User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
BushwickKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,580
any Jacksonville area residents?

What can you tell me about the Panama Park area? Im looking to relocate to the Jacksonville area but dont know much about its neighborhoods... thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 5,042
http://spotcrime.com/fl/jacksonville/panama+park

Not the greatest area of town. But i'm sure that statement will offend someone. We have crime all over the city.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except your head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Patriot4570
Trail Blaster

Oddometer: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR View Post
What can you tell me about the Panama Park area? Im looking to relocate to the Jacksonville area but dont know much about its neighborhoods... thanks in advance for any advice offered.
I live on the southside of Jacksonville about 28 years in my current home. No major crimes have happened in my hood.There are parts of jax. that have a lot of crime its like anywhere else you just have to be careful and watch out.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
mr_guns
Look Mom no hands!

Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
http://spotcrime.com/fl/jacksonville/panama+park

We have crime all over the city.
Especially in your area Since you move there!
08 Piaggio MP3
mr_guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
PFSGATORS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Wouldn't be one of my choices. I would look to Mandarin, Arlington or even some of the new neighborhoods in Oceanway. And, there is always the beaches.
PFSGATORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #6
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 4,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSGATORS View Post
Wouldn't be one of my choices. I would look to Mandarin, Arlington or even some of the new neighborhoods in Oceanway. And, there is always the beaches.
I'd steer clear of Arlington. It was once a nice part of town, but has been going downhill with crime increasing for several years. Mandarin is still okay, that is as long as you don't mind taking twenty minutes to go three miles. Traffic is a real nightmare. Everything is pushing south into NW St. Johns county. The Jonesiness is off the chart, but it's nice.
'07 R12GSA (Moose), '97 KTM 400 R/XCe, '90 RM250, IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
PFSGATORS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzband View Post
I'd steer clear of Arlington. It was once a nice part of town, but has been going downhill with crime increasing for several years. Mandarin is still okay, that is as long as you don't mind taking twenty minutes to go three miles. Traffic is a real nightmare. Everything is pushing south into NW St. Johns county. The Jonesiness is off the chart, but it's nice.

LOL- I live in Arlington, there is nothing wrong with it. To be more specific, Old Arlington, near the JU campus, has become higher crime. East Arlington is fine. Hidden Hills area, Ft Caroline area, is fine. The Arlington/SS area such as near Kona Skate park is bad. I live in the Ft Caroline/ Monument Road area and it is fantastic.
PFSGATORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 4,305
Quote:
LOL- I live in Arlington, there is nothing wrong with it. To be more specific, Old Arlington, near the JU campus, has become higher crime. East Arlington is fine. Hidden Hills area, Ft Caroline area, is fine. The Arlington/SS area such as near Kona Skate park is bad. I live in the Ft Caroline/ Monument Road area and it is fantastic.
I stand dissected.
'07 R12GSA (Moose), '97 KTM 400 R/XCe, '90 RM250, IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #9
BushwickKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Seems like I have alot more work to do before making a decision. Thanks for the comments and keep them coming, they are very useful for me. Once I find a place and settle in I will invite you all over for a Beer or two.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #10
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Except for the shooting in the Publix parking lot by Cobblestone. With that being said, I live in the Cobblestone area and love the area. Also I was asleep during the shooting.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except your head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Seems like I have alot more work to do before making a decision. Thanks for the comments and keep them coming, they are very useful for me. Once I find a place and settle in I will invite you all over for a Beer or two.
What area will you be working? Your commute should be factored in.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
MooMoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Northside / Oceanway

I live on the Northside and it has grown quite a lot over tha last few years in population, retail stores and places to eat. Even Yulee, just north of Jacksonville, is up and coming if you like the small town vibe.
MooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #13
Patriot4570
Trail Blaster

Oddometer: 2,774
Quote:
+1 Where I live I am close to Philips Highway,J Turner Butler Blvd and I -95 at Bowden road interchange.And my work is less than 2 miles away.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
BushwickKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Commute cant be worse than anywhere here in NYC but right now im talking to a paint supplier to see if he can help me get a foot in somewhere. I have been a painter at a collision shop here for the past decade and i dont mind doing something else but painting cars and riding motorcycles is all i really know. So work is still up in the air.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Commute cant be worse than anywhere here in NYC but right now im talking to a paint supplier to see if he can help me get a foot in somewhere. I have been a painter at a collision shop here for the past decade and i dont mind doing something else but painting cars and riding motorcycles is all i really know. So work is still up in the air.
I work for a collision center. Let me know if you need any help or a yes or no to a potential shop.