Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #46
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by big adv
Here's another glass of cool aid for ya.
Mmm... mmmm... that cool-aid tastes sooooo goos and refreshing. I think I will have some tomorrow on my way to work and again this weekend in the great Texas winter weather. Want some?
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #47
Foofighter
Broken Sportbike Rider

Oddometer: 217
That is a very cool F800, and some very skillful riding in the videos!
Foofighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #48
ADVJake
***** dweller

Oddometer: 4,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
This F800GS would smoke a stock 950 SE.
Nah.
Show me a video more impressive. the SE is far more capable even in stock form, IMO.
KTM is just that... race ready.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #49
big adv
I need supervision

Oddometer: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX
Mmm... mmmm... that cool-aid tastes sooooo goos and refreshing. I think I will have some tomorrow on my way to work and again this weekend in the great Texas winter weather. Want some?
For the type of riding that I do, I need all my wits about me, THAT cool-aid seems to impair judgment and the ability to think, I think I'll pass.

My dad's a TV repair man, he has an awsome set of tools. We can fix that!

big adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #50
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,792
Jeez, there, KTM-lovers! The orange-flavored Kool-Aid seems to actually impair your judgment worse!

I guess I'll just have to re-post this vid:

This vid shows the capabilities of this bike good enough, you fellas are just gettin' jealous! I mean, what d'ya want? To see the bike doing backflips or something?

This thing would effen smoke a stock SE!! In all categories too:

weight
rear-wheel torque
handling
suspension
ergonomics
center of gravity
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #51
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #52
ADVJake
***** dweller

those videos don't impress...
sure are smooth tracks he's riding. have you ridden an SE yourself?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #53
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVJake
those videos don't impress...
sure are smooth tracks he's riding. have you ridden an SE yourself?
Smooth tracks???

Have you ridden this guy's tricked out Twalcom F800GS?

It says a lot about this guy's race bike when a bunch of guys come over from Orange Crush Land and start trolling and getting in pissin' matches claiming a stock KTM's got something on an effen race bike.

Take this sixer and head back to where ya came from:
Old 11-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #54
ADVJake
***** dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
Smooth tracks???

that right there, tells me you dont know what youre talkin' about. the terrain he is riding is smooth track, if you dont think so then you've never ridden a proper dirt bike.

the thing that lit my ears up was saying that this bike would outride an SE. simply not true.

the entire chassis & engine was built to race out of the box on a 950SE. the 800GS even with 20K in gear, its still an 800GS. Maybe it could keep up with an SE, but beat it? nup.

If you want to be proven wrong, which you probably wont, just head on over to orange crush and have a flick through the 950SE photo thread. Or have a looksie on youtube.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #55
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,667
We will never know what is best between the ktm and the bmw, as we will never get to ride it. My original question, is about price over performance. Why give all that money to build something that the ktm gives you of fthe crate at a lesser price? I would be very interested to hear the opinion of the builder of this machine.
Of course here comes the farkling gene, which is an undisputable driving force by itself!
Both are great bikes for sure though!
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #56
roookie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Nice bike!

The Bmeeer is nice for sure, and the sound is good, but 20K to get it to perform like shown in those vids I havent seen anything in those vids I havent/or can do on my stock 2000 640 Adv...they are running it on smooth singletracks, thats not hard.....

Not here to bash the Bmeeers, nice bikes
roookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #57
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by roookie1
I havent seen anything in those vids I havent/or can do on my stock 2000 640 Adv...they are running it on smooth singletracks, thats not hard.....
Or for that matter a stock 800GS

Really about the only thing I saw in the videos that gave me a clue the suspension was better was that he was able to land some small jumps, doing that on the stocker had my rear end feeling like there was no suspension at all. The rider is skilled and looked like he was having fun, and I'd bet the bike felt far more in control than with a stock suspension, but that's hard to see in this video.

I have to agree with the guys pointing out this is all smooth track, like the beginners track at any local riding park. We have worse fire roads around here that guys ride streetbikes down all the time.

Now I'm not dogging this bike, in fact I'm excited to see some guys put the effort into what they are doing. But lets see a video that shows what it can really do. Some real world adventure situations like dry creek beds or stacked rocks on an uphill climb,whooped out trail, does the suspension soak it up and let you ride aggressive? How about where roots and deep ruts cross the trail? Many here already ride some rough terrain with the 800, but at least for me I had to throttle way back in that stuff because the suspension was the limiting factor. I'm sure if this thing has been raced it's seen some gnarly terrain.....so lets see it! Please?

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #58
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVJake
the thing that lit my ears up was saying that this bike would outride an SE. simply not true.
That kind of thing happens a lot around here.

I'm a GS guy. I think this bike is cool. I think the fact that people are trying to compare it to a KTM SE (unmodified) says more about the KTM than it does the BMW...
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #59
TR5ESU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
A shame there isn't a video of it competing at Erzberg! I think that would show what the bike and rider are capable of!
The SE is also a great bike, it finished first at Erzberg, a HP2 was 4th this year.

Cheers
TR5ESU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #60
skamikazee
Noviço

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR5ESU
A shame there isn't a video of it competing at Erzberg! I think that would show what the bike and rider are capable of!
The SE is also a great bike, it finished first at Erzberg, a HP2 was 4th this year.

Cheers
That say's it all.... the SE finished first!
I love my 800GS and to me it's the best bike in the world, but i won't ever say it will be faster than a SE around a track!
The SE is more powerfull, lighter(?), and altough i never tried one, probably better suspension to, and i doubt that as modified as the 800 can be, will be better around a track than an equaly modified SE.
After all, the 800GS is a trail bike, the SE is a souped up enduro bike.

And yeha, that kind of terrain looks like smooth terrain, but the bike and rider shure seem's like capable of taking any terrain!
Shure would love to see it in real Action! (and +1 on how's the rear shock screw holding?)

Cheers