ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #2851
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Pleasanton, Ca
Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastybrp View Post
start time and place? I think i can come play
Destination is Princeton Seafoods at Half Moon Bay. Can buy crab right off the boats - and Princeton will cook it and clean it for a small fee.
Or eat in their restaurant.

Meet at Alice's on Skyline at 9:30AM - leave at 10AM.

Will send out GPS route later

Mike Z
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #2852
luckett
Gnarly Adventurer
 
luckett's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: SF
Oddometer: 202
Do they sell beer to wash down the chowdah or will I have to hit the taps at the brew co?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Paul View Post

Will send out GPS route later
When do the roll charts go out?
luckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #2853
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .
 
slackmeyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Oddometer: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckett View Post

When do the roll charts go out?
You'll have 2 hours the night before the ride to review the roll chart and make notations. The roll chart will be in french for all riders, no translations available. Riders will start at 2 minute intervals beginning at 10:00 AM.
__________________
Zak

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #2854
ian408
Oh?
 
ian408's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Oddometer: 14,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackmeyer View Post
You'll have 2 hours the night before the ride to review the roll chart and make notations. The roll chart will be in french for all riders, no translations available. Riders will start at 2 minute intervals beginning at 10:00 AM.
Actually, it's 30 minutes. And be sure you show up with the ASO IriTrack mounts/electrical functioning. Scrutineering starts at 8:30.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #2855
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 360
Saturday Jan 7 Crab Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Paul View Post
Destination is Princeton Seafoods at Half Moon Bay. Can buy crab right off the boats - and Princeton will cook it and clean it for a small fee.
Or eat in their restaurant.

Meet at Alice's on Skyline at 9:30AM - leave at 10AM.

Will send out GPS route later

Mike Z

Thanks Paul,

attached are the GPS Routes/Tracks for the Crab Ride. And the Google map here http://g.co/maps/n89ct

Starting at Alices and going South on Skyline to Alpine road, to Pescadero Rd to North Rd, to Stage Rd to San Gregario, then up La Honda Rd to Alices, North on Skyline to Tunitas Creek Rd to Lobitas Creek Cutoff to Verde Rd to Purisima Creek Rd to Higgin's Canyon Rd to Half Moon Bay and Hwy 1, North on Hwy 1 to Capistrano Rd to Princeton Seafoods.

Eat Crab, be merry and then head home.

See Ya all soon!

Mike Z
Attached Files
File Type: gpx half_moon_bay_crab_ride.gpx (259.2 KB, 30 views)
zeegman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #2856
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 360
Crab Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckett View Post
Do they sell beer to wash down the chowdah or will I have to hit the taps at the brew co?




When do the roll charts go out?

Will contact them tomorrow to see if they have a take out window for drinks, sidedishes , and condiments.

If they don't, can walk over to Barbara's fishtrap right close by to get all the extra suds and goodies.

Make sure to bring your handiwipes!!

MZ
zeegman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #2857
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 360
Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeegman View Post
Will contact them tomorrow to see if they have a take out window for drinks, sidedishes , and condiments.

If they don't, can walk over to Barbara's fishtrap right close by to get all the extra suds and goodies.

Make sure to bring your handiwipes!!

MZ
zeegman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #2858
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Pleasanton, Ca
Oddometer: 2,098
so the plan is we are going to meet at Alices.. leave at 10... run track A end back up at alices and then run track b that will put us at the crab place... eat crab and then go home

this sound about right ?
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #2859
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 360
the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Paul View Post
so the plan is we are going to meet at Alices.. leave at 10... run track A end back up at alices and then run track b that will put us at the crab place... eat crab and then go home

this sound about right ?
Thats right.

MZ
zeegman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #2860
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 360
Sat Jan 7 Crab Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeegman View Post
Will contact them tomorrow to see if they have a take out window for drinks, sidedishes , and condiments.

If they don't, can walk over to Barbara's fishtrap right close by to get all the extra suds and goodies.

Make sure to bring your handiwipes!!

MZ
Just confirmed with Princeton Seafood Company - they do have a take out window for drinks, condiments, and side dishes - there are outdoor pinic benches too.

Total route is about 90 miles and you will also need gas to get up to Alices from whereever you are coming from so plan accordingly. Do not think there are any gas stops along the way.

Weather looks to be sunny and clear.
Tides will be about 2 feet.
Wind will be about 5mph (4kt) from ENE (070 degreess)
Dew point will 45F
Relative humidity will be 76%
Pressure will be 30.14 in Hg
Pressure tendency will be 0.08 inches lower than the 3 hours previous
Visibilty will be 10 miles.

ETA to crab is about 22.5 hours!
MZ
zeegman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #2861
KTM Freak
MILF supporter
 
KTM Freak's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The Salad Bowl-Salinas, CA
Oddometer: 35
Wish I could join you guys but I can't stand seafood . Do they have steak there

You guys be safe out there and look out for those mini van drivers on the cell phone...
__________________
KTM Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #2862
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Oddometer: 6,413
Did a quick run up to Alices on the Hayabusa for a late lunch with my Girl today (Crowded up there). It was a bit cool and wet on the pavement under the trees. Be careful on the ride guys. Now I get to change out the tube/tire on the KTM.
__________________
Speed bumps never seem to make me go any faster
Qwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #2863
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Pleasanton, Ca
Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Freak View Post
Wish I could join you guys but I can't stand seafood . Do they have steak there

You guys be safe out there and look out for those mini van drivers on the cell phone...


why not just come for the ride and find another place to eat.. I am sure half moon bay has some other to eat than seafood...

last time I saw your pumpkin it spent its entire trip on its side.. come out and show me you can at least ride that thing on the pavement !

__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #2864
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 360
No Crab Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Freak View Post
Wish I could join you guys but I can't stand seafood . Do they have steak there

You guys be safe out there and look out for those mini van drivers on the cell phone...
They have non seafood steaks and burgers and sandwiches.

The menu is here:

http://princetonseafood.com/restaura...ood-favorites/

Also there are several food places in the area (Google maps http://g.co/maps/ktn4f ) so you have many options.

MZ
zeegman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #2865
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Pleasanton, Ca
Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik View Post
Did a quick run up to Alices on the Hayabusa for a late lunch with my Girl today (Crowded up there). It was a bit cool and wet on the pavement under the trees. Be careful on the ride guys. Now I get to change out the tube/tire on the KTM.
put my scorps on and save that new mefo !
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014