ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #1036
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,255
Mississippi women are u-g-l-y - easier to overcome an addiction there.
__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #1037
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7
Mississippi women are u-g-l-y - easier to overcome an addiction there.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #1038
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,280
March will be here before you know it. I sure hope he gets his driver figured out.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #1039
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy
March will be here before you know it. I sure hope he gets his driver figured out.
Sshhhh..he's working on his short game now.
__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #1040
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,280
I think I'll go hit on a Pancake House waitress while that cockblocker is busy.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #1041
Jurgen
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 38,866
This just in: Ken going to Missisippi to be Tiger's roomie... And to report in here.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #1042
Bert
Fair / Balanced
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Waterworld
Oddometer: 56,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
This just in: Ken going to Missisippi to be Tiger's roomie... And to report in here.
Here's his first report:

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #1043
yater
Beastly Adventurer
 
yater's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Texas
Oddometer: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7
Sshhhh..he's working on his game now.
fixt
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #1044
Dr. Horrible
easy to make
 
Dr. Horrible's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Hamilton, MA
Oddometer: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7
Mississippi women are u-g-l-y - easier to overcome an addiction there.
Exactly how does one overcome "sex addiction", by the way? Drug, alcohol, and nicotine dependents must forswear the objects of their desire for life in order to successfully conquer their demons. Is it the same for so-called sex addicts? If so, I would continue to keep using despite the potential consequences.
Dr. Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #1045
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Horrible
Exactly how does one overcome "sex addiction", by the way? Drug, alcohol, and nicotine dependents must forswear the objects of their desire for life in order to successfully conquer their demons. Is it the same for so-called sex addicts? If so, I would continue to keep using despite the potential consequences.


Dunno. You're the Dr.

What's the old saying - addicts only swap one addiction for another one? If he were single, I not certain that anyone would really care other than the usual tabloid papers.
__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #1046
Daniii
Banned
 
Daniii's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Plano Tx
Oddometer: 22,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7
Dunno. You're the Dr.

What's the old saying - addicts only swap one addiction for another one? If he were single, I not certain that anyone would really care other than the usual tabloid papers.
He'll be single soon enough.


Problem solved.
Daniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #1047
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Horrible
Exactly how does one overcome "sex addiction", by the way? Drug, alcohol, and nicotine dependents must forswear the objects of their desire for life in order to successfully conquer their demons. Is it the same for so-called sex addicts? If so, I would continue to keep using despite the potential consequences.
People have food addictions, too.

I think the point is that the addiction isn't about sex or food, it's about satisfying a psychological need that manifests itself in aberrant behavior. Like stress can cause a backache or a rash, for example.

I would imagine the treatment involves a combination of behavioral and psychiatric treatment.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #1048
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,261
I think the single biggest disconnect in this thread is that a good portion of the people who have posted -- maybe even the majority -- don't think there's anything aberrant or pathological in Woods' behavior. They think lots of men would do the same if they had the money and the resources.

And there's no convincing them that they're wrong.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #1049
BCC
I know better
 
BCC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Southern NJ
Oddometer: 7,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
I think the single biggest disconnect in this thread is that a good portion of the people who have posted -- maybe even the majority -- don't think there's anything aberrant or pathological in Woods' behavior. They think lots of men would do the same if they had the money and the resources.

And there's no convincing them that they're wrong.
I know I wouldn't do the same thing as Woods at all, but I don't think there is anything pathological in his behaviour. I think many extremely successful, high profile guys have done this for generations, if not forever. Look at the tales of affairs of movie stars in the previous generation. Few thought poorly of them. Hell, when I was starting out in business in the mid 70's, the stories guys would tell about expense account whoring around in the 50's & 60's was amazing. And they'd go home to their wives and families and it was no biggie. Presumably as long as the wife didn't find out.

It makes no difference to me who Woods bangs as long as she isn't family or friend. I never cared about Clinton's affairs either. Why should it? None of my business.
__________________
Living the fullest life means leaving a history of goodness behind you for others to remember.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #1050
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC
I know I wouldn't do the same thing as Woods at all, but I don't think there is anything pathological in his behaviour. I think many extremely successful, high profile guys have done this for generations, if not forever. Look at the tales of affairs of movie stars in the previous generation. Few thought poorly of them. Hell, when I was starting out in business in the mid 70's, the stories guys would tell about expense account whoring around in the 50's & 60's was amazing. And they'd go home to their wives and families and it was no biggie. Presumably as long as the wife didn't find out.

It makes no difference to me who Woods bangs as long as she isn't family or friend. I never cared about Clinton's affairs either. Why should it? None of my business.
One of the things that make's Tiger deal so sick is that he had a woman acting as his pimp, setting him up with chickies around the world. (Her trip to Australia with him is what started this whole deal in the National Enquirer.)

That's way beyond standard celebrity adultery.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014