|11-21-2009, 10:53 AM||#1|
Dirt tastes good!
Joined: May 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
CDR trip advise?
I plan on doing the CDR in July of next year work permitting. I would like to get some advise on a few questions.
1) KTM 690 Enduro R or a smaller dualsport?
2) Nort to south or south to north?
3) Packing lists?
4) Hard or soft panniers?
Any ifo from someone who has done the route would help. I am also collecting gpx file to map the best route.
|11-21-2009, 01:38 PM||#3|
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Central California
1) Doesn’t matter which dual sport you choose. Planning for gas determines how you set up your choice. There are a couple of spots where you need to go more than two hundred miles between gas stops.
2) Doesn’t matter, I chose South to North because the South start is closer to home. I hauled my bike to the start and planned to return to get my van.
3) Dr. Rock has a very good checklist included in his Mobius threads. Camping or moteling it radically changes what you carry.
4) I don’t think it matters. I chose Dirt Bagz because of cost
|11-22-2009, 04:54 AM||#4|
Joined: Nov 2008
1. For me it was the smaller the better http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=solo+loving
2. I like N to S but I don't think it really matters all that much.
3. Light for me.
4. None for me--I pack very light.
5. Bigdog's .gpx is the one I used--use search it will show up in a lot of threads.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|