Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #106
redxblack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
I searched and searched and then asked. Then I searched again and found the answer to my question. Looks like I'll buy the less colorful, slightly more mileage, slightly more expensive option because buying a new shock and new fork tubes, side stand and center stand just seems like more than $700 savings (and you can't ride a color).

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=32
redxblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #107
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by redxblack View Post
I searched and searched and then asked. Then I searched again and found the answer to my question. Looks like I'll buy the less colorful, slightly more mileage, slightly more expensive option because buying a new shock and new fork tubes, side stand and center stand just seems like more than $700 savings (and you can't ride a color).

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=32

You're confusing me.

That thread you posted refers to raising a 650 to 800 height, not a lowered 650 to a regular 650 height. I thought the lowered 650 just had the fork tubes repositioned higher in the triples and had a different rear shock. No centre stand and a shortened side stand.

Well, you can raise the front to normal height for free. As for the rear shock, I wonder if the overall eye to eye length is the same as a regular but with a shorter spring? I have the stock, regular height springs available, just sitting in the garage. The side stand can be lengthened and a regulat centre stand installed. Used ones do surface.

Alternately, there is always someone trying to convert their bike up or down in the flea market.

Color is important to some. If you're going to get a bike you may as well like it.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #108
OmenF1
wannabe explorer

Oddometer: 69
do you like apples ?

How do you like them apples..? :

I have lost about 40 pounds the last year.
I came across an F800GS in whilst on a weekend in Eiffel region Germany, which had a BMW low seat. - The one that did not fit me a year ago. Hence my post earlier in this topic.

The guy asked me to try and sit on it, which I did.
And it worked - The low seat from Top Selleries ( which I thought was lower dan BMW low seat) was NOT lower, confirmed height by that company : 850mm = the BMW low seat.

By losing the 40 pounds, quite some fat has dissappeared from my rear end it seems, which puts my croutch lower on the bike!!

So I am fully dedicated looking for that 2nd hand 800 GS now !!

Top tip ( if applicable) : loose some extra pounds in the ass section

BR / Omen
OmenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote