Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #16
Adam990 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslap
Good luck buddy hope you get this sorted,might be worth telling the useless w@@kers who have your bike your going to be spreading the word on all the KTM forums how badly you.ve been treated,and id defo tell the finance company and if you have one where you are the trading standards or consumer rights people,there's no way this is acceptable.......
I phoned the finance company today, GE Money and the guy I got was really sympathetic to my cause as he was a fellow rider, but unfortunately GE has already paid out the stealership and basically the consumer really has no rights to complain to them, as the only thing I would be doing to stop making payments would be to hurt my credit rating and get the bike repossessed
I think my only avenue left is a lawyer , which I have been trying to avoid, but seems like the last option I have so that someone will sit up and pay attention :(
Adam990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,286
Sorry to hear your problems, I know how frustrating these things can be.

Iím not surprised you didn't get any joy from the finance company. Miss or stop making payment and there be all over like a rash, then they will consider the bike there problem and Iím sure they wonít be satisfied with a lemon either and be insisting for a refund from cycleworks.

The bikes under warranty, canít you phone KTM, pick the bike up and take it to another dealer? Once itís fixed you can then trade it in for a 2010 if you wish. Whatever you do donít stop the payments with the finance company no matter how angry you feel.
charlie264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #18
Chiasmus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Wow. Makes me think twice about the SM T 990.

Get a big posterboard, write "This dealership sells non operational bikes" (etc). and stand out on the sidewalk for a few hours. And give a call to your local paper and news station the day before. Guaranteed your problem will be fixed without having to deal with an attorney and $4k of fees.

Like most companies, I suspect their ears are in their wallets and they'll only listen when you hit 'em there. Scaring off new buyers and denying them revenue is a sure way to get what you want. Just make sure to check the brake lines for foul play when you get your bike back.
Chiasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:47 AM   #19
davidmild
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Worked For Me

[QUOTE=Chiasmus]
Get a big posterboard, write "This dealership sells non operational bikes" (etc). and stand out on the sidewalk for a few hours. And give a call to your local paper and news station the day before. Guaranteed your problem will be fixed without having to deal with an attorney and $4k of fees.
QUOTE]

Worked for me and my lemon of a 1998 Ford Longreach ute. Parked opposite the dealer with a big sign on the tray had them dealing with me within 2 hours, after the police left, after a previous 6 months of hassle and ignorance. Not nice but effective. Good luck.
2012 Husaberg TE300
davidmild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #20
japslap
Japslap

Oddometer: 139
Try it

id give that a go buddy,no one likes negative publicity and for sure any guys pulling up outside and hearing your story would for sure go elsewhere,we have a BMW dealer in this part of the UK who have had some serious negative publicity from the Gs forum and lots of potential buyers have gone to other dealers......and at least its the cheapest way to go first before you have to use a lawyer......
japslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #21
Adam990 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Thanks for all of the kinda words guys

Its now been 12 weeks as of today, and they phoned earlier in the week and they were supposed to have fixed the blinking snowflake icon by replacing the the whole dash, which KTM finally seems to have supplied after they sent a sensor, then told them to check the wiring, and now have finally sent a sensor......
I'm pretty speechless about how shitty the service has been between KTM and Cycleworks, it took them almost 8 weeks to say they had the stalling issue fixed for which they apparently replaced the fuel pump (after sending the bike back to me two weeks after I dropped it off there saying they cleared the codes and it should be fine
Now is been another 4 weeks to get the snowflake icon fixed :(
Normally I wouldn't bother with something like the ambient temp, but since its a brand new bike with 8300km on it I would kind of like to have it fixed before it runs out of warranty at the end of next year :(
makes me think I might have to purchase the extended warranty, or just get rid of the 09 for a '10 model

I'm really thinking of going the bad publicity way, but have a feeling that since things are so tight with everyone right now this could be a hard fight
Adam990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #22
North
Aimless Drifter

Oddometer: 127
I wish you all the best in getting your Bike fixed. I just don't get it with some dealers and manufactures.

I have an 08 530 that drove me nuts for the first 5 months. But now I really love the Bike. I made several calls to KTM and had to spend money to get it running right, when it was still under warranty. That's just not right.

Anyways, I would like to get a 990 for my next Bike, but it will not be until KTM steps up to the plate and sorts these EFI problems out.
North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #23
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,419
Quote:
Anyways, I would like to get a 990 for my next Bike, but it will not be until KTM steps up to the plate and sorts these EFI problems out.
You should get one, you'll have way more fun on the next DSBC ride, alot heavier to pick up though ;)

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #24
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by double_entendre
Got this from a Google search for lemon laws in Canada.

