ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #2311
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty
 
BigNastybrp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: high speed boogie land, Sunny Ca.
Oddometer: 621
anyone up for a hardcore DS ride this weekend? I have friday off and would love to go ride maybe up by truckee.
__________________
Dr350 10 miles, XR650R Dual Sport 45k+miles just a few mods, XR600R 2500 miles, KTM ADV990R 7500
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #2312
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!
 
bikyto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Cali
Oddometer: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastybrp View Post
anyone up for a hardcore DS ride this weekend? I have friday off and would love to go ride maybe up by truckee.
How hardcore and what bike are you riding?
Oh... And do you go to the gym to help me pick mine up
__________________
The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself...
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #2313
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty
 
BigNastybrp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: high speed boogie land, Sunny Ca.
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
How hardcore and what bike are you riding?
Oh... And do you go to the gym to help me pick mine up
there is a trail that goes from almost reno to nevada city. I think its call Henness pass rd ? I dont think it will be to bad its a 4x4 trail. thats what I was thinking about for the ride. I am will ride a big xr600 or xr650r truck up there or slow ride up. I don't hit the gym but I have hit a tree or two. I will help you lift your bike but only if its 700cc or under first three lifts are free, after that its two beers prelift

up date: Henness pass rd
__________________
Dr350 10 miles, XR650R Dual Sport 45k+miles just a few mods, XR600R 2500 miles, KTM ADV990R 7500

BigNastybrp screwed with this post 08-23-2011 at 09:34 PM
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #2314
M N B
would rather be riding
 
M N B's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastybrp View Post
I will help you lift your bike but only if its 700cc or under first three lifts are free, after that its two beers prelift
A three lift grace? That's very generous.

For bikes under 350cc, is it 6 lifts free and one beer per lift afterwards?

(I knew getting a 310 would pay off!)
__________________
2011 Husqvarna TE310
2009 BMW F800GS
2007 HD Road King FLHR
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #2315
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!
 
bikyto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Cali
Oddometer: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by M N B View Post
A three lift grace? That's very generous.

For bikes under 350cc, is it 6 lifts free and one beer per lift afterwards?

(I knew getting a 310 would pay off!)
Oh man...990 ADV. How many lifts do I get for that?
__________________
The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself...
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #2316
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty
 
BigNastybrp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: high speed boogie land, Sunny Ca.
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
Oh man...990 ADV. How many lifts do I get for that?
I think it best if you bring Whiskey old #7
__________________
Dr350 10 miles, XR650R Dual Sport 45k+miles just a few mods, XR600R 2500 miles, KTM ADV990R 7500
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #2317
thatnumber5
Delicately Aged
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 6
Route 8A Northern Nevada

Anbody know much about Route 8A Northern Nevada. Can't tell how good or bad the road is, wondering if it would be a good weekend ride up from the BA?

tnum5
thatnumber5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #2318
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten
 
Hobbes950's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Nevada City
Oddometer: 3,129
I did Henessy no problem. Noob chick on a KTM 950. Fun ride. Lots of stuff to explore if you are the exploring type.
__________________
When in doubt, take it as a compliment.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #2319
Qwik
Two Wheeled Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Oddometer: 5,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastybrp View Post
I think it best if you bring Whiskey old #7
Bro, He lives up by the park and Rides his ADV Very Well. Are you talking a one day run or multiple days?
C, Big Nasty lives at the bottom of the hill. He also happens to be my younger brother and can outride me (As much as I hate to admit it).
__________________
Speed bumps never seem to make me go any faster
Qwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #2320
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer
 
WoodsChick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Oakland, CA
Oddometer: 1,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnumber5 View Post
Anbody know much about Route 8A Northern Nevada. Can't tell how good or bad the road is, wondering if it would be a good weekend ride up from the BA?

tnum5
8A is pretty much a superhighway that hasn't been paved yet. It is beautiful out there, with a lot more interesting roads coming off of 8A. If you come in from the west you can take a right on Stevens Camp Road and ride through High Rock Canyon. The Sheldon NWR is a fantastically special place and it is usually deserted. There is a new pipeline going in, though (Montana to Oregon) and one of the main camps for the workers is in Vya. The welders all come in via buses from Winnemucca everyday.There was an insane amount of work truck traffic out there last time I was there in May, and they're all doing about 80mph and taking up the whole road. You can see their dust for miles, but still...be careful if you go out there! I've spent a good bit of time on the refuge if you have any more questions

WoodsChick

High Rock Canyon...
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Coffee first..."

______________________________
AMA, D36, BRC, CORVA, WMA, USA-ALL
WoodsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #2321
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsChick View Post
8A is pretty much a superhighway that hasn't been paved yet. It is beautiful out there, with a lot more interesting roads coming off of 8A. If you come in from the west you can take a right on Stevens Camp Road and ride through High Rock Canyon. The Sheldon NWR is a fantastically special place and it is usually deserted. There is a new pipeline going in, though (Montana to Oregon) and one of the main camps for the workers is in Vya. The welders all come in via buses from Winnemucca everyday.There was an insane amount of work truck traffic out there last time I was there in May, and they're all doing about 80mph and taking up the whole road. You can see their dust for miles, but still...be careful if you go out there! I've spent a good bit of time on the refuge if you have any more questions

WoodsChick

High Rock Canyon...
I need to get out of this town and see some of these places!
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #2322
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty
 
BigNastybrp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: high speed boogie land, Sunny Ca.
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
I need to get out of this town and see some of these places!
come out with me this weekend lets ride?
__________________
Dr350 10 miles, XR650R Dual Sport 45k+miles just a few mods, XR600R 2500 miles, KTM ADV990R 7500
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #2323
thatnumber5
Delicately Aged
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsChick View Post
8A is pretty much a superhighway that hasn't been paved yet. It is beautiful out there, with a lot more interesting roads coming off of 8A. If you come in from the west you can take a right on Stevens Camp Road and ride through High Rock Canyon. The Sheldon NWR is a fantastically special place and it is usually deserted. There is a new pipeline going in, though (Montana to Oregon) and one of the main camps for the workers is in Vya. The welders all come in via buses from Winnemucca everyday.There was an insane amount of work truck traffic out there last time I was there in May, and they're all doing about 80mph and taking up the whole road. You can see their dust for miles, but still...be careful if you go out there! I've spent a good bit of time on the refuge if you have any more questions

WoodsChick

High Rock Canyon...
Thanks for the heads up. Your gorgeous picture sure makes it seem worthwhile. I think I will give it a try.

tnum5
thatnumber5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #2324
Danhool
Adventurer
 
Danhool's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastybrp View Post
there is a trail that goes from almost reno to nevada city. I think its call Henness pass rd ? I dont think it will be to bad its a 4x4 trail. thats what I was thinking about for the ride. I am will ride a big xr600 or xr650r truck up there or slow ride up. I don't hit the gym but I have hit a tree or two. I will help you lift your bike but only if its 700cc or under first three lifts are free, after that its two beers prelift

up date: Henness pass rd
After doing a bit of research, Henness sounds like it's right up my alley. Unfortunately I can't do it this weekend, but I'm down to do it mid September.
Also, I'm gonna change my track nobbies for some Scorpion A/Ts. Those should be fine for Henness, right?
Danhool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #2325
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,084
Sounds like a great place to check out. If you can make it next weekend I'm in.
__________________

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014