ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #6586
150ron
Beastly Adventurer
 
150ron's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Valencia, ca
Oddometer: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
Before the power station fire, it was possible to ride from Rowher to Gorman with just a few miles of pavement. I know that from drinkwater to lake hughes is closed due to the fire. Not shure about lake hughes to gorman via the sawmills, but heres the route from castaic. Take lake hughes road towards lake hughes. About a quarter mile before lake elizabeth road, just before you cross the wash is Maxwell road on the left. This will take you up on the sawmills. Follow this dirt road forever until you come down to the aquaduct paralleling the 138. You will hit pavement near the 5. Follow this until you come to the 138. If memory serves me right, you have to go north on the 138 for a short distance and make a left on the back road into Gorman.
Cheers m8, Maxwell/sawmill, i know where that starts, kinda hidden in there, between 2 properties, will have to check it out one of these days, thanks.
__________________
Just some dude...
150ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #6587
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
Before the power station fire, it was possible to ride from Rowher to Gorman with just a few miles of pavement. I know that from drinkwater to lake hughes is closed due to the fire. Not shure about lake hughes to gorman via the sawmills, but heres the route from castaic. Take lake hughes road towards lake hughes. About a quarter mile before lake elizabeth road, just before you cross the wash is Maxwell road on the left. This will take you up on the sawmills. Follow this dirt road forever until you come down to the aquaduct paralleling the 138. You will hit pavement near the 5. Follow this until you come to the 138. If memory serves me right, you have to go north on the 138 for a short distance and make a left on the back road into Gorman.
If it was still open and you looked hard, you could probably find the remains of a female midget up there.

She fell out of my back pack on that road one night about 2:00am. It's all true, Klammer saw it happen.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #6588
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy
 
Klammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
Oddometer: 2,339
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
If it was still open and you looked hard, you could probably find the remains of a female midget up there.

She fell out of my back pack on that road one night about 2:00am. It's all true, Klammer saw it happen.
What happens in the sawmills stays in the sawmills!
__________________
If it's got tits or tires,eventually,it's gonna give you trouble
RFBK videos http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post16352382
Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #6589
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 822
Is anyone up to doing a Tuesday evening ride 13 Aug.? I'm trying to prep body and bike for the upcoming Bishop ride in October……
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC,
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #6590
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,979
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Is anyone up to doing a Tuesday evening ride 13 Aug.? I'm trying to prep body and bike for the upcoming Bishop ride in October……
Yes, where are you coming from home or work? what time in the evening?



.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #6591
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Yes, where are you coming from home or work? what time in the evening?



.
I will be coming from home. First day off so get there about 7 or 8ish. I'm actually thinking of slabing it from home…..
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC,
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #6592
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Is anyone up to doing a Tuesday evening ride 13 Aug.? I'm trying to prep body and bike for the upcoming Bishop ride in October……
Could work that in, im right around the corner. Could stage from my pad if you like. Pete, u cumming?

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #6593
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,979
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Could work that in, im right around the corner. Could stage from my pad if you like. Pete, u cumming?

RIDE ON!
Yes, I will be there early meaning before that slab loving nut shows up. lets go get a few laps in before 7. OK?

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #6594
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,979
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
I will be coming from home. First day off so get there about 7 or 8ish. I'm actually thinking of slabing it from home…..
Chris if you want to slab it there OK. I'l be trucking in early and can give you a lift back to the OC if you wish.



.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #6595
1224R
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 1,944
Did a little ditty with da Israelis today... Weather was great.....
__________________
I thought YOU had the map......
1224R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #6596
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Did a little ditty with da Israelis today... Weather was great.....
Those guys disappeared from here after the WARPED ride, was a VERY nice day yesterday!

Pete, lemme know if your staging here or there

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #6597
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,979
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Pete, lemme know if your staging here or there

RIDE ON!
I will stage at your house, what time will you be home? I wan't to ride a little in the daylight before it gets dark.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #6598
1224R
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 1,944
Sean I saw you trying to nab that 500 in bikes yesterday....
__________________
I thought YOU had the map......
1224R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #6599
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
[QUOTE=1224R;22076567]Sean I saw you trying to nab that 500 in bikes yesterday....[/QUOT

Yep, a tad to late, believe Mojave mutt got it. If he flakes tomorrow im in.

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #6600
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
I will stage at your house, what time will you be home? I wan't to ride a little in the daylight before it gets dark.

I'll make sure im home by 5/5;30, gear up & ride.

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014