HTH.

Rancho
KTM is not a member of CAMVAP and is not bound by it. It is a voluntary program in Canada. Neither is BMW for that matter.

For my part, I will support you by not purchasing anything from Cycleworks in Calgary and I was thinking about a 690. Too bad, they seemed like nice people when I was in there last week.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron

Mr. Canoehead screwed with this post 12-01-2009 at 01:26 PM
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #25
Grizzler
Gas Passer For Hire

Oddometer: 89
So... I'm thinking about a Katoom to replace my mostly unreliable '08 GSA (or else take a spare EWS and spare battery every time I travel out of the city?). Little choice here in Edmonton for KTM support...

Anyway -- how has your bike been since you got it back? Did you trade for a 2010?

Happily ever after?

==Grizzler
Grizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
rean1mator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
you should look in to your lemon laws. i know cali if the bike is in the shop for more than 30 days than you can lemon law it.
rean1mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #27
rean1mator
Gnarly Adventurer

you should look in to your lemon laws. i know cali if the bike is in the shop for more than 30 days than you can lemon law it.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #28
rean1mator
Gnarly Adventurer

you should look in to your lemon laws. i know in cali if the bike is in the shop for more than 30 days than you can lemon law it.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #29
Taurkon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Really sorry to hear about your experience. It's so not cool when your new bike sits in a dealership that is suppose to be working on it for you.

I bought my 07' 990 Adventure from Cycleworks Calgary and will not do ANY business with them again. Stalling and sputtering issues, and I was charged quite steep (well, that only worked once, but they sure tried which is just as bad to me. $135 for a freaken spark plug change even though they were already there!!!) for a number of items that did not fix the problem, though it was on warranty. In the end after 3 visits, it ends up being the rear sparkplug boot continued to slip off the plug.

Also had my bike out of service for 3 weeks due to a fuel pump issue! WTF? Service at Cycleworks = poor!!! Friendly sales = NADA! Parts = MSRP (even after purchasing)

Bottom line, I am going to buy a 990R next year and have my current rides suspension modified so my wife can ride it. I am buying in Vernon, BC!!! Yup, 3 KTM dealers within an hour of my place, but I am going to buy, and service my new bike 6 HOURS away cause I have heard nothing but huge praise for Vernon Motorsports. That is all most of us want... good service with reasonable rates and a smile.

Now that my bike is off warantee, I do all the work on it. I'll be damned if I give 10 cents of business to Cycleworks.

Hope all works out for you and your bike. Hope our Cycleworks warnings carry weight with others. Word of mouth works both ways!

Taurk.
Taurkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #30
devildogg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurkon
Really sorry to hear about your experience. It's so not cool when your new bike sits in a dealership that is suppose to be working on it for you.

I bought my 07' 990 Adventure from Cycleworks Calgary and will not do ANY business with them again. Stalling and sputtering issues, and I was charged quite steep (well, that only worked once, but they sure tried which is just as bad to me. $135 for a freaken spark plug change even though they were already there!!!) for a number of items that did not fix the problem, though it was on warranty. In the end after 3 visits, it ends up being the rear sparkplug boot continued to slip off the plug.

Also had my bike out of service for 3 weeks due to a fuel pump issue! WTF? Service at Cycleworks = poor!!! Friendly sales = NADA! Parts = MSRP (even after purchasing)

Bottom line, I am going to buy a 990R next year and have my current rides suspension modified so my wife can ride it. I am buying in Vernon, BC!!! Yup, 3 KTM dealers within an hour of my place, but I am going to buy, and service my new bike 6 HOURS away cause I have heard nothing but huge praise for Vernon Motorsports. That is all most of us want... good service with reasonable rates and a smile.

Now that my bike is off warantee, I do all the work on it. I'll be damned if I give 10 cents of business to Cycleworks.

Hope all works out for you and your bike. Hope our Cycleworks warnings carry weight with others. Word of mouth works both ways!

Taurk.
HAHAH I bought at Vernon Motor Sports, 8 months for a tire on warranty and only after I went to the owner and complained about the service, don't kid yourself, heated grips how hard can it be? they installed them, went back the next day they weren't working they fixed them, promptly I have to say, stoped working again I fixed them at home and they have been good since. I was quoted a price, OTD but when I got there there was almost $500.00 charges on top of the OTD price but seeing as I travelled so far and did not have the quote in writing I bent over and took it like a man, but I wont buy there again. Any KTM I buy will be from Brooks Alberta and A&E

Just my $.02

devildogg is offline   Reply With Quote