Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #11956
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
SO I'M A PACIFIST...Did you expect anything different from an old hippie?

OK.....Part of the reason for the plastic ice chest transport.....THE FLIPPIN SNAKE WAS IN MY HOUSE! This is the 4th time I've had to deal with snakes (3 inside) in the last 2-3 years or so. I'm almost sure it's been the same snake all along....looks similar each time. ...& after talkin to other folks.....pretty sure it's a copperhead instead of a rattler like I first thought...long narrow head...not wide.

First 2 times I chased it to the corn fields next to my land. 3rd time ol snaky went for a little 10 mile ride over to Patton & ended up fallin off the bridge into Hog Creek. If this time was that same snake....it must be attracted to my place for some reason....(maybe it's a hippie snake).

Dam thing did graze my pinky fingertip with it's fangs while I was tryin to put some heavy steppin stones on top of the cooler outside (where it's still sittin). I decided to go to ER (this was at 10:30PM) just to be sure about the wound. 3 1/2 hrs & $200 dollars later I was back home after the nurses & docs got thru. This was only my insurance co-pay amount. No tellin what the total bill was. I was given a saline IV ..a tetanus shot ..........(OK phone call over...back to the story).. & I gave them a nice warm cup of used fluids! & a blood sample. They basically put me in a room for observation from about 11:30 to 2:20AM. Got back home about 3AM & tried to get a few winks before work at 7:30. All in all a verry interesting evening...& early mornin.
Well I hope you bit it back! What did you learn Grasshopper?

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #11957
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,402
Confused us sez.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Well I hope you bit it back! What did you learn Gas stopper?
There are certain times when....A snake in the grass..is better to deal with...than a snake in the house.

?Hnh

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #11958
cleatusj
Dirt floor engineer

Oddometer: 942
Ya'll have fun. I'm heading southwest in the morning, toward San Saba, Llano area and who knows from there.
cleatusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #11959
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,310
well..got a cabin in Lake City for $60...things are looking up...took the KTM down SLum Gullion Pass...I had the GoPro running until the mount broke...managed to catch it before it fell off the bike. Not sure I have a good enough wifi to load video so that may have to wait. Took the Rubicon over Cinnamon pass to Silverton for supper. We had BBQ at The Pitt... the Q was pretty good as far as Colorado standards go but not even in the same class as Loco or Franklins On the way over the pass, we encountered this....

This pic does not do this justice...the tour Jeep had run off the road with about a 400 foot drop. the people were pretty shook up but no one hurt. I had to slip by and go on over the pass until I found a Ranger. Coming back we ran into the wrecker trying to recover the tour Jeep...the people were be loaded back into another tour Jeep..one of the ladies was crying and was not really wanting to ride out of there. Tomorrow...I plan to eat some more roads with the KTM and maybe hunt some more passes to challenge the Rubicon I seem to be over the altitude sickness
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #11960
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,045
Great pic. Are you riding those roads alone? Or is John....or ....uhhh...is Gail riding those roads?

Savage and I did that road on Gran Canyon's with sidecases in the snowmelt on street tires. Some asshole at the outfitters in Silverton told us a couple of 'wings had made it the week before. lol So here we go. La de da. Oh, shit!! We'd have gone back and had some words with them but .......it started sleeting on us and we thought we were gonna die. They do that shit to flatlanders for shits and giggles. Don't trust them.

Have fun, Ghost. Tear it up...

slowoldguy screwed with this post 06-29-2012 at 10:17 PM
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #11961
sasquatch98
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Sunday ride

I'm up for a Sunday ride as well and I still haven't made it to LC since they reopened.
sasquatch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #11962
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,455
The GF and I are planning on an Sunday LC run. What time are we talking?
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #11963
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
SO I'M A PACIFIST...Did you expect anything different from an old hippie?

OK.....Part of the reason for the plastic ice chest transport.....THE FLIPPIN SNAKE WAS IN MY HOUSE! This is the 4th time I've had to deal with snakes (3 inside) in the last 2-3 years or so. I'm almost sure it's been the same snake all along....looks similar each time. ...& after talkin to other folks.....pretty sure it's a copperhead instead of a rattler like I first thought...long narrow head...not wide.

First 2 times I chased it to the corn fields next to my land. 3rd time ol snaky went for a little 10 mile ride over to Patton & ended up fallin off the bridge into Hog Creek. If this time was that same snake....it must be attracted to my place for some reason....(maybe it's a hippie snake).

