ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #3916
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,126
I don't want to hijack, but thought some folks on here might have something to share with me...

I'm looking for a work/live type place for 1 person in the Oakland area, that is motorcycle friendly. Looking towards the end of summer.

If you know of anywhere, PM me.

Thanks, HiJack over!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #3917
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Hit the Lost Coast this weekend - was fun. Anyone else get to ride some dirty? Was all good until the rain came last night....

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Ride report here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890637
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #3918
LeDakaR!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
Did usal last week
Wish it was wet

www.route66moto.com
moto rental/sales and tours, location et vente moto, import-export
LeDakaR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #3919
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 2,935
We made a marathon day of sunday to avoid traffic on either end of the weekend, had a good 15 hours of riding east of 101, lots of great tiny roads there, dirt/gravel/single lane pavement. No pictures were taken.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #3920
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 568
I was coaching over the Memorial-Day weekend ... but during the Sheetiron week, we rode the Sequoia NF for the 3rd time this year!

Then we drove home Thursday, washed clothes on Friday, and got the street bikes to ride to breakfast early Saturday morning;

and rode down to the Songdog Ranch.

Our host prepared a GREAT dinner Saturday night & breakfast Sunday morning!

Twisty backroads over to the Solvang Vintage Moto Museum on Sunday ...

1925 DOT "Devoid of Trouble" Racer

Dinner Sunday night ...

And rode up the coast on Monday.

Ms.Caponord turned over 128k miles on the ride home. A fun-filled week of riding!

Quiz: What cool-ass mostly-paved road begins just past "Fog's End?"

Catfish ...

catfish screwed with this post 05-28-2013 at 10:32 PM
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:30 AM   #3921
LexTalionis
Inciteful

Oddometer: 428
Catfish, thanks for the reminder about Songdog, good to hear Rev is still holding the place open for camping. My group rode down there "religiously" each Spring and Fall for the events - Summer was tooooo hot - before it closed due to, as I recall, health department codes that started out as a noise complaint.

I plan to ride Carrizo Plain in the Fall, I'll send an email asking about camping costs - unless you happen to know? Nothing specified at songdog.com.

Lex
Old 06-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #3922
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,593
Nice stuff, Catfish!

WoodsChick

Old 06-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #3923
Nixels
Face fears - live life

Oddometer: 7,586
Songdog!

First trip I took in CA when I moved here in '99 was to Songdog with a bunch of Sonoma CO. people. Big Red was one of them. That woman could ride - and had a big sense of fun.

I've camped there a couple times when riding down to LA. Good place to stop and Rev's always a good guy to talk to.

SmugMug coupon: cwbkgu7KGL2D2/save $5
Nixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #3924
dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
I camped at Songdog a few times in the '80's .... I still have my Songdog bandana!!

-dman
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #3925
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous

Songdog & RevPack info ...

Jim (or Rev) has moved back to the Songdog ranch & making RevPack luggage again. His daughter & her family had been there the last few years.

The CG & lodge on the mesa are still there, but it is NOT an official, advertising campground. Old friends are welcome to stop by for the night or 2 or the weekend. He just asks that you call (800 # at Revpack.com) to let him know you are coming. Services are varied & negotiable.

The old songdog.com web site was/is ran by son Ben, but there is no real info there anymore. Just memories.

I remember when daughter Jenny left the ranch after high school, on the back of a S.F. Northstars motorcycle. She just moved her family from the ranch to Taft because her kids are in high school now.

Catfish ...
Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #3926
SFMCjohn

Oddometer: 814
Quiz and tonight and this weekend ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post

Ms.Caponord turned over 128k miles on the ride home. A fun-filled week of riding!

Quiz: What cool-ass mostly-paved road begins just past "Fog's End?"

Catfish ...
Hi Catfish,

Nice to meet you, briefly, the other day ...

An answer to your Fog's End quiz: Santa Rosa Creek/Cambria Road?

Thanks for the cool pics from Song Dog, Ventucopa, etc.!

OK, on to some of the usual SFMCjohn dribble:

We plan to be showing some roadracing at the SFMC tonight (18th St. & Folsom), 7pm ... from Ace Cafe Rob:
"I have just put together probably the best show of race coverage I've ever done.

Race 1. WSS from Portugal this morning. Maybe 7 or 8 passes in the last two laps. A stormer. Edit lasts 20mins.

Race 2. Hi-Def incredible footage of Friday's IoM Senior TT. So exciting I had to pause and take a break half-way through for a shot of rum. Edit lasts 45mins (the race coverage, not the rum).

If you'd like me to show it at the club Thursday I'd need to start at 7pm to finish in timely manner before the meeting.

I'd also like to invite a half dozen non-member TT fans, whom you probably know, to join us."

So, that's tonight, Thursday ...

On Sunday, June 16th, starting at 4pm, we're planning on showing the Catalunya MotoGP race ... also at the SFMC ...

Rossi fans at the SFMC during the Italian Grand Prix a couple of weeks ago ...

Finally, I have a vague plan to ride up and camp out at Buck Island tomorrow night (Friday), and then over to the Booneville Fairgrounds to camp with members of the SFMC on Saturday night ... guess we're trying to eat at Table 128 ...

BAARCers and ADVers always welcome ...

see you around the campfire,
-- SFMCjohn
IBA#'98onaEX500

SFMCjohn screwed with this post 06-13-2013 at 01:07 PM
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #3927
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,085
SUper late to the party but i have been directed to the right place. Had a Forum named bay area rides but didn't know this one existed! I'll post some stuff here. If anyone is insterested here is my forum.

This was from last Sunday.

Alright so Sunday plans didn't turn out as desired... turns out N Peak Access Road is restricted to authorized vehicles only... i was pissed especially since i had called and asked if commercial vehicle were allowed and was told yes.. which means we had to find out a new route... we found another road that would lead us through the mountains called San Pedro Road but apparently that is closed for some reason or another... At this point my buddy and i decided just say f*** it and decided to just take 92 back all the way home.

On arrival to the top of 92 where it meets with 35, i remembered seeing 35 going all the way through the mountains and connecting with 84, so i decided to go with it, my buddy just followed along! He's a really good guy for when it comes to changing plans.

Here's My route

So we turned right onto 35 and enjoyed very little traffic, chilling weather and driving through the clouds... literally. I recorded the ride (will upload soon) and there are literally points where my buddy disappear into the clouds. First time on wet roads with my new KLR and first time for my buddy... period. So it was a really fun ride although after finishing our ride, we both agreed we were being very cautious on the ride

We kept riding along this road enjoying the windy roads and solitude. We get to the point where 35 and 84 meet and i realize we are right by Alice's Restaurant! We stopped for a beer, a lot of water, and warm tea... i was kind of broke so i just asked for hot water

After Alice's we took 84 down and decided to take a detour and took small roads, which eventually led us to Page Mill Rd. Although it was pitch black, it was a really enjoyable ride because it was way better than taking freeways.

Got home around 9:45pm tired but VERY happy with our day. Another day for books!
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #3928
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,085
I plan on taking a day trip around the bay via this way.. or another either this saturday or next! I haven't done bear creek road all the way yet and last time i did highway 35 from half moon bay, it was foggy and misty... it was cool, just not very scenic.

So I am thinking about leaving somewhere in San Jose getting coffee or something. Eating some place in Half Moon Bay, then head to Alice's for coffee or whatever. and then heading home to Fremont. Any takers??

Here's what it would look like...

y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #3929
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,242
^^^ Looks like a fun time. I'd be down for next weekend, 6/22 or 6/23. Any chance you want to go midweek? PM me and we can talk details. Cheers.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #3930
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMCjohn View Post
Hi Catfish,

Nice to meet you, briefly, the other day ...

An answer to your Fog's End quiz: Santa Rosa Creek/Cambria Road?

Thanks for the cool pics from Song Dog, Ventucopa, etc.!

OK, on to some of the usual SFMCjohn dribble:

We plan to be showing some roadracing at the SFMC tonight (18th St. & Folsom), 7pm ...

Yes, it was nice to finally meet you also. I've been coaching (maybe once a month) at the clubhouse for more than a year now. Cool place to introduce folks to motorcycling.

Santa Rosa Creek Road behind Cambria is correct for the quiz! I owe you a beer the next time I see you.

Mmmm ... Buck Island!

We rode Stonyford yesterday.

Catfish ...