ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #811
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
Congrats on the new bike!
But the link doesn't work did you get a Honda, husky or something else?

I picked this up from DR yesterday

Cleaned the carb and tank and now the front wheel doesn't want to stay on the ground. Its a bitch to start though, the bottom of my foot is killing me.

Looks like its just Klammer and me for tomorrow, unless theres any lurkers.
I picked up a 2006 Honda Cr450F from my neighbor for dirt cheap. Had it in his garage for three years and I never knew it. Less than $2000, yep

Less than $1900, yep

Less than $1800, yep
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #812
HeadTrauma
\_(ツ)_/
 
HeadTrauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
Its a bitch to start though, the bottom of my foot is killing me.
You doing the starting drill?

I wouldn't mind attending the RFBK, but it isn't happening tomorrow. Too bad, I haven't seen another XR600 in any of the ride photos. Now I lost my chance to be the first.
__________________
1995 XR628R -Lots of goodies...room for more.
"Another breakdown, suicidal shakedown,
Feels like I'm livin' on a chain gang."
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #813
Klammer OP
Old and Grumpy
 
Klammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
Oddometer: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrauma
You doing the starting drill?

I wouldn't mind attending the RFBK, but it isn't happening tomorrow. Too bad, I haven't seen another XR600 in any of the ride photos. Now I lost my chance to be the first.
What week days work best for you?
__________________
If it's got tits or tires,eventually,it's gonna give you trouble
RFBK videos http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post16352382
Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #814
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ben99r1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Pomona, Calif.
Oddometer: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
Congrats on the new bike!
But the link doesn't work did you get a Honda, husky or something else?

I picked this up from DR yesterday

Cleaned the carb and tank and now the front wheel doesn't want to stay on the ground. Its a bitch to start though, the bottom of my foot is killing me.

Looks like its just Klammer and me for tomorrow, unless theres any lurkers.
You should put all the good parts on the XRL then part it out. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #815
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
I picked up a 2006 Honda Cr450F from my neighbor for dirt cheap. Had it in his garage for three years and I never knew it. Less than $2000, yep

Less than $1900, yep

Less than $1800, yep
Damn.... way to go


__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #816
HeadTrauma
\_(ツ)_/
 
HeadTrauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer
What week days work best for you?
Usually it's Tues/Thurs/sometimes Fri, but it helps if I sort it out a week ahead of time. I have a lot on my plate tomorrow, Thurs, and possibly Fri, so this week is relatively shot.
__________________
1995 XR628R -Lots of goodies...room for more.
"Another breakdown, suicidal shakedown,
Feels like I'm livin' on a chain gang."
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #817
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrauma
You doing the starting drill?

I wouldn't mind attending the RFBK, but it isn't happening tomorrow. Too bad, I haven't seen another XR600 in any of the ride photos. Now I lost my chance to be the first.
Whats the starting drill
I've only kicked small bike or 2 strokes, this one almost kicked me off of it today.
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #818
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
You should put all the good parts on the XRL then part it out. Ben
This one is the trail bike the XRL is the touring bike and the RD350 is the some day I will ride bike
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #819
HeadTrauma
\_(ツ)_/
 
HeadTrauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Oddometer: 1,260
Starting drill:

- Push the kicker down until you feel compression.
- Pull in the compression release lever by the clutch perch and push on the kicker until you feel TDC
- Let go of the release lever and give it a stern kick.

This video I found should be illustrative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI1jX9ZDZkk

Protip: to clear a flood, hold the release lever in and kick the engine over five to 10 times at WOT with the kill switch activated.

Protip2: NEVER give it throttle when trying to start the engine or you will get kicked back.
__________________
1995 XR628R -Lots of goodies...room for more.
"Another breakdown, suicidal shakedown,
Feels like I'm livin' on a chain gang."

HeadTrauma screwed with this post 06-15-2010 at 11:28 PM
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #820
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
Damn.... way to go


That'd be her. $1750. With a new set of tires and two seats. Super low hours. Other than the scratches from when he crashed it and the wife made him stop riding, she's a beauty
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #821
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
Congrats on the new bike!
But the link doesn't work did you get a Honda, husky or something else?

I picked this up from DR yesterday

Cleaned the carb and tank and now the front wheel doesn't want to stay on the ground. Its a bitch to start though, the bottom of my foot is killing me.

Looks like its just Klammer and me for tomorrow, unless theres any lurkers.
Give it time JM... You will leaRn. The routine. I fire it regularly on the first kick. She just don't know you yet
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #822
tuff enuff
Imported Adventurer
 
tuff enuff's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: St. George, Utah
Oddometer: 298
In

See you all 9 ish
tuff enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #823
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrauma
Starting drill:

- Push the kicker down until you feel compression.
- Pull in the compression release lever by the clutch perch and push on the kicker until you feel TDC
- Let go of the release lever and give it a stern kick.

This video I found should be illustrative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI1jX9ZDZkk

Protip: to clear a flood, hold the release lever in and kick the engine over five to 10 times at WOT with the kill switch activated.

Protip2: NEVER give it throttle when trying to kick the engine over or you will get kicked back.

Went out there and did what you said and started on the second kick! Thanks
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #824
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by atpalmer
I'm in for tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff enuff
See you all 9 ish
see yall at 9
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #825
PAPABEAR
ca ibex
 
PAPABEAR's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: santa monica, ca
Oddometer: 36
need gps location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
see yall at 9
i would like to join in. please let me know where we are meeting
__________________
carpe diem
PAPABEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014