Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #436
Brun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatknox View Post
Gasp! Where can I get a knockoff headlight bucket like this?!
It is a spare for the CJ750 (Chinese Ural copy). $60 plus postage. See here -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CJ750-Hea...item3a7c3636fa

The chrome is particularly crappy. The whole thing is pretty crappy. I recently bogged up the holes and painted mine with matte black epoxy enamel and it came up pretty good. I have also fitted separate idiot lights, since I couldn't see the LEDs in the Acewell on sunny days. The hole for the speedo is ~ 85mm diam.

The bakelite knob is from an old gas stove - I epoxied the key into it, but it has since broken, so I am back to an ordinary key. The ignition switch that comes with the bucket is a car type one with a spring loaded starter. I like it.

O, and unless you can find some /5 ears to suit the longer bucket, you will have to fabricate something. I made these ears out of stainless.

Brun screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 04:05 PM
Brun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #437
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prmurat View Post
I have the same charging light problem on my Laverda 750SF2 and Acewell. I've decided to hide the charging light incandescent 3W minimum by the Bosh reg and wire the Acewell LED in parallel and just to overkill put one of this multicolored LED voltmeter in the headlight...
I used my 3w park lite in my headlite as the charging lite. it isn't used for anything else & you can still see if it's working albeit by standing on the pegs & balancing over the bars - bit of fun t the traffic ltes
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #438
craydds
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
Ok so I'm still having issues with the speedo showing speed. I grounded the white wire coming from the speed sensor do I ground the side going to the acewell as well? should both sides of the spliced wire be grounded ( meaning both the acewell side and the speed sensor side)?

Also When you say "signal divider" do you mean SPC-1.0 ? I have mine set to SPC-0.5
Tete, I did not get a chance to look at my bike or schematics, but I think you can try to connect the white wire from the sensor to the blue(?) wire to the Ace - not sure about you Ace model - and test. Then connect them both to ground and test.
The signal divider (P-001 on my Ace) should be set to 1 (one), i.e. 1 turn of the speed sensor per 1480* mm of tire circumference (*my number for circumference per 1 rotation of the speed sensor). Your tire number may be different, based on final drive ratios, tire brands/size, etc. Sounds like your your Ace instructions (settings menu) uses "SPC" instead of "P". Tell me you Ace model again and I will download the instructions - maybe I can be more helpful.
ABC #12947
'75 R90S
craydds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #439
tete
clown shoes

Oddometer: 348
Mine is the 2853 model. With S-11 sensor
Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #440
some_guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
does anyone have the speed sensor installed and set up right? i cant seem to get the speed right. suggestions on how to calculate the value correctly?
some_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #441
Dave-d
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I have an R90 with the S-11 sensor with the 34/11 rear gears and I found that 1480 worked out within about 3 mph over my GPS at 65mph.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_guy View Post
does anyone have the speed sensor installed and set up right? i cant seem to get the speed right. suggestions on how to calculate the value correctly?
Dave-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #442
some_guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-d View Post
I have an R90 with the S-11 sensor with the 34/11 rear gears and I found that 1480 worked out within about 3 mph over my GPS at 65mph.

Dave
Thanks. I had 2001 in there. somehow thats what i came up with. was about twice my actual speed judging by traffic. so i halved it. seemed to be about 15 under then. howd you come up 1480?

edit:33/11 final drive on mine so its probably different. defiantly gets me closer though.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #443
Dave-d
Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks. I had 2001 in there. somehow thats what i came up with. was about twice my actual speed judging by traffic. so i halved it. seemed to be about 15 under then. howd you come up 1480?

edit:33/11 final drive on mine so its probably different. defiantly gets me closer though.

Fair warning, I am a geek....I took the formula from Snowbum's page, figured out what the speed would be equal to at 3500 RPM, and then checked where the speedo read from there. After making adjustments until it was a couple mph high, my wife suggested that I toss a GPS in my tank bag and check my work......she is the smart one in this marriage, I guess......If my math holds up, you would be about 2 mph lower than mine.

Dave
Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #444
some_guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Fair warning, I am a geek....I took the formula from Snowbum's page, figured out what the speed would be equal to at 3500 RPM, and then checked where the speedo read from there. After making adjustments until it was a couple mph high, my wife suggested that I toss a GPS in my tank bag and check my work......she is the smart one in this marriage, I guess......If my math holds up, you would be about 2 mph lower than mine.

Dave
i didnt know he had a page on the subject..,will be looking for that. Thanks again!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #445
Dave-d
Adventurer

Quote:
i didnt know he had a page on the subject..,will be looking for that. Thanks again!

Here is the link..

http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/ringgears.htm

Dave
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #446
some_guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
If i'm understanding that right, and my initial measurement of 2001mm was right, my setting should be 1382. I'll try that out tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #447
yellowbirdrs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brun View Post
It is a spare for the CJ750 (Chinese Ural copy). $60 plus postage. See here -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CJ750-Hea...item3a7c3636fa

The chrome is particularly crappy. The whole thing is pretty crappy. I recently bogged up the holes and painted mine with matte black epoxy enamel and it came up pretty good. I have also fitted separate idiot lights, since I couldn't see the LEDs in the Acewell on sunny days. The hole for the speedo is ~ 85mm diam.

The bakelite knob is from an old gas stove - I epoxied the key into it, but it has since broken, so I am back to an ordinary key. The ignition switch that comes with the bucket is a car type one with a spring loaded starter. I like it.

O, and unless you can find some /5 ears to suit the longer bucket, you will have to fabricate something. I made these ears out of stainless.
Did my headlight eras as well. Also install a tachometer in the bucket hole not an Acwell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
yellowbirdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #448
tete
clown shoes

Anyone care to share with me how they wired the s-11 sensor?

This would be a HUGE help to me. Also is everyone simply using high temp grease in the tachometer cable hole in the front of the engine?

Thanks

T
Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #449
some_guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
Anyone care to share with me how they wired the s-11 sensor?

This would be a HUGE help to me. Also is everyone simply using high temp grease in the tachometer cable hole in the front of the engine?

Thanks

T
there was no wiring for me. the connector on the sensor plugged into the connector on the speedo.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #450
tete
clown shoes

I tried that and got no signal. Hmmmmmm .....