Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #5926
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
The Sargent seats seem to be well regarded and has been top of my list since I bought he bike but I haven't seen tons of input for pillion comfort on any of these seats. And since my wife has taken to the whole motorcycle thing so strongly that's become a real concern.

She borrowed my other helmet, went on one ride, and the next day we were buying her gear. For the 170 we spent she got some pretty good stuff. A Frank Thomas waterproof/vented jacket with winter liner, Built waterproof touring boots, armored Built gloves, and some off brand helmet that gets good reviews. Gotta love being able to fit the odd sizes on the clearance rack and, even though It's not the best gear in the world, the prices were good and it'll get her started right.

Since then she's been on the bike almost everyday. Good times.
I see matching gear under your christmas tree this year...

I think motorcycle seats are a lot like bicycle seats - You can do research, but you'll never know until you purchase one and give it a try.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #5927
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
If not for my Sargent seat my butt would enjoy riding alot less. Beats the hell out of the stock seat. My ride to Alaska proved my point, Big time. Also has held up really well. I am sold on it.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #5928
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
As a side note on gear, I am spending 2 months along Lake Superior, for a big B-day and to escape the furnace back home in TX, and want to plug a great motorcycle gear company. It is called Aerostitch and makes great riding apparel, and it is made right here in the USA. They are located in Duluth,MN and I highly recommemd them for all riders wanting well made riding gear.

I bought a Darien jacket and pants and cannot wait for my next big ride. Real nice and knowledgeable people who work there. And like I said. MADE IN THE USA.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #5929
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,371
Anybody wanna take me home I swear I must have giant crosshairs on me today. Every critter, cage and big truck seems to be out to get me With SOG and TXJames out, I am beginning to wonder if I am next...I had to dodge 4 times the amount of usual deer on way to work including four with fawns caught between high fences. That was like trying to ride through a pinball machine in bonus play mode. Then a buzzard on a post decided to fly right at me for no apparent reason other than he could. Then a lime truck ran a stop sign to turn out in front of me and if that was not enough, some old man in Clifton was looking down at his lap and steered right into my lane, though I was gonna have to ride on the sidewalk Then on FM1991, a bunch of turkeys decided to cross the road on me...at this point, I was beginning to think the whole world is after me today...SO far no one or thing in MEridian has tried to accost me
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #5930
dsavage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Anybody wanna take me home I swear I must have giant crosshairs on me today. Every critter, cage and big truck seems to be out to get me With SOG and TXJames out, I am beginning to wonder if I am next...I had to dodge 4 times the amount of usual deer on way to work including four with fawns caught between high fences. That was like trying to ride through a pinball machine in bonus play mode. Then a buzzard on a post decided to fly right at me for no apparent reason other than he could. Then a lime truck ran a stop sign to turn out in front of me and if that was not enough, some old man in Clifton was looking down at his lap and steered right into my lane, though I was gonna have to ride on the sidewalk Then on FM1991, a bunch of turkeys decided to cross the road on me...at this point, I was beginning to think the whole world is after me today...SO far no one or thing in MEridian has tried to accost me

Ghost....it's still early. Don't start feeling lucky just yet.
dsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #5931
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavage View Post
Ghost....it's still early. Don't start feeling lucky just yet.
Found myself out in the dark last night running 390 west to pick up 290 for home. SOG and TxJames were very much on my mind. Kinda worked on my head a bit. Made it home with both TX TOR and USA TOR. Need to run Nutsy a bit further north this weekend.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #5932
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Found myself out in the dark last night running 390 west to pick up 290 for home. SOG and TxJames were very much on my mind. Kinda worked on my head a bit. Made it home with both TX TOR and USA TOR. Need to run Nutsy a bit further north this weekend.
Kinda on my mind...both excellent riders that I respect their abilities. Hell, James is such a natural rider that make me work hard to keep with him...For him to fall...I feel like like I need to be super human to avoid all the shit out to get me The deer did not bother me as much as the damn 18 wheel lime truck that blocked the whole road leaving me no egress routes. Thankfully I was only running high 70s coming down that hill on 2602. Not the first time some of those pricks have done that...can contribute to a sense of roadrage
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #5933
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,430
A SAD DAY.....Like Bulldozin The Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo

I just finished readin this post on the Western States forum....

PhilHill & I took a trip out to Cali a few years back & rode Hwy 50 (The Lonliest Road in America). I couldn't flippin believe my eyes when we got close enough to make out what it was up ahead on the side of the road. JUST AN AMAZING THING.

....& now it's gone....
read here..
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649227

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #5934
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Kinda on my mind...both excellent riders that I respect their abilities. Hell, James is such a natural rider that make me work hard to keep with him...For him to fall...I feel like like I need to be super human to avoid all the shit out to get me The deer did not bother me as much as the damn 18 wheel lime truck that blocked the whole road leaving me no egress routes. Thankfully I was only running high 70s coming down that hill on 2602. Not the first time some of those pricks have done that...can contribute to a sense of roadrage
Been a speediot since '82 and never once blew a turn so bad that I had to leave the roadway. 'Til a few weeks ago, that is. Every rider is just one brain fart from getting off and this heat wave only compounds that risk. Seems to be affecting the cagers as well.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #5935
Has Been
Better HB Than NW

Oddometer: 340
The Last To Know Anything

Went in to see TxJames today. WRONG!!! Released Sunday. Somebody tell how to heal up that quick.
Carpe Diem (Big Dave says so)

1999 BMW R1100S
1997 Husaberg FE501E
1979 Husqvarna Auto
Has Been is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #5936
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
I would like to mention how great it was to see the support for TXJames. I've always known that motorcycling can be risky, but to see everyone doing what they could to take care of him and his bike was great.

Especially as I'm new to meeting anyone from here in person, it's a good side to see.

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #5937
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Been a speediot since '82 and never once blew a turn so bad that I had to leave the roadway. 'Til a few weeks ago, that is. Every rider is just one brain fart from getting off and this heat wave only compounds that risk. Seems to be affecting the cagers as well.
Was I behind you at the time on 580? If so, I appear to be the common denominator. Uh-oh. Not good. And anyway, you made it. lol We were scooting pretty good.

As far as lessons to be learned friom the latest two?

Not much really.

Mine : Effin deer are starving and everywhere and all times of the day. Patterning is waaay off.

His : That stuff that is darker then the rest of the roadway and looks slicker than owl shit? Well, there's a good chance that it has liquefied in 106 degree heat and is , in fact, slicker than owl shit.

Txjames update. Sorry, David. I thought I had posted that he had gone home.

He will have his 4th CT scan in the a.m.. Can you say "cash cow"? I knew you could. He then meets with the paRTNER OF THE SURGEON AT 1. dANG CAPS LOCK. to discuss options.

He's in good spirits and the pain appears to be less today.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #5938
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Was I behind you at the time on 580? If so, I appear to be the common denominator. Uh-oh. Not good.
Its the heidi's, they're the common denominator. Perhaps the road noise they make sounds like a deer feeder motor?

Plus you were a mile away when TXJames found that slick spot.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #5939
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,182
For you campers inter group (SOG) the Gander Mtn. in Corsicana has MSR pot sets on clearance. I picked up a stainless classic set for $20. The had the Aluminum non stick stuff too but I don't like aluminum.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #5940
super8mm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
For you campers inter group (SOG) the Gander Mtn. in Corsicana has MSR pot sets on clearance. I picked up a stainless classic set for $20. The had the Aluminum non stick stuff too but I don't like aluminum.
I have the SS and i like it, I just got a Grillput grill last week so the only thing i am wanting now is a Kelty tarp and 2 poles
super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote