ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #6181
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
If no one is willing to do that we should all stop the basketball fake when this shit happens. The point of posting the names and numbers was to simply call the bluff and end the phony outrage.
not following the bureaucratic route does not invalidate the outrage or make it phony. just because someone may not have the energy to wade through bullshit up to their neck does not mean you can't comment on how bad it smells.

yes, if we want to prevent this type of thing we should exercise all available options. i get it. doesn't mean we can't express shock or anger at it when it comes out of nowhere. calling that phony is really disrespectful.

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #6182
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,281
The problem is that too many are afraid of the government and going against them. Just ride it and force them to enforce it. If the cost to enforce clsures gets to hi, they will fold. You do realize you can ride anywhere you want during the week don't you? You just have to be creative and not scared. It's simple really.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #6183
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider View Post
not following the bureaucratic route does not invalidate the outrage or make it phony. just because someone may not have the energy to wade through bullshit up to their neck does not mean you can't comment on how bad it smells.

yes, if we want to prevent this type of thing we should exercise all available options. i get it. doesn't mean we can't express shock or anger at it when it comes out of nowhere. calling that phony is really disrespectful.
There is no bullshit to wade through... I gave everyone the direct lines to the two decision makers. Making your voice heard on ADV is entertainment. Making your voice heard by calling the dude in charge is doing something.

Calling the MAN may have a slim chance of getting anything done... crying on ADV guarantees it !

Watching your trails slip away... screaming about it online as if it matters to you... and shutting up and turning the other way when someone hands you the one guy's phone number that makes the decisions IS FAKE OUTRAGE !

Deflect if you like by calling me disrespectful. Thats the tactic of the politically correct. Or man up... thank me for the numbers and make a 5 minute phone call. ADV can live without each of us for 5 minutes.

You really think 20 guys making that call will NOT affect Super Ranger, the guy that wiped away your cut outs thinking nobody would care ? He'll get $50K-$100k of Green sticker dollars just to put them back next year.

CALL THE GUY !

__________________________________________________ ____________

Longfellow been doing this for a LONG time. I know where and when to ride. I work the man's system where I see possibilities. Then I go get on my bike where I see opportunities. I am not a one way or the other way kinda thinker. I just don't run the Internet pounding my virtual chest bragging I am an outlaw. Prefer to keep my options open.

I didn't move my home, my wife and business from OC to the Ord Mountains so I could commute to Gorman & Rowher did I ?

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #6184
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
There is no bullshit to wade through... I gave everyone the direct lines to the two decision makers. Making your voice heard on ADV is entertainment. Making your voice heard by calling the dude in charge is doing something.

Calling the MAN may have a slim chance of getting anything done... crying on ADV guarantees it !

Watching your trails slip away... screaming about it online as if it matters to you... and shutting up and turning the other way when someone hands you the one guy's phone number that makes the decisions IS FAKE OUTRAGE !

Deflect if you like by calling me disrespectful. Thats the tactic of the politically correct. Or man up... thank me for the numbers and make a 5 minute phone call. ADV can live without each of us for 5 minutes.

You really think 20 guys making that call will NOT affect Super Ranger, the guy that wiped away your cut outs thinking nobody would care ? He'll get $50K-$100k of Green sticker dollars just to put them back next year.

CALL THE GUY !

__________________________________________________ ____________

Longfellow been doing this for a LONG time. I know where and when to ride. I work the man's system where I see possibilities. Then I go get on my bike where I see opportunities. I am not a one way or the other way kinda thinker. I just don't run the Internet pounding my virtual chest bragging I am an outlaw. Prefer to keep my options open.

I didn't move my home, my wife and business from OC to the Ord Mountains so I could commute to Gorman & Rowher did I ?
Jeff,
You don't know what you're missing at the RFBK!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #6185
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Ride while you can....

No amount of talking is going open up riding areas once closed
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #6186
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
Ride while you can....

No amount of talking is going open up riding areas once closed
Speaking of riding, Bob how's your knee?

It's time to ride....
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #6187
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

District Ranger Bob Blount called me back today. He confirmed he did not receive a single call from any interested parties. He was actually surprised that he didn't.

The closure of the cut-outs had to be done. They were never made legal in the NEPA process. (They were never put on the official map.) They could have been. But no one asked for them when the FS went through the process that lasted a couple years.

NEPA is a living process. Those cut-outs could become trails if the public lobbies for them.

Bottomline... Bob asked for your feedback. You won't get any trails by complaining online and not calling. Nice guy. Give him a call.

Tell him you need dirt bike only trails where those cut-outs were... for SAFETY ! You don't wanna share fast fire roads with ATVs and JEEPs and other high speed dirt bikes drifting into your path.

If you want to grow the trail system inside Rowher: Call the guy... cool dude... burn 2 minutes and give your valuable opinion.

Bob Blount - (661) 269-2812

PS - Don't care about SVRAs or OHV Parks... no sweat... it doesn't have anything to do with you. Nothing to see here... please move along.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #6188
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
I will give him a call tomorrow, thanks for the info .
Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #6189
Off Limits
Really?

So who do we call to get all the cool trails up behind the hills in jawbone and dove springs re opened? You make it sound like a simple phone call fixes everything. But we all know that's not true.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #6190
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
So who do we call to get all the cool trails up behind the hills in jawbone and dove springs re opened? You make it sound like a simple phone call fixes everything. But we all know that's not true.

Sean, you already said it yourself... Wire cutters.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #6191
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
You are right. It's gonna take two to three years to get those lousy cut-outs turned into legal trails and a lot of hours... and meetings... and fuel... and time off my job !

But if no one calls I have nothing to base grant applications on. 10 or 20 people call this week it helps get the ball rolling.
__________________________________________________ _________

There are major efforts to getting dirt bike only trails put back into Jawbone... including BUYING land that's in conflict.

We are about a year away from getting 20 miles of dirt bike only trails added to Rattlesnake Mountain in Big Bear. I've been working on that one since 2010.

I don't expect your to help on any of this. How about you just not make it harder by jacking with peoples pessimism on something that doesn't affect you.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #6192
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Speaking of riding, Bob how's your knee?

It's time to ride....
knees getting better but I broke a rib surfing
Good thing I have meds
Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #6193
MojaveSidecar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Sean, you already said it yourself... Wire cutters.
How they will catch you if you do....

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...rom-20000-feet

There is a youtube video on this page... ride now while you can.
MojaveSidecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #6194
BootDragger
Rehibilitation Rebel

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojaveSidecar View Post

and its just a matter of time until they are armed with tear gas ect to use on civilians. Think I'm nuts? Maybe ....but just sit back and see what happens.

"I like you. People say I’ve got no taste, but I like you!."
BootDragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #6195
Off Limits
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojaveSidecar View Post

if they really want to press charges on a rougue dirt bike rider, i will just tell the judge im not paying a fine, and for every day you put me in jail, it will cost you 76 dollars to house and feed me, while im not working and paying my 100 dollars a day in taxes.

now if we could just get a few thousand of us out to jawbone or rowher and rid ethe closed shit, maybe they will send out the national guard. people say im crazy but in reality, this is what needs to get done. maybe happy trails can have a hill climb contest or joel can post a noobs ride for freedom ride! no one follows me, i ride too fast!!!