Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #106
TR5ESU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali
This thread is going own hill quick! Anyone know anything about the fork guards??? Anyone??
Looking closely at those pictures it looks like they have a metal bracket so they could fit a fork guard for a different fork... I wonder if they will end up selling that set up. I'd buy one for sure!

Cheers
TR5ESU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #107
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,767
Stefano Sacchini Erzberg Rodeo 2009 Blog
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #108
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,048
I like the "zero bruises" part.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #109
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,517
Eh?

That is sheer madness
love it!

where, like, what part of austria is that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skamikazee
For those who are wondering
"What exactly is .... THE Erzberg Rodeo?"

Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #110
Gany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
A reply I got from Twalcom:
Quote:
Hi Jamie,
all the F800GS used by Stefano Sacchini is special.

The fork is always the stock Marzocchi Shiver 45 but with increased end-stoke, pumping rods with surface coating against friction and cartridge Racing Bitubo with hydraulic adjustements of compression and reboud.
As you saw in the photos the bike is equipped with single Braking disc + stock brake pump of G450X. To be able to mount only the lower fork guards must necessarily eliminate the double disc. The kit is ready but will be marketed only if the request is appropriate. Now we are working also on special upper plate with deddicted clamps ad risers for the Steering damper.

All will be right for the next Erzber.
Ciao, Mario
I guess with enough demand they will make a fork guard/fender eliminator kit for us? Ive also asked if they can make a double brake line with double banjo so we can retain the 2 discs and run the lines down each fork leg. Not sure what to do about the stupid abs cable though, who knows why it runs down the right just to go over to the left...
Gany is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #111
Goss
LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,333
Watch for the Erzberg in HD on your sat or cable provider. It came on earlier this year.

In HD it is one wild event !
Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #112
Speedygonzalez
I Like Dirt

Oddometer: 3
Cool2 Hello If you like we have the answers

All F800 owners the pipe on her unleashes the beast within this machine.

Start here with this mod for beginners, its easy, sheds a heap of weight and dyno results are great.

The F800GS is a good platform but it does need work if you are club man - pro level you will definately need to look at her suspenders . This bike loves hard packed wide open road / firetrails The bike that you see here is turning and tuning it into a true offroad weapon and not for the faint hearted. The bike will do want the user would expect of a smaller machine but you do have to step these mods out as they do come with a cost.

These mods are available through us if your Australian Based we try to remain unbiased but as you can see it just oozes quality the results are astounding we will upload the Australian Specced version soon. Its been setup with the Adventure rider that wants to get to where he wants to go and won't break the budget.

Speedygonzalez screwed with this post 11-25-2009 at 08:58 AM
Speedygonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #113
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,164
I'd still really like to hear some details on the build up of the bike. Clearly those are not the stock forks and I'd like to hear more of the details.

"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #114
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Me too...
Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #115
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,040
Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #116
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Just sent him a PM reminding him he promised me he'd do a full write up on the build.

"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #117
Gany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
They are the stock forks just modified, refer to the email I received in post 110:
Quote:
The fork is always the stock Marzocchi Shiver 45 but with increased end-stoke, pumping rods with surface coating against friction and cartridge Racing Bitubo with hydraulic adjustements of compression and reboud.
Gany is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #118
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany
They are the stock forks just modified, refer to the email I received in post 110:
I saw that but 1) they aren't the same color as the stock forks and 2) he had a post on here where he said they were custom forks with 60mm more travel.

So I want to know what the dealio is.

Edit: Found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxpower
I have the bitubo SUPERFORK!

are 60 mm longer

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...3#post11406203
From the F800GS Bitubo cartridge thread, post #397.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #119
The Griz
North Forest Rider

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=400

They are indeed the stock Marzocchi forks, but have been heavily modified. The reason the fork tubes look different is because of a weather/dirt-resistant coating that Bitubo engineers put on them. And the reason that they are 60mm longer is because of the custom internals (rods and cartridges) that make it ride higher. These internals are way different than the mass production Bitubo kit you guys are putting in your forks. These custom ones have preload, rebound damping, and compression damping controls. I'm just repeating all of this from what Bitubo said about them in the thread/link above.

More than enough info about the forks. Ya can't get 'em. Bitubo engineers took the stock Marzocchi forks and heavily modded 'em.

Quote:
Hi Jamie,
all the F800GS used by Stefano Sacchini is special.

As you saw in the photos the bike is equipped with single Braking disc + stock brake pump of G450X. To be able to mount only the lower fork guards must necessarily eliminate the double disc. The kit is ready but will be marketed only if the request is appropriate. Now we are working also on special upper plate with deddicted clamps ad risers for the Steering damper.

All will be right for the next Erzber.
Ciao, Mario

The Griz screwed with this post 11-25-2009 at 03:42 PM
Old 11-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #120
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,032
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
They are indeed the stock Marzocchi forks, but have been heavily modified.
I don't think that's actually the case. I'm pretty sure there's something lost in the translation. Dropping the sliders 2.5"--if it's even possible at all--would really increase the potential for bending.

If I had to guess, I'd say the sliders are "stock" zokes, but from a bike with more travel, like the 610.
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote