ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #5191
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 13,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Thanks, know about the D606'S, just want something that will last longer, problem was there was allready a trench there, and i just ended up going right in it, right near the top, its on texas trail on the staging 1 parking side, Hopefully this year we will get more rain then last year, will somewhat smooth/fill things up, those 2 little streams there havent had water in em since early 2011.
GettIng alot of mileage out of the MT43 ...lots

I don't street ride much tho....
Old 08-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #5192
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,087
this?
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

DOT?
150ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #5193
dunerat
WTF?

Quote:
Correct ....front and rear, I run them tubliss with great results
Old 08-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #5194
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
I run the MT43 on the rear, I love it especially at Rowher. I ride there alot, and a pretty fair amount of street as well. I got about 2000 miles out of my last one, just got a freshy put on last week. I also run tubliss as well, but have only had that on for a week or so. So far, so good.
S H I F T Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #5195
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,308
Quote:
What dual sport DOT tires do you guys recommend for rowher? i recently put on a rear shinko 244 and have it at around 20+ psi, and it has not been doing so great out at rowher, its been super dry and dusty out there the last few months, and i find that it slides alot, i recently got stuck with it on texas trail, it dug in so much, had to lay the bike over to get it out, was on a steep climb section with only about 2 feet apart, Was just wondering what everyone else is using out there for dual sport tires?

Thanks, Ron.

why DOT?

what do you plan on riding more of? street or dirt?

606's last pretty long.

if you don't care about DOT and don't plan on riding that much pavement, i really like Maxxis Cross IT and i'm going to try the SI.

i don't like the MT43's. too much grip. i ride dirt cuz i like to move around on the dirt. MT43's make it feel like i'm riding a super moto on the dirt. to each his own.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #5196
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy

Oddometer: 2,218
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
i don't like the MT43's. too much grip. i ride dirt cuz i like to move around on the dirt.
Like cutting hair with dull scissors!
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #5197
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch DeBeer View Post
I run the MT43 on the rear, I love it especially at Rowher. I ride there alot, and a pretty fair amount of street as well. I got about 2000 miles out of my last one, just got a freshy put on last week. I also run tubliss as well, but have only had that on for a week or so. So far, so good.
Thanks, good to know, i also ride there every weekend, sometimes on both days, but would like to get way more then 2 k miles tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Correct ....front and rear, I run them tubliss with great results
Quote:
why DOT?

606's last pretty long.

if you don't care about DOT and don't plan on riding that much pavement, i really like Maxxis Cross IT and i'm going to try the SI.

i don't like the MT43's. too much grip. i ride dirt cuz i like to move around on the dirt. MT43's make it feel like i'm riding a super moto on the dirt. to each his own.
I dont care about DOT, i really dont see a cop pulling me over and checking my tires ever, to be honest with you, im just looking for DOT cause i know they will last longer, or at least are supposed to last longer,

I ride lots of street and lots of dirt, i would say a real true 50/50 rider, i put around 5k miles in about a year on the bike so far.
150ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #5198
K0ncept
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
why DOT?

606's last pretty long.

That's the only reason I have not tried one yet, I love slamming on the throttle and sliding around, but of course I get on a trail like John Bull and everything with an MT43 is smoking me by while im on a 606 spinning my wheels at 20 psi or something lol.. I have the 606 on my bike now and I cant remember what PSI I ran it at, but it still worked pretty good, but not nearly the traction the 6days tire gave me, you know the one that came with the bike, I think I wore it out in a single day doing the ride for kids tracks..
K0ncept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #5199
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Thanks, good to know, i also ride there every weekend, sometimes on both days, but would like to get way more then 2 k miles tho.

I dont care about DOT, i really dont see a cop pulling me over and checking my tires ever, to be honest with you, im just looking for DOT cause i know they will last longer, or at least are supposed to last longer,

I ride lots of street and lots of dirt, i would say a real true 50/50 rider, i put around 5k miles in about a year on the bike so far.
I ran the Maxxis about 60/40 Dirt\street seemed to wear at about the same rate as a 606 but I didn't have a odometer... so thats just on feel.

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #5200
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,519
So where is the ride this weekend? Ring ding ding dinng.....

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #5201
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis View Post
So where is the ride this weekend? Ring ding ding dinng.....
6am Texas canyon

RIDE ON!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #5202
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

DOT means nothing as far as tire wear. All DOT is, is the manufacturer willing to pay the money for the testing to get approval. There are a bunch of mx style tires that would pass, but most manufacturers won't put the money into the process; I understand it to be pretty pricey. The Maxxis IT is a good tire, and what I used to run all the time. The MT43 can be busted loose if that is what you are looking for like RAZR, but I think the only downside that I can tell is riding downhill. Better put, downhill aggressively. Downhills are no problem, but if you charge loose downhills and need to stop in a hurry for whatever reason, that will be an issue.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #5203
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch DeBeer View Post
DOT means nothing as far as tire wear. All DOT is, is the manufacturer willing to pay the money for the testing to get approval. There are a bunch of mx style tires that would pass, but most manufacturers won't put the money into the process; I understand it to be pretty pricey. The Maxxis IT is a good tire, and what I used to run all the time. The MT43 can be busted loose if that is what you are looking for like RAZR, but I think the only downside that I can tell is riding downhill. Better put, downhill aggressively. Downhills are no problem, but if you charge loose downhills and need to stop in a hurry for whatever reason, that will be an issue.

DOT are also limited on knobby height...non DOT will have or can have a taller knob
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #5204
dunerat
WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
6am Texas canyon

RIDE ON!
Saturday? I also can do Monday
Old 08-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #5205
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

I live about five minutes from Rowher, and it is 175 degrees here. You couldn't pay me to go there this week.