Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #631
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Hey Alex,

Posting PMs will get you banned, might want to clean that up.
I didn't know that. I got a message from Eloy to about it. Looks like someone took it down for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
DualSportDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #632
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
I didn't know that. I got a message from Eloy to about it. Looks like someone took it down for me.
we have such nice mods keeping our flock here in flatistan, you didn't even receive the standard infraction pm?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #633
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
we have such nice mods keeping our flock here in flatistan, you didn't even receive the standard infraction pm?
Nope, but thanks top Eloy and John now I know better. Now I just have to remember that rule.... Not like I go around posting PM's anyways so I'm sure I'll have no problem in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #634
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,707
Dude wants to sell the bike that way, let him sell it that way. Sketchy, maybe, but goes back to the old adage "buyer beware."

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #635
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
Nope
they must like you, I got an infraction notice from a post I made like 3 years ago

once the mod realized this, they sent another that said nvm, but it was funny
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #636
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Dude wants to sell the bike that way, let him sell it that way. Sketchy, maybe, but goes back to the old adage "buyer beware."
that wasn't my problem. my problem with him.... my problem was that when he listed the bike for sale a year or so ago in the flea market/Bikes section he listed it as a "street legal xr650r" and he wasking in the $3,000 range (i don't remember the exact price). fine price for a tagged xrr. then i asked in his thread if the title for the bike was for a MC and street legal or if it was "off road". he replied with something along the lines of.... the bike is tagged in Georgia street legal and i'll throw in a frame and a title for a xrl. you can image what happened after that with all interested buyers coming fourth and really starting to ask question. he at one point admitted the bike had the plates from the XRL frame on the XRR. then another person that was close to him asked if they would have any problem tagging the bike in alabama or Tenn. which he replied it would be no problem.

i didn't want to see anyone get hosed and pay $3,000 for a non taggable bike.

now at $1500 for a dirt only XRR..... if i thought even for a second the seller was a stand up guy i'd be worth buying and waiting for a part out of a tagged XRR and buying the frame.

Quote:
they must like you, I got an infraction notice from a post I made like 3 years ago

once the mod realized this, they sent another that said nvm, but it was funny
i had a bike for sale a long time ago and i had a link to it in my sig.... i guess at the time that was not allowed. at some point someone started deleting that portion of my sig and never made mention of it to me. i didn't know what the hell was going on so i just kept putting the link back in my sig. this went on for at least a week.... at some point i got a nasty gram from a mod... i laughed cause i could only imagine how pissed he was....ahaha.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #637
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,923
I remember that ad in the FM, and seem to think I was involved in calling him out on it because I was looking to buy it at the time, but I can't haul a bare fram to the DMV to verify the VIN and pick up a tag
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #638
playinatwork
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Looking to trade

I hope I am not out of line here with this post because I want to trade and not sell my bike.
I have a 2001 Triumph Sprint ST with 33,000 on the clock. She is British Racing Green with hard bags and luggage rack. She has a Triumph gel saddle and Genmar bar risers. Chain and sprockets are 600 miles old and I am mounting a new PR3 on the front this weekend and new brake pads on the rear. Front brake pads are 2k ago along with front and rear brake fluid. Bike has never been down but has a few scratches on the bodywork; nothing that can be seen from 5 feet away though. I have a Garmin 176C wired in that will go with the bike. Let me know an email and I will send you some pics. I can't figure out how to put them on here. She's spent her life in the garage at home or in the warehouse at the office when driven to work.

Now the good part, what I want. I want something that is a little more tour and a little less sport. I am looking for a BMW 1100R or RS I think. Something that is less cramped for my legs and has a more upright riding position. Maybe a Honda ST1100 or similar. I like my Sprint but my knees are having a hard time after much time in the saddle. I am not interested in a dual sport bike as this will be used for roads only. Let me know what you have.
playinatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #639
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
I remember that ad in the FM, and seem to think I was involved in calling him out on it because I was looking to buy it at the time, but I can't haul a bare fram to the DMV to verify the VIN and pick up a tag
I knew someone from flatistan was on that old thread. For the price he is asking now it seems like a fair deal for a noon tagged bike.. Might have to wait a year or so for a tagged frame top pop up if you want to plate it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #640
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,178
Selling my SV650

Craigslist ad here:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/mcy/3483148106.html

More info here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824291

and here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=205

Flexible on the price. Nothing wrong with it, and I'll probably regret selling. Just need to make room in the garage and the bank account for a Tiger 800...

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #641
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Damn... I was hoping to avoid the DMV this year... Mayans let me down too
Quote:
My bad
Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #642
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Damn... I was hoping to avoid the DMV this year... Mayans let me down too

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #643
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
A friend of mine has a really nice 2002 XR 100... Runs great, looks great. In Ft. Lauderdale, but we travel quite a bit and can possibly meet. Title in hand

This is my friend Carlos' bike and he wants me to drop the price to $700.00 so he can return from Porto Rico.... Title in hand, runs great
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #644
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 802
been watching craigslist like a hawk for the past 2 months. looking to throw down about 1000$ or less for a dual sport. problem is, people on Craigslist think their 600$ clapped out bikes are worth 2 or 3 grand. anybody out there that can help me out? know a guy? etc. looking for something like a DR350 or XT, XL, or maybe even a KLX650C. i aint too picky. i'm recovering from a crash and its not much longer before i get cleared from the docs to work again and ill need transportation.
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #645
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
been watching craigslist like a hawk for the past 2 months. looking to throw down about 1000$ or less for a dual sport. problem is, people on Craigslist think their 600$ clapped out bikes are worth 2 or 3 grand. anybody out there that can help me out? know a guy? etc. looking for something like a DR350 or XT, XL, or maybe even a KLX650C. i aint too picky. i'm recovering from a crash and its not much longer before i get cleared from the docs to work again and ill need transportation.
PM RTWdoug. He just picked up a project KLX650

OR PM Pete about that KTM400. LC4 400 would be a sweet ride
Quote:
My bad