ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
5 speed OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando Florida
Oddometer: 950
anyone know anything about an 01 660 Rallye?

Found one for sale near me, twin low swept exhaust, I can see the number plate tanks in the pic, full fairing, looks like its got the roll book holder.

Is this motor any good or is it a paint shaker like the LC4? already been there and done that. Its got a tag on it. Would use it for some sand riding and a 150mile round trip to my riding area.

Any idea how much it weighs, hp output?

What do you think its worth?
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:19 AM   #2
dwdantzler
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Oddometer: 26
Saw that one, too and wondered some of the same things. Also wondering what the parts availability is for that in the states.
dwdantzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
SRG
SRG
 
SRG's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Oddometer: 1,326
It is an LC4, but a race version. If anything, it will likely vibrate more than the standard one. They vibes vary some between bikes, as do riders tolerance for them, so the only way to be sure is to ride it. Being a race bike there are allot of unique parts that may be hard to find and/or expensive should you need them. Unless you are well versed in these bikes and can verify the condition of the bike in question - understanding exactly what you are getting into - it's not for you. Value could be quite high ($6k + ?) depending on history and condition or half that for a parts bike.
SRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #4
5 speed OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando Florida
Oddometer: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
It is an LC4, but a race version. If anything, it will likely vibrate more than the standard one. They vibes vary some between bikes, as do riders tolerance for them, so the only way to be sure is to ride it. Being a race bike there are allot of unique parts that may be hard to find and/or expensive should you need them. Unless you are well versed in these bikes and can verify the condition of the bike in question - understanding exactly what you are getting into - it's not for you. Value could be quite high ($6k + ?) depending on history and condition or half that for a parts bike.
It looks good, havent spoken to the owner but if its an LC4 based motor I will pass. He is asking 6,400 or so.
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #5
SRG
SRG
 
SRG's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Oddometer: 1,326
I just saw the pics/ad. It's probably worth what he's asking if it's in really good shape. Not a bike for the casual owner. Would be great for a passionate, knowledgeable KTM Dakar enthusiast.
SRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
5 speed OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando Florida
Oddometer: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
I just saw the pics/ad. It's probably worth what he's asking if it's in really good shape. Not a bike for the casual owner. Would be great for a passionate, knowledgeable KTM Dakar enthusiast.
Well I am passionate about KTMs and the true rally racers. But scarce parts and the fact I would have to sacrifice a current bike, doesnt seem likely
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
davesupreme
grand poobah
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: palm harbor, fla
Oddometer: 1,743
cool bike! .... lotta $$$$ tho..... great project....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #8
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome
 
tHEtREV's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Middle Park, Brisbane, Australia
Oddometer: 7,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 speed View Post
Well I am passionate about KTMs and the true rally racers.
And yet you had to ask some very basic questions about one of KTMs more prolific Rallye bikes?

Basically if you have to ask questions like that about any production Rallye bike then they are not for you.
__________________
tEAM iDIOT.

A KDX is way cooler than what ever you ride...
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:14 PM   #9
2 SPOT
wannabe
 
2 SPOT's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: valley of the sunstroke, AZ
Oddometer: 3,361
^^ LOL, but true.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015