddometer: 747
Loaded up an ready see ya FFs there.
purelick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #4149
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,232
Laugh

On my way in a bit , should be 9-930 ish
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #4150
stiggs13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
I think I saw you guys go past Staging around 9:30 or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbushong1 View Post
My buddy and I have been looking to begin developing our Adv skills me on a weestrom, him on a KTM 950. New to off concrete. Are their fire roads/trails/open ground for a "safe" baptism? Looking to you guys as veterans!! Thanks
stiggs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #4151
schmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Was great riding with you guys yesterday. Sorry I had to bail out quick on the afternoon loop. I'm outta shape from sitting on my ass all week. I felt like I had some left but, Saturday's ride combined with the morning loop, and after a couple of trails, my muscles were telling me I'd better stop or I was going to pay. Can't wait to do it again. Hopefully we'll see some rain out there this week!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #4152
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,232
good riding yesterdayball is rolling and I believe we are off to a good start
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #4153
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy

Thumb Welcome the birth of the Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)

Yesterday FF's from both ADV and TT came together at staging area 1 and met with rangers Terry and Ray from Angeles National Forestry Service. We had a very productive meeting and the end result was the official forming of our unofficial club- The Rowher Flats Trail Krew alias RFTK ! The Krew will be run by schmo and myself. I am currently working on a site outside of TT and ADV where we can communicate and organize. The rangers were very receptive to our ideas and look forward to our help. Their budget has been cut deep and they are down to 3 people to maintain an area from Wrightwood to Gorman.They spend a big part of their time at Rowher as it has the highest concentration of users. The motorcycle club that had been helping them has lost its leadership and have been of no assistance, so these guys can really use our help. The rangers shared some of the things that they have planned for Rowher, including new bathrooms like the ones at Hungry Valley, a ramada at each one of the existing tables and a new trail. This is all in the works. The rangers just ran the tractor over Buffer Loop and extended the trail by bringing back a bunch of trail system that hasn't been maintained in years. Beyond projects like this, our role will be to provide that extra set of eyes these guys need to point out trail problems and to help in emergency situations- providing that all importanat 911 call if warranted with an accurate position and assessment of the situation in addition to notifiying the ranger and extraction of the ohv if needed. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in contributing to......... sit back, take a breath, and follow along as this thing is in its infancy but growing fast. I will keep you informed through this thread and PM's until our own forum is ready. The forestry service is also on hold until we get some rain, the reason being, and some of you may not be aware of this but Rowher is full of large outcropings of Bouquet Flint. I'll leave it up to your imagination of what happens when you drag the blade of a tractor over this stuff. This is the reason why little or no trail maintenance is done during the low humidity months. I know many of you have been looking for a way to give back to our great sport and not sure if monetary donations get utilized properly. We are hard at work to provide you an avenue where you know your contribution (labor) goes where it's needed. Get ready !

Klammer screwed with this post 02-13-2012 at 02:15 PM
Old 02-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #4154
loner
explorer

Oddometer: 314
Thanks to Dunerat for leading the ride. I'm feeling beat up and today after hitting almost all of the double black diamond trails. The weather was great all day.

Klammer, I'll be in for some of the RFTK work.
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #4155
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Quote:
Yesterday FF's from both ADV and TT came together at staging area 1 and met with rangers Terry and Ray from Angeles National Forestry Service. We had a very productive meeting and the end result was the official forming of our unofficial club- The Rowher Flats Trail Krew alias RFTK ! The Krew will be run by schmo and myself. I am currently working on a site outside of TT and ADV where we can communicate and organize. The rangers were very receptive to our ideas and look forward to our help. Their budget has been cut deep and they are down to 3 people to maintain an area from Wrightwood to Gorman.They spend a big part of their time at Rowher as it has the highest concentration of users. The motorcycle club that had been helping them has lost its leadership and have been of no assistance, so these guys can really use our help. The rangers shared some of the things that they have planned for Rowher, including new bathrooms like the ones at Hungry Valley, a ramada at each one of the existing tables and a new trail. This is all in the works. The rangers just ran the tractor over Buffer Loop and extended the trail by bringing back a bunch of trail system that hasn't been maintained in years. Beyond projects like this, our role will be to provide that extra set of eyes these guys need to point out trail problems and to help in emergency situations- providing that all importanat 911 call if warranted with an accurate position and assessment of the situation in addition to notifiying the ranger and extraction of the ohv if needed. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in contributing to......... sit back, take a breath, and follow along as this thing is in its infancy but growing fast. I will keep you informed through this thread and PM's until our own forum is ready. The forestry service is also on hold until we get some rain, the reason being, and some of you may not be aware of this but Rowher is full of large outcropings of Bouquet Flint. I'll leave it up to your imagination of what happens when you drag the blade of a tractor over this stuff. This is the reason why little or no trail maintenance is done during the low humidity months. I know many of you have been looking for a way to give back to our great sport and not sure if monetary donations get utilized properly. We are hard at work to provide you an avenue where you know your contribution (labor) goes where it's needed. Get ready !
I'ma working fool (my son says i'm only half right)...But I'm ready to pitch in!!!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote