Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #1516
RLCanon
Adventure Arrrrr!

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ball
...pirates and BMW riders...
I'm surprised none of the Beemer guys took issue with those terms being used so close together in the same sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
Watch for moss on all other concrete crossing.
Excellent advice, only in my case it's more like quiver in abject terror at the prospect of moss on any given crossing!
What can I say? Life has been everything to me. Was it good or bad? It was just life, everything was in it. I suppose my advice for the living might just be: Live! And when it is time to die, die! - Ozymandias

We're all contributing factors to our own demise... - Lovin' it Strom
RLCanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #1517
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,719
Ghostrider & Mr2mc are the experts on Bosque Co. They both have a great knowledge of that area.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #1518
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX
Ghostrider & Mr2mc are the experts on Bosque Co. They both have a great knowledge of that area.
Thanx Foto....I haven't been out doin much gravel lately ....But I'll give him my 2"sense" worth......or is that No"cents" worthless

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #1519
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,461
Quote:
That pic of 3137 looks great. We're not on the best DS bikes. My buddys on a 650 GS with Anakees which is fine, but he lacks dirt roading experience. I'm on a total odd ball, an MZ Skorpion Tour with Anakee's (see my avatar). I know, I know... but I run up and down Click Route (Llano CR 315) often with no worries...except the creek when it's more than normal. Wish I could take my XT350 up to Bosque for these roads...maybe next time.

Any thing with too gnarly of water crossings may not work out for us, otherwise we're simply not smart enough to turn around...

A lot depends on road conditions/water levels when we get there I guess.
Hey J Ball...Which way are ya'll planning on taking on the way up.I'll recommend some that are listed on the HILL COUNTRY DIRT ROADS GOOGLE MAP by tjrocket & others....link...http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=ml

I've added tons of paved CO RDs to this map & there are many gravel roads in the area too. There are 2 pages of roads listed & not all are shown until you switch to page 2.The northernmost roads(McLennan,Bosque,Somervell...etc.) are on that page.

Ghost's recommendation of Coryell 224 & Bosque 4240 are great for ya on those bikes.If you want big hills Bosque 4250 is GREAT(water/slab at 4240 intsect) Bosque 4255 connects Coryell 224 & 4250.

Another nice one is Bosque 4215/Coryell 226 from FM217 @ Turnersville to FM219.Wide open then some hills/curves/water/slab.
Bosque 4195 & 4175 + Rock Church 4145 paved & don't miss the pool/slab on 4180. 4170 is good too but not like 4180

Several paved (some just barely) goodies near Cranfills Gap 4100,4135,4125,4130 & FM1473 from Hwy22 to Spring Creek Rd & 2130
FM1238 has a spectacular view to north just before where 2130 crosses

Near Meridian 1035,1040(check conditions),1045 between Hwy22 & FM2136

Many more closer to home NW of Waco (Valley Mills/Clifton.

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #1520
J-Ball
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Hey guys thanks for the input. I've checked out the map, there were so many roads that's why I was asking for specfics. We're coming up hwy 16 and heading to the Cirle T arena near Hamilton, I've got some business there, then were heading into the hills to get lost.
How's the weather there? My eariler report of "dirt roads are good in Llano Co." is off. Its been raining cats and dogs since that post. Pretty damn muddy here now. If you want to bring your girlfriends in bikini's for some mud wrestling...we're ready to go here.
If it's still pouring in the a.m. we'll take the jeep and hit these back roads. Hopefully decent weather will prevail and we'll be on bikes. If anyone wants to hook up shoot out a ph. # and we'll call ya. I'll check this post in the am before we head out. Thanks for the help guys..... Next time we'll give a heads up and have some fun, mostly heading up for business with a side trip this time....

did some one mention poke smot in a previous post? Hmmmm......
J-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #1521
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,715
Quote:
Hey guys thanks for the input. I've checked out the map, there were so many roads that's why I was asking for specfics. We're coming up hwy 16 and heading to the Cirle T arena near Hamilton, I've got some business there, then were heading into the hills to get lost.
How's the weather there? My eariler report of "dirt roads are good in Llano Co." is off. Its been raining cats and dogs since that post. Pretty damn muddy here now. If you want to bring your girlfriends in bikini's for some mud wrestling...we're ready to go here.
If it's still pouring in the a.m. we'll take the jeep and hit these back roads. Hopefully decent weather will prevail and we'll be on bikes. If anyone wants to hook up shoot out a ph. # and we'll call ya. I'll check this post in the am before we head out. Thanks for the help guys..... Next time we'll give a heads up and have some fun, mostly heading up for business with a side trip this time....

did some one mention poke smot in a previous post? Hmmmm......
So far we have seen very little rain. I drove 3137 and only had to use 4 wheel drive on the last section(by the way somebody really rutted that last section up. I drug my skid plate on my dodge and I have 35 inch tires
I cut across to 3150 next and the dust is not even settle yet 3150 is now open with fresh base across much of it. They dumped enough base to cover the rock ledges that made that road pretty interesting. Right now it is loose as a goose but should be pretty nice if it rains and packs down some. My GSA was plowing pretty good in a couple of places!!! Had a good day at work and boss told me to take off if I want tomorrow. I will go in tomorrow and will be close at hand tomorrow...will PM yall my number
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #1522
J-Ball
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Ghost, I barely know what a Pm is... I'll check in the am, see what I can find. I know i'm having email troubles at the casa at the moment. If we meet up, awesome, if not, untill next time......thanks for the help.
J......
J-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #1523
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,551
Well, there is a map. The northern part is on page 2.

View Hill Country Dirt Roads, Texas Dual Sport Rides in a larger map

Here's the link to the map in case my embedding fails (like I think it has)

Nevermind, I see someone already beat me to the mapping punch.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:51 AM   #1524
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCanon
I'm surprised none of the Beemer guys took issue with those terms being used so close together in the same sentence!
Its a sad day when people start lumping these two groups together. Us KLR people are never lumped into any other groups - we're unique!
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 04-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #1525
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Its a sad day when people start lumping these two groups together. Us KLR people are never lumped into any other groups - we're unique!
Put yall KLR and KTooM riders together

Ever have a bad day...mine has started!!!
Went to feed the pet rabbit...its dead...go to feed my baby chicks and a big tomcat is try to get in their cage so I get my pistol. The cat runs but I shoot the cat, bullet goes through the cat ricochets off my concrete floor through a gas can into my KLX650 gas tank leaving with a bloody gas filled garage that I had to clean before I came to work Gas can is probably ruined, I think I can repair the tank...Damn what a day and not even 8AM
Old 04-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #1526
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Put yall KLR and KTooM riders together

Ever have a bad day...mine has started!!!
Went to feed the pet rabbit...its dead...go to feed my baby chicks and a big tomcat is try to get in their cage so I get my pistol. The cat runs but I shoot the cat, bullet goes through the cat ricochets off my concrete floor through a gas can into my KLX650 gas tank leaving with a bloody gas filled garage that I had to clean before I came to work Gas can is probably ruined, I think I can repair the tank...Damn what a day and not even 8AM
Could've been worse. Could have hit one of your BMWs. I can only imagine what those germans want for a replacement tank.

Now, watch the cat's owner show up and demand you pay for the vet bills. That would happen if you lived up here in the big city.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 04-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #1527
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

All I can say is the owner should have fed his cat My chickens are for me...

And yeah the KLX took the bullet for the 1200 literally
Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #1528
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
Used to be open season for cats on Guam. I hit one with a .44mag and split it in two. Neither one of them ever bothered my trash again
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #1529
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
All I can say is the owner should have fed his cat My chickens are for me...

And yeah the KLX took the bullet for the 1200 literally
I'm agreeing with you, but sometimes logic seems to get twisted, especially regarding pets and especially here in the larger cities where people don't understand about raising animals for food. I'm guessing there is a fair amount of people here in the city (50 or 60% IMHO) that would avoid meat if they had to harvest and clean it themselves.

One persons "treasured wildlife encounter" is another person's pest. I used to live on a lake. When I was in school, I seem to remember being taught that beavers were almost hunted to extinction and they are still to be protected. Well it turns out that was BS. Anybody that lives near some fresh water and has (or had) trees has a different take on the beaver. Since we have greatly reduced the population of whatever would eat the beavers, the beaver population has exploded. After the beavers attacked my trees, well I didn't like them much after that...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 04-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #1530
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47Pilot
Used to be open season for cats on Guam. I hit one with a .44mag and split it in two. Neither one of them ever bothered my trash again
Yeah, dead cats don't dig in the trash anymore! We currently have a squirrel problem here, but unfortunately I live in the city where shooting squirrels is illegal.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R