Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #1081
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
Dahveed....Take your time to get the right bike for your riding pleasure.When you find the right one.......you'll know.

As for the other random thoughts.....Agman,Wingnut & I went out twistin round today & hit some of the goodies I've got listed on the Austin Roads map by tjrocket. Started out with Gene (Wingnut) on the usual Coryell CR272/274/Old Osage Rd route from FM185/Crawford to Gatesville.Met Agman at FM116/Hwy84 & headed south to FM1783/King.Just past King turned on CR142 headed back to Pidcoke on FM116 then after going south took FM580 to Topsey & turned at the county line south on Lampasas CR3670? (wish they'd fix the maps).Turned right at the end of that rd on CR???? west to FM2313 & headed south for Kempner/Hwy190
After crossing the river on the west side of Kempner turned south on FM3170/CR223 along the river to Okalla then west on FM963 thru the sport bike twisties.At Hwy183/Watson we jig jogged over to CR208 & headed west just north of FM963.CR208 eventually runs into CR207 which we took back north toward Lampasas & lunch at the Yum Factory (there's a reason for the name...& it's a good one!!!).After lunch Gene & Agman headed back in to their respective ranches.....but me .....nah....more asphalt to use up.

I'll get to that later........more roads to add to the map!!!!
I'm glad someone made it out today. I was in the cage with the kids and saw lots of fair-weather bikers out and about today before the front came through.

Ghost - are we still doing the around the bend thing on Friday - Sunday (or Monday?)? My ex sister-in-law is still battling cancer so I might have to be flexible at the last moment.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #1082
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,460
Round the Bend...

Wish I could say I was goin.....but....just not gonna be possible right now.

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #1083
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,718
I rode to Zur Autobahn yesterday outside Meridian. Was great riding until the big breeze started blowing in my face all the way home, Nice to be out riding though.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #1084
Mud Missile
Aventurero

Oddometer: 170
Eh? Muddy at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
Hey, Mud, haven't heard from ya in a while. Was afraid you got buried up somewhere. Just got muddied myself on Ol Yellar. Went down one our back alley roads and it was a muddy nightmare Here I am at the office drenched and muddy from waste down So much for dressing up huh
Sorry to heard about your misadventure with the foul weather and it's cousins. Ain't this some crap about snow tonight? I sent my bike to BB yesterday with IPHorde and Cody since I couldn't count on the weather cooperating during my ride Wednesday night. I ll try to post reports from down there but I dought I get signal.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #1085
Mud Missile
Aventurero

Oddometer: 170
Around the bend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRoadWhore
Hey Ghost, I'm game. What time? Witch way? I have a few 100 miles left on the skins before the metz's go back on. It would be a good way to finish them off.
Sorry for the late response but I sent my bike on trailer back with friends ahead of me since weather was not too promising. Therefore, my plan is to truck myself Wednesday night to Monahans, camp and head out early to Terlingua to meet my buddies and pick up my bike. Once down there, plan is open to whatever. I think we are going to spend at least two days in BB State park.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #1086
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Missile
Sorry for the late response but I sent my bike on trailer back with friends ahead of me since weather was not too promising. Therefore, my plan is to truck myself Wednesday night to Monahans, camp and head out early to Terlingua to meet my buddies and pick up my bike. Once down there, plan is open to whatever. I think we are going to spend at least two days in BB State park.
Sorry guys got waylade into other activities. My cousin has a band and needed my PA system for a show Sat night so I had to haul my stuff and run sound for him. He will play the Horny Toad in Cranfills Gap, MArch 6,2010. His band plays old rock, blues, and old country. Took the KLX for ride right before the front hit Sunday. It runs good except for cam chain slap, got a tensioner on order for it.

BTW--- THANKS DAHVEED!!! more SNOW!!!
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #1087
tjrockit
One day closer...

Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Sorry guys got waylade into other activities. My cousin has a band and needed my PA system for a show Sat night so I had to haul my stuff and run sound for him. He will play the Horny Toad in Cranfills Gap, MArch 6,2010. His band plays old rock, blues, and old country.
Band, did you use to/still play in a band?

This is me in my younger days. Loved the wireless unit.

*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #1088
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrockit
Band, did you use to/still play in a band?

This is me in my younger days. Loved the wireless unit.

Played guitar until I messed my hand up...Thats why I decided to sell my guitars... My cousin and I played and wrote together...our paths diverged until he decided to start playing again. all of the guys played with other bands. Able Ochoa (lead guitar)played for Mo Bandy but loves Santana/Stevie Ray blues and he can play it Bass is Nate adams of Southbound, a country band but he loves rock so he is really diggin this...the drummer is Joe Fry who is getting up in years but has played professionally for as long as I can remember. My cousin Clint, beats an old Gibson accoustic and does most of the vocals. They also get some great 2 and 3 part harmonies going. So far, they are doing only covers, but Clint has a lot of original music and was the singer for Deaf Child that played around Austin and San MArcos about 7 or 8 years ago. His drummer then was Sean Palmer out of San Marcos(BAD ASS DRUMMER)
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #1089
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
I'm glad someone made it out today. I was in the cage with the kids and saw lots of fair-weather bikers out and about today before the front came through.

Ghost - are we still doing the around the bend thing on Friday - Sunday (or Monday?)? My ex sister-in-law is still battling cancer so I might have to be flexible at the last moment.
Dahveed, I am thinking I am not gonna make the trip. I might ride close. Too many irons in the fire to make much distance away from home.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #1090
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Strange - I got an email saying TexasDave posted here, but I click the link in the email and it brings me here and no post from TexasDave. Maybe he nuked it after posting it. hum...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #1091
TexasDave
Kawasaki Kamikaze

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Strange - I got an email saying TexasDave posted here, but I click the link in the email and it brings me here and no post from TexasDave. Maybe he nuked it after posting it. hum...

Dahveed .. correct I nuked it... Just thought you were awfully gracious about "trading up to a real ADV bike".
Old 02-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #1092
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Dahveed. Texasdave did post. I read it. Not sure what happened.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #1093
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Dahveed, I am thinking I am not gonna make the trip. I might ride close. Too many irons in the fire to make much distance away from home.
Yeah, its trying to get too much into the weekend. Perhaps later we can go for 4 or 5 days there. But, I still looking to ride around here this weekend.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #1094
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Let's make it happen. I got the cam chain tensioner for the KLX so looking to play with it some too.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #1095
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDave
Dahveed .. correct I nuked it... Just thought you were awfully gracious about "trading up to a real ADV bike".
Oh, whenever you hear those Beemer guys run their keyboards like that, you know they're just jealous of us KLR riders.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R