ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #4831
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,491
Working on posting my first vid, fathers day texas canyon, Go Pro2 test ride. Considering i know nothing about editing, let alone anything else, please steer me towards a FREE downlaod edit program for idiots. Thanks BTW, what an upgrade from my old epic wide

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!

dzrtracin screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 09:07 PM
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #4832
BootDragger
Rehibilitation Rebel
 
BootDragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Paula, Ca.
Oddometer: 544
Most start with Windows Movie Maker. May be installed already. Check it out. For software go to Videohelp.com under Tools/Software and Downloads on the left side menu. Everything you need.
__________________
BootDragger's Spot

"I like you. People say I’ve got no taste, but I like you!."

BootDragger screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 09:17 PM
BootDragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #4833
HeadTrauma
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
HeadTrauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Working on posting my first vid, fathers day texas canyon, Go Pro2 test ride. Considering i know nothing about editing, let alone anything else, please steer me towards a FREE downlaod edit program for idiots. Thanks

RIDE ON!
Windows Movie Maker really isn't that bad for quick 'n' dirty. I have some Avid software around here somewhere, but damned if the learning curve isn't steep for beginners(I'm used to Adobe Premiere/Mac Final Cut Pro).

Me, I never get onboard for any RFBK events because everyone else seems to get broken up and need surgery. I don't have insurance and do already have some jacked-up joints from bike crashes... KM is on my bucket list, though.
__________________
1995 XR628R -Lots of goodies...room for more.
"Another breakdown, suicidal shakedown,
Feels like I'm livin' on a chain gang."
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #4834
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuane View Post
Most start with Windows Movie Maker. May be installed already. Check it out.
!


BRAVO! Now just need to figure it out. Thanks D


RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #4835
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrauma View Post
Windows Movie Maker really isn't that bad for quick 'n' dirty. I have some Avid software around here somewhere, but damned if the learning curve isn't steep for beginners(I'm used to Adobe Premiere/Mac Final Cut Pro).

Me, I never get onboard for any RFBK events because everyone else seems to get broken up and need surgery. I don't have insurance and do already have some jacked-up joints from bike crashes... KM is on my bucket list, though.
get up there then you will never want to leave...

I'll be with Riders group 29th-1st, but there will be lots of peeps to ride with the next few weeks.

You should check it out you will be glad you did.



.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #4836
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrauma View Post
Windows Movie Maker really isn't that bad for quick 'n' dirty. I have some Avid software around here somewhere, but damned if the learning curve isn't steep for beginners(I'm used to Adobe Premiere/Mac Final Cut Pro).

Me, I never get onboard for any RFBK events because everyone else seems to get broken up and need surgery. I don't have insurance and do already have some jacked-up joints from bike crashes... KM is on my bucket list, though.
It will be a learning curve alright, need to figure this out sooner or later. Don't feel bad about the joints, got a couple rolled already As far as the body joints, only 8 surgeries & dealing with a scaphoid lunate ligament tear on my left paw. Only live once!

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #4837
Lost4Now
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Lost4Now's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: NoHo, Ca.
Oddometer: 114
Questions on changing tires...

I bought new tires, decided I better learn how to change em myself. 2 tubes later...

how the hell do I keep from pinching the tube!! I tried searching for a tutorial, but to no avail.

Thanks for any help!
__________________
2000 DR650
Lost4Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #4838
HeadTrauma
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
HeadTrauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Oddometer: 1,260
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/708/Mo...ing-Guide.aspx

Some air in the tube to give it shape before mounting the beads is mandatory. Powdering the tube and inside of the tire helps also.
__________________
1995 XR628R -Lots of goodies...room for more.
"Another breakdown, suicidal shakedown,
Feels like I'm livin' on a chain gang."
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #4839
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost4Now View Post
I bought new tires, decided I better learn how to change em myself. 2 tubes later...

how the hell do I keep from pinching the tube!! I tried searching for a tutorial, but to no avail.

Thanks for any help!
Bring a case of beer and I'll make you a Pro....
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #4840
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer
 
airborndad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montclair Ca.
Oddometer: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost4Now View Post
I bought new tires, decided I better learn how to change em myself. 2 tubes later...

how the hell do I keep from pinching the tube!! I tried searching for a tutorial, but to no avail.

Thanks for any help!
http://advwisdom.hogranch.com/Wisdom/Tire%20Changing.html
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #4841
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
!


BRAVO! Now just need to figure it out. Thanks D


RIDE ON!
FYI, my son has a small production company (that I just invested in heavily) that specializes in taking hours of boring Go Pro vid and turning it into amazing stuff. He specializes in Action Sports (surfing, snowboarding, skate, moto). Ads in special effects, music anything you want. He's develping a menu that you can use to build the final version to your own desires.

Pretty sure you are our target audience. Although there are lots of guys on ADV that do pretty amazing stuff with their vids.
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #4842
CA Stu
Thanks
 
CA Stu's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Riverside, CA
Oddometer: 46,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
FYI, my son has a small production company (that I just invested in heavily) that specializes in taking hours of boring Go Pro vid and turning it into amazing stuff. He specializes in Action Sports (surfing, snowboarding, skate, moto). Ads in special effects, music anything you want. He's develping a menu that you can use to build the final version to your own desires.

Pretty sure you are our target audience. Although there are lots of guys on ADV that do pretty amazing stuff with their vids.




Start a thread for the business in the Vendors forum, amigo.

I'll bet you'll be surprised how much business it will generate. I've got one of those fancy cams, never use it because of how much time and energy it takes to put together a decent video...
__________________
http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k
CA Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #4843
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post




Start a thread for the business in the Vendors forum, amigo.

I'll bet you'll be surprised how much business it will generate. I've got one of those fancy cams, never use it because of how much time and energy it takes to put together a decent video...
Total Noob move, my bad
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #4844
CA Stu
Thanks
 
CA Stu's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Riverside, CA
Oddometer: 46,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Total Noob move, my bad
Not at all!

Please post a thread in Vendors ASAP!
__________________
http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k
CA Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #4845
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCherryinCA View Post
My seat is at Renazco. If I get it back in time I will join the June nOOb ride. Otherwise I will be looking to get out there in July.
did the noob ride happen? if not, when?
PoundSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014