ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #5071
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post





downhill right hand switchback














theGrinch was thinking about us fatties by bringing us Tecate LIGHT.


mandozer playing in the sandbox







long hairs


Drinkwater detour










Bouquet air time










Drzrtracin, hope you get that Rekluse dialed.

Got it, was just the pearch lever adjustment. Not being a hydraulic clutch like a KTM its a tad different.

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #5072
K0ncept
Gnarly Adventurer
 
K0ncept's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Whittier Kalifornia
Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmo View Post
As long as it's geared right it should be fine.
I usually run 14 /44 or 48 for off roading, Street is like 15/ 40 or something like that I need to look, but yeah I gear her down real goof for trails, what I REALLY need is the damn fan kit!
K0ncept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #5073
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ncept View Post
I usually run 14 /44 or 48 for off roading, Street is like 15/ 40 or something like that I need to look, but yeah I gear her down real goof for trails, what I REALLY need is the damn fan kit!
Youll be fine ,klams will nurse you through ....hes been known to adoPt
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #5074
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ncept View Post
I usually run 14 /44 or 48 for off roading, Street is like 15/ 40 or something like that I need to look, but yeah I gear her down real goof for trails, what I REALLY need is the damn fan kit!
go with a 13-50 to start once you get your groove on a 14-50
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #5075
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy
 
Klammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
Oddometer: 2,281
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Youll be fine ,klams will nurse you through ....hes been known to adoPt
Rut row
__________________
If it's got tits or tires,eventually,it's gonna give you trouble
RFBK videos http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post16352382
Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #5076
schmo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
schmo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ncept View Post
I usually run 14 /44 or 48 for off roading, Street is like 15/ 40 or something like that I need to look, but yeah I gear her down real goof for trails, what I REALLY need is the damn fan kit!

My 450 came stock with 15/45 and would do well over 100 mph. Geared it down to 14/48 and it still wasn't low enough for my liking so I dropped the front down to a 13/48 and it's pretty good right there and I'm still using the stock chain. When I get a new chain, I'll get it a bit longer and will probably go to a 50 in the back, just to have first as a real granny gear type of set up. It'll still go way faster than I care go go in 6th with that set up. Front sprokets are cheap, slap on a 13 and see what you think.
__________________
2010 KTM 450 EXC & 2007 KTM 250 XC-W
schmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #5077
K0ncept
Gnarly Adventurer
 
K0ncept's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Whittier Kalifornia
Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
go with a 13-50 to start once you get your groove on a 14-50

For Real, wont that be too low? I just looked and used 14/49 for John Bull, and yeah 13 / 50 would probably be a good idea even with the 6 speed gearbox, also dumping that Dunlop 606 for a trials might not be a bad idea either... "that 606 is like a slick on silty hardpack and rocks"

Im also looking for a good GPS, WTF should I get, I have no clue, never owned one... And my riding skills are ok, been riding since I was 5 but that doesnt meen poo, I just have not been riding enough and thats for sure, damn old broken bones kick my ass on cold days thats for sure.. But I have been known to be looking for my KTM off the side of a trail here and there, thats for sure hehehe... I need to remember to always bring a strap, took 5 guys to get my KTM back up on the trail when we did the ride for kids loop out of Beaumont
K0ncept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #5078
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,106
some day ill learn to set up a bike.....been here ,and aint got a good hint yet,i just look for the answer at the botom of a glass




your at the rite place tho.....these guys are f ing fast...
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser

dunerat screwed with this post 07-30-2012 at 07:38 PM
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #5079
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy
 
Klammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
Oddometer: 2,281
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ncept View Post
For Real, wont that be too low? I just looked and used 14/49 for John Bull, and yeah 13 / 50 would probably be a good idea even with the 6 speed gearbox, also dumping that Dunlop 606 for a trials might not be a bad idea either... "that 606 is like a slick on silty hardpack and rocks"

Im also looking for a good GPS, WTF should I get, I have no clue, never owned one... And my riding skills are ok, been riding since I was 5 but that doesnt meen poo, I just have not been riding enough and thats for sure, damn old broken bones kick my ass on cold days thats for sure.. But I have been known to be looking for my KTM off the side of a trail here and there, thats for sure hehehe... I need to remember to always bring a strap, took 5 guys to get my KTM back up on the trail when we did the ride for kids loop out of Beaumont
I bought one of those gps thingies. Makes a great paper weight on my desk. I per fur a good ol map. The sun still rises in the east and sets in the west from where I am on this globe. As far as I know moss grows on the north side of things most of the time and my old friend trail tricks say you not lost till you got no gas! Adventure riding and gps is sort of an oxymoron, right? :-)
__________________
If it's got tits or tires,eventually,it's gonna give you trouble
RFBK videos http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post16352382
Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #5080
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ncept View Post
For Real, wont that be too low? I just looked and used 14/49 for John Bull, and yeah 13 / 50 would probably be a good idea even with the 6 speed gearbox, also dumping that Dunlop 606 for a trials might not be a bad idea either... "that 606 is like a slick on silty hardpack and rocks"

Im also looking for a good GPS, WTF should I get, I have no clue, never owned one... And my riding skills are ok, been riding since I was 5 but that doesnt meen poo, I just have not been riding enough and thats for sure, damn old broken bones kick my ass on cold days thats for sure.. But I have been known to be looking for my KTM off the side of a trail here and there, thats for sure hehehe... I need to remember to always bring a strap, took 5 guys to get my KTM back up on the trail when we did the ride for kids loop out of Beaumont
garmin 60cxs or if you can find one 276...I'm not a gps guy....but it looks cool on my bike

13-50 works great on my 450 and it helps stop all the culching that makes the motor hot
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #5081
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
I bought one of those gps thingies. Makes a great paper weight on my desk. I per fur a good ol map. The sun still rises in the east and sets in the west from where I am on this globe. As far as I know moss grows on the north side of things most of the time and my old friend trail tricks say you not lost less you got no gas! Adventure riding and gps is sort of an oxymoron, right?
I'd follow you anywhere... just try to keep the dust down
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #5082
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,106
GPS has saved my bacon more than once..... done my share of wheelin in the middle of no whare and was glad to have it





376 c ...they dont sell it any more and it command a big price to this daycheck....
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #5083
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy
 
Klammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
Oddometer: 2,281
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
I'd follow you anywhere... just try to keep the dust down
How bout Sunday? I run a trials in the rear to keep the dust down :-)
__________________
If it's got tits or tires,eventually,it's gonna give you trouble
RFBK videos http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post16352382
Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #5084
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
How bout Sunday? I run a trials in the rear to keep the dust down :-)

still dustyive heard







IN
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #5085
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy
 
Klammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
Oddometer: 2,281
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
GPS has saved my bacon more than once..... done my share of wheelin in the middle of no whare and was glad to have it





376 c ...they dont sell it any more and it command a big price to this daycheck....
Your drunk!
Can't touch a used 376c for $500. with a broken antenna.
I like bacon :-)
__________________
If it's got tits or tires,eventually,it's gonna give you trouble
RFBK videos http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post16352382
Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014