User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #166
jimenoma
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi:

I´m Marco from Spain. i´m transforming my R100R in a cafe-racer.
Here you can see the proccess:
http://www.bmwmotos.com/cgi-bin/yabb...m=1240528137/0

Some photos:

I have the same problem, how to connect the Koso speedmeter (trhree wires) to a Acewell sensor (two wires).

The Acewell sensor:

Have anybody connect the Acewell sensor to a koso speedmeter??. Y have read the post, but yhave not seen the exact connection betweem the two devices.

Thanks from Spain.
MarcoA.
jimenoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #167
bpeckm OP
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,649
Ooooh... nice looking instruments!

Did you make the bracket? Very nice!

Regarding the two wire/three wire, I would try emailing Craig at Acewell UK ( he has posted above in this thread) and ask, as well as the technical support for Koso.

bpeckm screwed with this post 04-01-2011 at 10:07 AM
bpeckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #168
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,364
Lindo trabajito se ha hechado !
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:23 AM   #169
jimenoma
n00b

Thanks bpeckm & polloasado:
I will send a email to acewell uk, but today is weekend and i want to install the sensor today or tomorrow.
The panel is a 2 mm. steel laser cut with the pattern as i sent in AutoCad format to a company in Madrid
I have seen that for example DimitriG has installed a koso intstruments (similar as mine) with the sensor Acewell ¿How do you connet between the 2 and 3 wires?
More photos:

The four indicators are Harley Daviddson accesory that i bought in Madrid, and are connecterd directly (without resistors) and the battery and another circuits run properly.

MarcoA.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #170
jimenoma
n00b

HI:

Anybody know how to connect a Acewell sensor (2 wires) to a Koso speedmeter(3 wires)? Is is possibol?

I have send the question to Acewell and Koso, and they have said (Koso) that it is not possiblo, and ihave not have reply from Acewell.

Thanks very much,

MarcoA.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #171
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,336
Didn't read all 12 pages but I was wondering if anyone knew if the BMW pick up sensor would work with the Trail Tech Vapor?
http://trailtech.net/computers.html
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
bmweuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #172
AndyR65
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Turns out the ACE-11 speedo sensor I ordered from the UK is not compatible w/ my Motogadgets Tiny.

The Motogadgets Tiny requires a Reed sensor.

I figured this out just after ordering. It's a nice quality unit, I'm bummed I can't use it.

If anyone's interested in buying this unused sensor for $24 post paid in the US, send me an email.

AndyR65 screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 10:53 PM
AndyR65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #173
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR65 View Post
Turns out the ACE-11 speedo sensor I ordered from the UK is not compatible w/ my Motogadgets Tiny.

I figured this out just after ordering. It's a nice quality unit, I'm bummed I can't use it.

If anyone's interested in buying this unused sensor send me an email.
If it will work with my Trailtech I'll take it.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #174
AndyR65
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmweuro View Post
If it will work with my Trailtech I'll take it.
Not sure if it will work. You should contact Trailtech and ask. Don't make the same mistake as me, ordering late night and looking at my manual a few days later.
AndyR65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #175
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not sure if it will work. You should contact Trailtech and ask. Don't make the same mistake as me, ordering late night and looking at my manual a few days later.
I just emailed Trail Tech. In my searching for more inf I found a place in Florida that offers the speedo sensor for 19.95.
Crazy
Old 04-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #176
bpeckm OP
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,649
While installing the Acewell, I figured I would clean up the inside of my bucket... it had some "extra-long" wires with a bootload of crimp connectors, so I pulled it all out and re-routed, and it came out pretty nicely....

....but I DID manage to eff up my clutch bypass switch, so I will have to order a new one... those suckers are quite delicate in how the wires attach to the switch itself, and my old wires were stiff and in all the twisting and fidgeting managed to snap off one of the TINY spade lugs on the switch itself... aaargh...

Will have to wait til another day to get a "glamour" shot of the whole Acewell installation.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #177
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmweuro View Post
Didn't read all 12 pages but I was wondering if anyone knew if the BMW pick up sensor would work with the Trail Tech Vapor?
http://trailtech.net/computers.html
Quote:

If anyone's interested in buying this unused sensor for $24 post paid in the US, send me an email.
Turns out that the Trail tech units are all reed type sensors as well. So the Acewell BMW sensor only works with the Acewell units. Bummer!!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #178
mork
Hacking and welding

Oddometer: 64
A note about the Acewell 2853: Obviously now that they don't import the 2802/3, the 2853 is what I went with. I re-oriented the circuitry and do-dads in the pod itself so I could mount it off-center:

And it is definitely not a "pry off" case. It is threaded - I will have to clean up the nicks now, but that's a small price to pay. I must say that it is nice and sealed in there as well. (I made sure to add some extra sealant when I put it together)

Also for my bike ('78 R80) the wiring diagram is wrong on here. Pin 12 from the square rubber connector is definitely common ground and not a green/black switched power. The other wires seemed right though. Good thing I tested them.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #179
alister102
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeckm View Post
While installing the Acewell, I figured I would clean up the inside of my bucket... it had some "extra-long" wires with a bootload of crimp connectors, so I pulled it all out and re-routed, and it came out pretty nicely....

....but I DID manage to eff up my clutch bypass switch, so I will have to order a new one... those suckers are quite delicate in how the wires attach to the switch itself, and my old wires were stiff and in all the twisting and fidgeting managed to snap off one of the TINY spade lugs on the switch itself... aaargh...

Will have to wait til another day to get a "glamour" shot of the whole Acewell installation.

Gotta say that looks really clean- now you're going to make me go down stairs and pull everything apart...
alister102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #180
alister102
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
"A note about the Acewell 2853: Obviously now that they don't import the 2802/3, the 2853 is what I went with. I re-oriented the circuitry and do-dads in the pod itself so I could mount it off-center:"

curious- I'm not sure what you mean by this- I'm considering getting the 2853 as well. what are the differences and why did you need to get inside?

looks great!
alister102 is offline   Reply With Quote