ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #3946
max2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
max2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SF East Bay, CA
Oddometer: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
yeah totally, the following is coming off, to be saved for my next bike:
- TJD exhaust guard (brand new!)
- rear brake toruatech guard
- hammerhead brake foot
- both CJD long footpeg extensions (even though one is damaged)
- new 2" longer brake lines & hydraulic clutch line
- renazco seat (if i can find someone willing to sell me their stocker)
- H&B Topcase & mounting bracket
- euro headlight (i still have the stock one, i can swap it out)
- woody's wheels (assuming i can find a rear to buy off of someone)
- BDCW bash plate (i'll replace with the stock one i have in a box)
- CJD sidestand relocation & sidestand cutoff switch

i can also take off the KTM orange engine case cover, but i've never done it before, i might need help... if someone wants it, speak up now... otherwise i'll leave it on.

the other big job that could be done, but i'm not sure if it's worth the time, is the bike has a RTT steering stabilizer, custom (crappy) anodizing... but it works, and is worth a bit of coin... but not to me. i already have a scotts & brp waiting to go on, and was planning on selling the RTT for cheap. if anyone wants it (or thinks it might be worthwhile to remove) let me know... i might need help.



it was a REV'IT Sand Jacket, and REV'IT Mistral pants, both of which are older models, and have been replaced in REV'IT's line. i still have everything, with all the upgraded CE armor, all the liners, whatnot. none of it is wearable, but the liners & armor could be re-used i suppose.
PM sent, intrested in the orange clutch cover. I can help you strip down your bike. I have a full shop in my garage with a motorcycle lift or I can bring tools to you.
__________________
2007 Super Enduro...Finally got another one & 2008 Kawi KLX 450 - Plated
2010 KTM 690R - Sold
2006 BMW R1200GSA - SOLD...Thank Goodness...I hated that thing.
2007 KTM Super Enduro - Sold - HUGE Mistake letting it go
2006 KTM Adventure S - Sold / 2007 KTM 950 Supermoto - Sold
max2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #3947
ian408
Oh?
 
ian408's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Oddometer: 14,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post

i can also take off the KTM orange engine case cover, but i've never done it before, i might need help... if someone wants it, speak up now... otherwise i'll leave it on.

the other big job that could be done, but i'm not sure if it's worth the time, is the bike has a RTT steering stabilizer, custom (crappy) anodizing... but it works, and is worth a bit of coin... but not to me. i already have a scotts & brp waiting to go on, and was planning on selling the RTT for cheap. if anyone wants it (or thinks it might be worthwhile to remove) let me know... i might need help.
It should be as easy as unbolting the cover and swapping it. The steering stabilizer is a different story-it looks like it uses the top triple clamp. Easy enough to take off but you would definitely need the OEM top clamp to replace it.

If you want help, you're welcome to swing by.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #3948
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer
 
y0y02369's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Area
Oddometer: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio View Post
When are you planning to do this?
I was thinking tomorrow but something came up so it's a no go. But for site within the next month. Pm if you're intersted.
__________________
Drive?! Why?! Cars have too many wheels... just makes me feel... awkwardly stable... I'll ride thank you!v
Not knowing where you are going in part of the adventure! :loll
Daisy the Tiger and Frenchie
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #3949
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer
 
chrish4ku's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: San Leandro, CA
Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
yeah totally, the following is coming off, to be saved for my next bike:
- TJD exhaust guard (brand new!)
- rear brake toruatech guard
- hammerhead brake foot
- both CJD long footpeg extensions (even though one is damaged)
- new 2" longer brake lines & hydraulic clutch line
- renazco seat (if i can find someone willing to sell me their stocker)
- H&B Topcase & mounting bracket
- euro headlight (i still have the stock one, i can swap it out)
- woody's wheels (assuming i can find a rear to buy off of someone)
- BDCW bash plate (i'll replace with the stock one i have in a box)
- CJD sidestand relocation & sidestand cutoff switch

i can also take off the KTM orange engine case cover, but i've never done it before, i might need help... if someone wants it, speak up now... otherwise i'll leave it on.

the other big job that could be done, but i'm not sure if it's worth the time, is the bike has a RTT steering stabilizer, custom (crappy) anodizing... but it works, and is worth a bit of coin... but not to me. i already have a scotts & brp waiting to go on, and was planning on selling the RTT for cheap. if anyone wants it (or thinks it might be worthwhile to remove) let me know... i might need help.



it was a REV'IT Sand Jacket, and REV'IT Mistral pants, both of which are older models, and have been replaced in REV'IT's line. i still have everything, with all the upgraded CE armor, all the liners, whatnot. none of it is wearable, but the liners & armor could be re-used i suppose.

I wrecked the same bike. Same outcome. Insurance bought me a new 2011 and replaced all my gear. They don't give a crap about the extras. I took the skid plate off, seat, crash bars, exhaust pipe, adv tank, pannier carriers, footpegz, hand guards, ........they all live on on the new bike!! Yes it did not have a working exhaust system when they rolled it away.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
__________________
_______________________
Chris
I don't normally ride on the street,,,but when I do,,I prefer lane splitting.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #3950
kaia
team F5 ⌘R
 
kaia's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: silicon valley, ca
Oddometer: 2,568
I got a front wheel & stock seat (thx zeegman!) still looking for a stock 950/990 18" rear wheel, rubber or not, no worries! can be dented & scratched, as long as it can hold air, I want it... willing to pay!
__________________
bike: 2010 KTM 990R | photos: SmugMug | SmugMug save $5: PeYEyWo3aVaYk
kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #3951
ian408
Oh?
 
ian408's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Oddometer: 14,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
I got a front wheel & stock seat (thx zeegman!) still looking for a stock 950/990 18" rear wheel, rubber or not, no worries! can be dented & scratched, as long as it can hold air, I want it... willing to pay!
From what Chris said, sounds like you could find just about anything that will make it roll...
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #3952
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick
 
longtallsally's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: BACK IN THE STATES!!!
Oddometer: 4,409
Hey, anyone want to do an overnighter this weekend? I was thinking of a mainly road ride and possibly mild dirt roads in the mountains or the coast?

I need to get some miles on the pig now that my back is starting to heal up.

__________________
[quote=Insert witty comment here]
longtallsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #3953
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Oddometer: 6,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
I got a front wheel & stock seat (thx zeegman!) still looking for a stock 950/990 18" rear wheel, rubber or not, no worries! can be dented & scratched, as long as it can hold air, I want it... willing to pay!
Check your pms. I may have a solution for the wheel Thing.
__________________
Topes never seem to make me go any faster.
Qwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #3954
tc339
Adventurer
 
tc339's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Sonoma, California
Oddometer: 60
Hey guys, Just bought a Super Tenere and trying to get into the Adventure scene a bit. I dont know jack about the dirt roads around here and would love to find some guys to ride with. Do people around here get together very often for group rides?
tc339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #3955
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer
 
y0y02369's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Area
Oddometer: 1,212
Ride around the Bay

Planning a little ride through the hills and highway 1 on August 3rd or around there... Takers?

Joy Ride Through the Bay
__________________
Drive?! Why?! Cars have too many wheels... just makes me feel... awkwardly stable... I'll ride thank you!v
Not knowing where you are going in part of the adventure! :loll
Daisy the Tiger and Frenchie
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #3956
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick
 
longtallsally's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: BACK IN THE STATES!!!
Oddometer: 4,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
Planning a little ride through the hills and highway 1 on August 3rd or around there... Takers?

Joy Ride Through the Bay
I think you'll want to avoid 1 in that area. I was at Pescadero a couple weeks ago and just north of it, it is down to 1 lane and was backed up a mile or so.

I also would advise against 92 up from Half Moon Bay- really dangerous with the weekend cager crew.

Literally a thousand ways to skin that cat, but it is up to personal preference and that ride is probably a total of less than 200 miles, but a good run to lunch after a late coffee.
__________________
[quote=Insert witty comment here]

longtallsally screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 11:26 AM
longtallsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #3957
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer
 
y0y02369's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Area
Oddometer: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
I think you'll want to avoid 1 in that area. I was at Pescadero a couple weeks ago and just north of it, it is down to 1 lane and was backed up a mile or so.

I also would advise against 92 up from Half Moon Bay- really dangerous with the weekend cager crew.

Literally a thousand ways to skin that cat, but it is up to personal preference and that ride is probably a total of less than 200 miles, but a good run to lunch after a late coffee.
I wanted to do longer but not sure if anyone/everyone would want to do that long of a ride... This one is not longer in miles but it is in time... bypasses that whole section of 1 that is closed... i took 1 last weekend and the blockage was way before La Honda.


Here's what it would look like.




Thanks for the tips though! When i took 92, it was mid day and all the traffic was going towards HMB so that's why i chose that route and not the other way around.. but thanks!

Edit: also, according to CalTrans, all road maintenance should be done by the end of the month!

Tried creating a link but it didn't show the proper info.. so here is the report from CalTrans

SR 1
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 9 MI NORTH OF LUCIA TO
4.3 MI SOUTH OF BIG SUR (MONTEREY CO) FROM 0800 HRS TO 1530 HRS TUESDAY THRU
THURSDAY THRU 6/27/13 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF
UP TO 10 MINUTES

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 7.3 MI SOUTH TO 3.4 MI
SOUTH OF BIG SUR (MONTEREY CO) FROM 0930 HRS TO 1530 HRS ON 6/25/13 - DUE TO
MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 10 MINUTES

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 10 MI NORTH TO 12 MI
NORTH OF BIG SUR (MONTEREY CO) FROM 0830 HRS TO 1530 HRS TUESDAY THRU THURSDAY
THRU 6/27/13 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO
10 MINUTES

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 13.4 MI NORTH OF BIG SUR /AT ROCKY CREEK RD/
(MONTEREY CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 2100 HRS MONDAY THRU WEDNESDAY & 24 HRS A DAY
FROM 0700 HRS THURSDAY TO 2100 HRS SUNDAY THRU 9/1/13 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
- MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 10 MINUTES

[IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM MAIN ST TO LAKE ST
/IN POINT ARENA/ (MENDOCINO CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 1600 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
THRU 6/28/13 - DUE TO PERMIT WORK

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 2.4 MI NORTH OF ELK (MENDOCINO CO) - DUE TO A
SLIPOUT - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 15 MINUTES

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 1.5 MI NORTH OF THE EAST JCT OF SR 128
(MENDOCINO CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS MONDAY THRU THURSDAY & FROM
0700 HRS TO 1300 HRS ON FRIDAY THRU 6/28/13 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
- MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 10 MINUTES

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 2.2 MI NORTH TO 4 MI
NORTH OF THE JCT OF SR 128 (MENDOCINO CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU
0001 HRS ON 8/30/13 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
__________________
Drive?! Why?! Cars have too many wheels... just makes me feel... awkwardly stable... I'll ride thank you!v
Not knowing where you are going in part of the adventure! :loll
Daisy the Tiger and Frenchie

y0y02369 screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 02:24 PM Reason: also, according to CalTrans, all road maintenance should be done by the end of the month!
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #3958
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick
 
longtallsally's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: BACK IN THE STATES!!!
Oddometer: 4,409
Good info. However, I have to note my cynicism towards anything presented from anything related to the CA gubment.

My unasked for philosophy on roads on the peninsula is that if it is a main thoroughfare in any way, I avoid it- especially on the weekend. Plus the more obscure the road, the more fun.

I usually don't post roads I take, based on fear of them getting cluttered, but that is probably a foregone conclusion these days. So, my last route was Patterson Pass- Mines- San Antonio Valley up and over Hamilton- worked my way to Black Road- 35 to Alice's- 84- Pescadero all the way to the coast.

I started up 1 and was going to take 84 (despite being too populated) for the ride home, but it was a mess, so I turned around and went back up to Pescadero- Alpine- Page Mill- and then just did 280 and over the San Mateo.

In my opinion, the only places 1 gets interesting is north of Bodega Bay, and way south of Big Sur where there isn't much in the way of traffic. Otherwise, too many cages.
__________________
[quote=Insert witty comment here]
longtallsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #3959
kaia
team F5 ⌘R
 
kaia's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: silicon valley, ca
Oddometer: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
I got a front wheel & stock seat (thx zeegman!) still looking for a stock 950/990 18" rear wheel, rubber or not, no worries! can be dented & scratched, as long as it can hold air, I want it... willing to pay!
wheel issue solved, at the moment (thanks Qwik!). still stripping a few last things off of it, looks like salvage will pick it up friday... then i pick up it's replacement (2010 990R from inmate) on sunday.

then re-doing 3 months of work putting everything taken off the old bike onto the new bike, and selling whatever's not needed.

thanks for the help, hopefully back on the road soon!
__________________
bike: 2010 KTM 990R | photos: SmugMug | SmugMug save $5: PeYEyWo3aVaYk
kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #3960
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
trailjammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 368
Damn Kaia! Sorry to hear about all that. I hope you swapped over the Trailjammer Designs Exhaust Guard. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. good luck on getting the new ride setup. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
wheel issue solved, at the moment (thanks Qwik!). still stripping a few last things off of it, looks like salvage will pick it up friday... then i pick up it's replacement (2010 990R from inmate) on sunday.

then re-doing 3 months of work putting everything taken off the old bike onto the new bike, and selling whatever's not needed.

thanks for the help, hopefully back on the road soon!
__________________
TRAILJAMMER DESIGNS -KTM/Berg/YAMAHA PROTECTION! www.facebook.com/trailjammer408
www.trailjammerdesigns.com
trailjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015