Dam thing did graze my pinky fingertip with it's fangs while I was tryin to put some heavy steppin stones on top of the cooler outside (where it's still sittin). I decided to go to ER (this was at 10:30PM) just to be sure about the wound. 3 1/2 hrs & $200 dollars later I was back home after the nurses & docs got thru. This was only my insurance co-pay amount. No tellin what the total bill was. I was given a saline IV ..a tetanus shot ..........(OK phone call over...back to the story).. & I gave them a nice warm cup of used fluids! & a blood sample. They basically put me in a room for observation from about 11:30 to 2:20AM. Got back home about 3AM & tried to get a few winks before work at 7:30. All in all a verry interesting evening...& early mornin.
So, what kind of snake was it? Its still in the cooler? Let me suggest you watch less of the Animal Planet where the guys catch snakes.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #11964
ShoelessJoe
DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer: 108
Help a Texas nOOb out.....LC? Bones and I are going to ride out from Georgetown tomorrow and we'd like to meet up with you guys, but knowing what/where the LC is would help.
ShoelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #11965
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,424
Loco Coyote

http://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-LO...17800401591654

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #11966
ShoelessJoe
DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Got it, thanks. Little too far north for me tomorrow.
ShoelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #11967
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Great pic. Are you riding those roads alone? Or is John....or ....uhhh...is Gail riding those roads?

Savage and I did that road on Gran Canyon's with sidecases in the snowmelt on street tires. Some asshole at the outfitters in Silverton told us a couple of 'wings had made it the week before. lol So here we go. La de da. Oh, shit!! We'd have gone back and had some words with them but .......it started sleeting on us and we thought we were gonna die. They do that shit to flatlanders for shits and giggles. Don't trust them.

Have fun, Ghost. Tear it up...
Gail and John are riding too. Gail was scared of the dirt but has picked up speed. My KTM is running rough at high altitude tried adjusting jets but will not idle above 10,000 feet.
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #11968
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

RIP Mr S. Snaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
So, what kind of snake was it? Its still in the cooler? Let me suggest you watch less of the Animal Planet where the guys catch snakes.
OBITUARY:

It is without great regret that I bring the news of the departure of a familiar presence around the Galaxy area. "Sneaky" Snaky has gone to that big "Reptile House". He was overcome by health complications from the heat sometime berween Thursday & Saturday morning.....even though he was in a "cooler" place.
Sneaky's life was filled with tasty morsels ...& a bit of the unexpected now & then. He even traveled from time to time. Once ..on a trip to Patton he accidentally fell over the edge of the new bridge across Hog Creek. It was thought that he was a goner then....but Ol' Snaky proved his tenacity by making his way back to air conditioned comfort...although it took quite a while.
A last bit of travel today delivered Sneaky to his final resting place on Cow House Creek outside of Pidcoke. He was given a "burial At Sea" of sorts since the Gulf Of Mexico is a bit farther away than is readily accessible.

Mr Snaky....You will be missed....just not by the buzzards.

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 06-30-2012 at 03:11 PM
Old 06-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #11969
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
OBITUARY:

It is without great regret that I bring the news of the departure of a familiar presence around the Galaxy area. "Sneaky" Snaky has gone to that big "Reptile House". He was overcome by health complications from the heat sometime berween Thursday & Saturday morning.....even though he was in a "cooler" place.
Sneaky's life was filled with tasty morsels ...& a bit of the unexpected now & then. He even traveled from time to time. Once ..on a trip to Patton he accidentally fell over the edge of the new bridge across Hog Creek. It was thought that he was a goner then....but Ol' Snaky proved his tenacity by making his way back to air conditioned comfort...although it took quite a while.
A last bit of travel today delivered Sneaky to his final resting place on Cow House Creek outside of Pidcoke. He was given a "burial At Sea" of sorts since the Gulf Of Mexico is a bit farther away than is readily accessible. Mr Snaky....You will be missed....just not by the buzzards.
A fitting ending. But the bad news is it was likely Snaky's brothers and sisters you were seeing in your house.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 06-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #11970
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

similarities.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
A fitting ending. But the bad news is it was likely Snaky's brothers and sisters you were seeing in your house.
maybe......maybe not.....

I prefer to think that Ol' Snaky was pretty sharp (well his fangs were anyway)
I guess we'll find out soon enough.......I gotta find that snake entry!

cycledelic hippie