ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Oddometer: 4,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
DO EEET Its amphibious.
Yessir. I gots proof:

Motomike, ya won't find a more well-set-up KLR for less than BigSingle's price

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #782
fatalerror
skrik vir niks

Oddometer: 834
2001 YZF 250 barely ridden. Well at least lately. Which is why I want to get rid of it. I don't want to have to pay $150 again to have the carb serviced just so I can go ride it again for a few hours and then let it stand for another 6 months. And then have the carb serviced again blah blah blah.

I comes with a non stock loud exhaust thingy and another one which is probably louder because the hole is bigger. And a big tank. Sorta see- through. And brand spanky new white plastics. and the old tank. and some other shit.

It looks mostly like this. Except it is white. [mainly due to the new plastics]

I think I'm ok with asking $1000 for it. I could ask $1200 if you want me to and then come down to $1000, to make you feel better if you want.

The bike is in Punta Gorda, FL. It will need the carb serviced. [I think I explained that already but just in case you missed that]

PM me or post here and I will occasionally check. Like mostly daily.

Ray

It looks mostly like this. Except it is white. [mainly due to the new plastics] I can take new pics if you want as well...

fatalerror screwed with this post 04-12-2013 at 06:30 AM Reason: not a 2000 - a 2001
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #783
BigSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
Did you pass your test?
Hope so I got a msg to call them today.

Our country was founded by radicals with guns. The day that ideal dies our country dies with it.
BigSingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #784
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,582
Good luck then you could keep it.
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Never underestimate the cheapness of a KLRista. We're like the Jedi Knights of frugality. Or something like that.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #785
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

Oddometer: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalerror View Post
2000 YZF 250 barely ridden.
I think I'm ok with asking $1000 for it. I could ask $1200 if you want me to and then come down to $1000, to make you feel better if you want.
I am curious - I thought the YZ250Fs came out in 2001?

I raced a 2001, then a 2003 and finally a 2006 in the SERA enduro circuit. Awesome bikes. Dont race anymore but I miss that scoot.

Good luck.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #786
fatalerror
skrik vir niks

You must be right! I will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I am curious - I thought the YZ250Fs came out in 2001?

I raced a 2001, then a 2003 and finally a 2006 in the SERA enduro circuit. Awesome bikes. Dont race anymore but I miss that scoot.

Good luck.
most recent pics

fatalerror screwed with this post 04-12-2013 at 03:05 PM
Old 04-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #787
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomike14 View Post
Putting out a feeler. Think I've caught orange fever.

Have a 1986 Honda XR600R. Yes, it has the dual carbs. I think some inmates on here can testify to it's condition. Quick run down:

THE GOOD
Runs perfect. Motor is tight and right with no major issues. Just recently changed oil and checked valves. Has always started hot, even after fall overs on hot days or stalls in tighter woods.

Just put on brand new tires (Trakmaster 2 rear, Pirelli Scorpion XC front) with tubes. Less than 4 rides. New handguards (Cyrca) and bars (Renthal). Front and rear brake pads, chain and sprockets are also less than a year old. Regear-ed to a 14-47 to make it a little more mild mannered (no more "OH MY GOD TREE" when you twist the throttle in the woods). Will cruise at 55-60mph, even with the knobs, all day long. RSW fork brace. K&N filter.

Supertrapp pipe with mid-section and 2 inch pipe. Head pipe is off a newer model, so is a little longer, but recently heat-wrapped it.

No issues. Does not have any dreaded stator issues or countershaft problems (common ailments for these).

Clear FL street title. Working brake light. Small little mount for tag. Headlight works, too. Wouldn't hesitate to do the TAT on it.

THE-SO-SO
It's a 25+ year old bike, so it has a few cosmetic boo-boos. Mainly, some plastic is scratched, few scratches on the frame, and on the wheels. Seat has three 2-inch tears. Right side case has some scratches on clutch cover from boot rubbing.

Previous owner was from Colorado. So, it has a few small dings on the bottom frame rails. The frame is not cracked, nor so I see any signs or other damage. Just looks like it was beached on a rock at some point.

For whatever reason, it's always been a little tricky to start cold. I've finally got the technique down, so it does take some learning.

Will need new chain guides/rollers soon. They are original and near the end of their life span. I do not have the correct swingarm roller right now as finances prevented me from sourcing a new one, so I red-neck rigged one off a later model. If I keep it past 2 weeks from now, these will be replaced.

What-it-is
Easy to ride, easy to maintain, reliable dual sport for anything except super deep sand and really tight woods. It's a blast to ride, but definitely is a little more of a cow compared to say an XR250 or them orange things running around like crazy.

It is kick start only; noodle legs need not apply

I also have some extras for it; 18 inch rear wheel with later model swingarm; extra shock from XL600 (in case you wanted to lower)l; two new(er) seat covers; extra tall foam, original tail-light (somewhere); cylinder with stock piston, cam, valve, and valve springs, and new stator gasket as the old one has shown some signs of a little movement.

I'd take $1,800 for the lot from an inmate. Would consider trade + cash for plated DRZ/KLX 400E or KTM530/525 EXC.

Note: All these photos are older, and don't show new bars/handguards/tires/etc. I'll have to get some new ones this weekend.

Ok, $1650 and it's yours. Otherwise, throwing a set of street tires on it and using it to ride around on the summer.

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #788
fatalerror
skrik vir niks

am I asking too much money?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #789
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,806
Quote:
wrong market man, these guys mostly dont ride dirtbikes, it's a mostly dual sport crowd.. you could try thumpertalk.. also, craigslist is a possibility - people are always looking for cheap dirtbikes on CL.

....and yes it's gonna be a hard sell on any bike that "needs work" even if it's just a carb cleaning... because sometimes a carb cleaning becomes a carb rebuild, and sometimes it wasn't the carb its the valves needing adjustment, which leads to wonder how long it's been since regular maintenance has been done, which leads down a slippery slope of what-ifs and unknowns...

that being said, I know YZFs are pretty bullet proof, and might be interested if it was local. good luck man
Old 04-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #790
JerryIUP
Team Wanker

Oddometer: 253
Agreed, I had to give away my 2003 YZ250F Great bikes just soft market GLWS
JerryIUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #791
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
How much for the BMX bike ? I might be able to use that coffee pot when I go camping as well...
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #792
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
How much for the BMX bike ? I might be able to use that coffee pot when I go camping as well...

Shoot, I would have thought you'd ask him about the exercise machine!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #793
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Shoot, I would have thought you'd ask him about the exercise machine!
Are you calling me a fat ass too ?? dammit....that's twice in one week....
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #794
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,412

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #795
fatalerror
skrik vir niks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
you can have the BMX bike for $1200. and I'll throw in the YZF. and the coffee pot.