Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #46
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish
That section you rode over to Oark, is actually part of the TAT.
How was the road crossing the Buffalo up by Whittaker Point? FSR 1410, I think it is. Some of the guys have 4x4'd it.

Glad you made it home safe.
Like to hear how you liked the F800GS when the going got rough too.

I'll be back online around 10pm tonight. Dothan Al at the moment heading to Tampa.
Woot! I did some of the TAT and I didn't even know it. The previous owner of my bike did more of the TAT than I have and has gone to higher elevation than I have (by 4k feet ) so I am looking to best his stats some day and completely claim this bike as my own! (I love you F8gs!!)

Oh yeah... FSR 1410 and the crossing.... I chickened out but for a good reason (kinda) lol you will see the ride report. Mainly... if I knew what was on the other side I would have done it but I am pretty cautious when I am solo (maybe I should take more risks, I did have enough gear on my to survive for a few days and hike out, would make it more interesting).

I am happy about the trip and I know there is a lot of stuff my friend and I can tackle when he gets his bike in order. He has a 640 adventure and likes the "challenging stuff". I don't think I did anything challenging enough this trip to satisfy him but I sure saw some promising tracks I didn't take so we shall do those next time when I am not solo!
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #47
wswartzwel
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 1,037
Glad you had a good time! I hope Zecatfishes routes helped you enjoy the area.. I give him hell because he is always making them up when he is a million miles away in his truck.... :) But he knows his way around a GPS..

Terry, The F800GS I test rode did great off road... After power sliding around curves on gravel (something the 800 does very well), I found a power line with no fences.. and the suspension ate up the rough ground on the trail I was blazing up a hill near Potosi Missouri.. If I had the $$$ I would buy one.

2006 BMW R1200GS
2010 KTM 690 ENDURO R
1969 BSA STARFIRE
wswartzwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #48
wswartzwel
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 1,037
Be sure to let us know when your ride report is up!

2006 BMW R1200GS
2010 KTM 690 ENDURO R
1969 BSA STARFIRE
wswartzwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #49
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,714
Thanks WS for the tip on the lunch! It was awesome! I have just started my ride report and hopefully I can get it done tonight, no procrastinating!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post11502724
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #50
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by wswartzwel
Glad you had a good time! I hope Zecatfishes routes helped you enjoy the area.. I give him hell because he is always making them up when he is a million miles away in his truck.... :) But he knows his way around a GPS..

Terry, The F800GS I test rode did great off road... After power sliding around curves on gravel (something the 800 does very well), I found a power line with no fences.. and the suspension ate up the rough ground on the trail I was blazing up a hill near Potosi Missouri.. If I had the $$$ I would buy one.
Thanks for the opinion in the GS, $11k for a bike though, the wife would be upset. maybe middle next year, I'll have the trucks paid off I can con her into it. Should be easy then, it would be the only bill we would have.
Looks like what the KLR should've been, 80Hp, 440lb wet, nice suspension, do it all except single track, and I like that its chain drive. I'm not a fan of shaft drives for the most part.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote