ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #6196
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojaveSidecar View Post
How they will catch you if you do....

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...rom-20000-feet

There is a youtube video on this page... ride now while you can.
Absolutely not. Do you realize how much money it takes to put one of those up in the sky and operate it? Finding rogue trail riders is a negative sum expense. No money to be made, only lost. it would cost more to use that tool to find a rogue rider, then actually track him down, apprehend him, take him to jail, process him and then try him. For what? Some community service and a slap on the wrist?

If riders are caught poaching trails, it will be by pure luck on the part of LEO's, right place, right time. No money or expense will ever be exhausted making this a priority.

notmybikemodelname screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 12:03 PM
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #6197
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Absolutely not. Do you realize how much money it takes to put one of those up in the sky and operate it? Finding rogue trail riders is a negative sum expense. No money to be made, only lost. it would cost more to use that tool to find a rogue rider, then actually track him down, apprehend him, take him to jail, process him and then try him. For what? Some community service and a slap on the wrist?

If riders are caught poaching trails, it will be by pure luck on the part of LEO's, right place, right time. No money or expense will ever be exhausted making this a priority.
Rob is right on on this...

better to ask forgiveness than permission

The US Forest Circus and the Bureau of Lousy Mismanagement don't have the time or funds to patrol hundreds of miles of trails.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #6198
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post

Deflect if you like by calling me disrespectful. Thats the tactic of the politically correct. Or man up... thank me for the numbers and make a 5 minute phone call. ADV can live without each of us for 5 minutes.
so jeff i just talked to bob for 40 minutes or so regarding rowher and the meeting in acton last night and the pending lawsuit that may result in the new wilderness areas. thank you for his number.

does that mean i can continue to be pissed at what happened and is happening without you getting in my face for it now?

wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #6199
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider View Post
so jeff i just talked to bob for 40 minutes or so regarding rowher and the meeting in acton last night and the pending lawsuit that may result in the new wilderness areas. thank you for his number.

does that mean i can continue to be pissed at what happened and is happening without you getting in my face for it now?

wes
Did you call to gather intel you can use to justify riding outlaw... or did you use your 40 minutes to figure out what you csn do to get more trails put back into Rowher ?

It sounds like you called just to tell me you called so you ain't on the list of people I called out for not calling ! Thats kinda of a waste of time.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #6200
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,256
I called today too, Bob is a really nice guy, and he is PRO riding for sure, long story short, those off shoots will not be opened up soon.

Its a good thing that in over 2 years of riding Rowher, sometimes 2 days a week (im fortunate to live 7 miles away ) i have NEVER seen any rangers outside of staging area 1 (parking lot), never seen them on any of the trails or fire roads, just saying.

Btw, being a forest ranger assigned to Rowher, man, what a kick ass job, sit in a nice 4X4 lifted pickup for 8 hours a day in staging area 1, just bs'ing and handing out maps... the good life right there.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #6201
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Rob is right on on this...

better to ask forgiveness than permission

The US Forest Circus and the Bureau of Lousy Mismanagement don't have the time or funds to patrol hundreds of miles of trails.
Agree
Old 03-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #6202
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 363
i did what you wanted and it isn't good enough for you, now you are accusing me of malicious intent? i'm done wasting my time on you. why don't you call your best friend Bob and ask him what we talked about if you care so much.

it's become clear to me who is a waste of time around here.

if you don't "give a care about rowher" like you stated get off this thread.

wes

Quote:
Did you call to gather intel you can use to justify riding outlaw... or did you use your 40 minutes to figure out what you csn do to get more trails put back into Rowher ?

It sounds like you called just to tell me you called so you ain't on the list of people I called out for not calling ! Thats kinda of a waste of time.

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #6203
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Wes... Didn't accuse you of nuttin'... I asked a question. Your snarky attitude doesn't suggest you give a shit about anything but picking a fight. If I misinterpreted your snark... my apologies.

TO THE ROWHER REGULARS: I'll stay in touch with Bob dressing out ideas that he can get behind. The Recreations Officer for the Angeles also called me on behalf of the Forest Supervisor to offer her support as well. I will be meeting the senior staff in the fall to present a plan for more dirt bike only trails. We will be meeting again in Jan to discuss Grant Requests that they are willing to put forward for Green Sticker Funds Approval.

If you want to make specific suggestions that I can promote please PM me.

The only thing on my list at this momment is replacing those lost cut outs with offical trails. I need more options to present. Need your ideas NOW and thru the summer.

Results will mean action on the ground 2015/2016. We have to start NOW if you ever want to make changes.

Guests are encouraged.

Jeff aka BOLT screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 06:41 PM
Old 03-31-2013, 01:54 AM   #6204
Off Limits
Thread killer

Quote:
Wes... Didn't accuse you of nuttin'... I asked a question. Your snarky attitude doesn't suggest you give a shit about anything but picking a fight. If I misinterpreted your snark... my apologies.

TO THE ROWHER REGULARS: I'll stay in touch with Bob dressing out ideas that he can get behind. The Recreations Officer for the Angeles also called me on behalf of the Forest Supervisor to offer her support as well. I will be meeting the senior staff in the fall to present a plan for more dirt bike only trails. We will be meeting again in Jan to discuss Grant Requests that they are willing to put forward for Green Sticker Funds Approval.

If you want to make specific suggestions that I can promote please PM me.

The only thing on my list at this momment is replacing those lost cut outs with offical trails. I need more options to present. Need your ideas NOW and thru the summer.

Results will mean action on the ground 2015/2016. We have to start NOW if you ever want to make changes.

im starting to think you are a sierra club member in adv rider disguise. what if we just do what we do and you can just be ok with it. go hang out in california adventure rider and see if they need help following or making new rules.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #6205
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

I am going to spend the next year trying to get green sticker money to add dirt bike only trails to the Rowher OHV area. It can be done. But we need some user involvement in the way of a phone call and an email when the time is right.

If everyone pissed about shrinking trails at Rowher:

1) - Makes one phone call now asking to get dirt bike only trails put back where the cut outs were for SAFETY and simple fairness as dirt bikers have lost almost all trails in these OHV areas to wider and flatter trails for ATVs, SXSs and full size vehicles....

2) - And then sends one email supporting the grant application that gets submitted next year in March....

...you have a great chance of seeing new dirt bike only trails in 2015/2016.

I know the SSS crowd has no interest in working with the man... or even riding Rowher for that matter. They get half their thrill from riding outlaw and flipping the man the bird ! I get it. After 30+ years in OC I moved wife, home & business to the high desert to live in an area where I can ride rouge from my driveway any day of the week. I see no one... I share no trail. I rarely hear another dirt bike. It's a 50s thing. You've had enough... and you don't give a shit anymore... and you are gonna be a little rebelious for a few years before you can't any more. It's call midlife whether you wanna admit it or not. I GET IT.

That said... for you Rowher lovers... that want your local riding area to grow in trail miles rather than shrink there is a way ! We've done it in SBNF... and Angeles (Rowher) is willing to listen.

Start the process by giving Ranger Bob Blount a call at (661) 269-2808 and let him know you want to "Add back dirt bike only trail to Rowher where they took away the cut outs along the forest road forcing you to share a high speed dirt road with ATVs, SXS and full size vehicles. It is a huge safety issue... and it is also a fairness issue as dirt bikers have lost so much trail to ATVs, SXS & full size vehicles."

The number of calls he gets right now gives him a reason to help you. Nobody calls ? He'll go work on mountain bike or equestrian trails. Those people are calling.

Sierra Club Operative signing out !

Guests are encouraged.

Jeff aka BOLT screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 12:36 PM
Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #6206
Off Limits
Thread killer

Quote:
I am going to spend the next year trying to get green sticker money to add dirt bike only trails to the Rowher OHV area. It can be done. But we need some user involvement in the way of a phone call and an email when the time is right.

If everyone pissed about shrinking trails at Rowher:

1) - Makes one phone call now asking to get dirt bike only trails put back where the cut outs were for SAFETY and simple fairness as dirt bikers have lost almost all trails in these OHV areas to wider and flatter trails for ATVs, SXSs and full size vehicles....

2) - And then sends one email supporting the grant application that gets submitted next year in March....

...you have a great chance of seeing new dirt bike only trails in 2015/2016.

I know the SSS crowd has no interest in working with the man... or even riding Rowher for that matter. They get half their thrill from riding outlaw and flipping the man the bird ! I get it. After 30+ years in OC I moved wife, home & business to the high desert to live in an area where I can ride rouge from my driveway any day of the week. I see no one... I share no trail. I rarely hear another dirt bike. It's a 50s thing. You've had enough... and you don't give a shit anymore... and you are gonna be a little rebelious for a few years before you can't any more. It's call midlife whether you wanna admit it or not. I GET IT.

That said... for you Rowher lovers... that want your local riding area to grow in trail miles rather than shrink there is a way ! We've done it in SBNF... and Angeles (Rowher) is willing to listen.

Start the process by giving Ranger Bob Blount a call at (661) 269-2808 and let him know you want to "Add back dirt bike only trail to Rowher where they took away the cut outs along the forest road forcing you to share a high speed dirt road with ATVs, SXS and full size vehicles. It is a huge safety issue... and it is also a fairness issue as dirt bikers have lost so much trail to ATVs, SXS & full size vehicles."

The number of calls he gets right now gives him a reason to help you. Nobody calls ? He'll go work on mountain bike or equestrian trails. Those people are calling.

Sierra Club Operative signing out !

same thing happened in lake arrowhead, i was taking my rhino on the same trails for years, then they put up a sign saying no rhinos, it was fun plowing into that sign and not looking back. a trail is a trail, quad rhino or dirtbike for that matter. if guys like you who are so into making trails, help organize against the MAN!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #6207
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
same thing happened in lake arrowhead, i was taking my rhino on the same trails for years, then they put up a sign saying no rhinos, it was fun plowing into that sign and not looking back. a trail is a trail, quad rhino or dirtbike for that matter. if guys like you who are so into making trails, help organize against the MAN!!!

With almost 200 miles if green sticker trails and forest roads for your rhino on that mountain... you just have to drive on the few miles of 50 inch trail reserved for atvs and dirt bikes around arrowhead... and run down signs in the process.

So when you claimed you are only an asshole online... I guess you were lying.

Guests are encouraged.

Jeff aka BOLT screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 02:26 PM
Old 03-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #6208
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,479
Quote:
With almost 200 miles if green sticker trails and forest roads for your rhino on that mountain... you just have to drive on the few miles of 50 inch trail reserved for atvs and dirt bikes around arrowhead... and run down signs in the process.

So when you claimed you are only an asshole online... I guess you were lieing.

I think his claim was, he is a Dick.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #6209
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
I think his claim was, he is a Dick.
Oh... sorry if I mispoke...

Guests are encouraged.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #6210
Off Limits
Thread killer

Quote:

So when you claimed you are only an asshole online... I guess you were lying.

it was never reserved for anything, it was just fine for a rhino, just wide enough to be fun and not dangerous. but then they put up a sign saying it was no longer legal, but didnt actually change anything on the trails.

we can fight all day long on here, i will win everytime.