ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #4291
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer
 
chrish4ku's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: San Leandro, CA
Oddometer: 848
Hit Clear Creek and Pinnacles the last 2 days. Fun times, no traffic, lots of dirt.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=944258

No water really in those streams either right now,



CH
__________________
_______________________
Chris
I don't normally ride on the street,,,but when I do,,I prefer lane splitting.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #4292
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer
 
y0y02369's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Area
Oddometer: 1,226
Hey guys!

I started a Group Buy for a Unifilter pre filter. Just check out the thread and post in there if you are interested. As said in the thread, it is not only for the tigers, i can add any other buy in there but YOU need to send me the link of your filter.

Please pass this on to other NorCal riders if they are interested! They ship from Oz, so shipping is kinda high... hence then group buy!

Ride safe!
__________________
Drive?! Why?! Cars have too many wheels... just makes me feel... awkwardly stable... I'll ride thank you!v
Not knowing where you are going in part of the adventure! :loll
Daisy the Tiger and Frenchie
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #4293
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Thx and Happy New Year
Happy New Year to you too Bob!
__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #4294
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 380
Happy New years to John and All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMCjohn View Post


Hey BAARCers,

The San Francisco Motorcycle Club will be hosting a New Year's Eve Party
at the SFMC clubhouse. Music (Bundy Brown) starts at 8:30. No cover. All
Motorcyclists are welcome. 2194 Folsom Street, San Francisco.

BAARCers and ADVers always welcome!

BAARC Forever!
see you around the campfire,
-- SFMCjohn
A little late to say "Happy New Years" but thanks for the great ride reports John - that Morroco one especially looked really cool. Hope to see you guys out on the trails again this year - after I finish healing up my collarbone. - cheers
zeegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #4295
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 380
Nice CC ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku View Post
Hit Clear Creek and Pinnacles the last 2 days. Fun times, no traffic, lots of dirt.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=944258

No water really in those streams either right now,



CH
Thanks for sharing this cool CC ride report, Chris. Also I've always wanted to hike in the Pinnacles - looks like a neat place. Can hardly wait to get out with you guys riding again. Need to heal up a collarbone first.

Mike Z
zeegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #4296
SFMCjohn
13
 
SFMCjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA, 94102
Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeegman View Post
A little late to say "Happy New Years" but thanks for the great ride reports John - that Morroco one especially looked really cool. Hope to see you guys out on the trails again this year - after I finish healing up my collarbone. - cheers
Hey Mike Z!

Broken collarbone? Ouch ... guess I'll have to go poke around Orange Crush to get the story on that ...

Did you guys go on a Thanksgiving Ride again this year?

Thanks for the kind words about ride reports ... I did a Morocco one on BARF:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=446727

I'd have done it here on BAARC, but there were too many photos ...

The SFMC is going to have a crew in Death Valley at Furnace Creek campground Jan 29th - Feb 3rd ... Bicycle Phil and DaveRMS from ADV Race forum, kallehof from Old's Cool ... think that overlaps DVDAZE 2014 ...

The SFMC will have a crew in Baja starting down on Feb 22nd, too ...

Hope your collar bone heals up and that you're back riding again, soon!

BAARC Forever and
Happy New Year!
-- Cary and John A
__________________
caryandjohn.blog: Baja, KLR, & '73 Tiger Ride Reports
San Francisco Motorcycle Club, Est. 1904
Let's Ride!: BAARC and Old's Cool Ride Reports Index
IBA#'98onaEX500

SFMCjohn screwed with this post 01-04-2014 at 02:55 PM
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #4297
LittleWan
You can do it!
 
LittleWan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: behind BigWan, trying to keep my feet tucked in :)
Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMCjohn View Post
I did a Morocco one on BARF:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=446727

I'd have done it here on BAARC, but there were too many photos ...
Hey, you guys are home! Welcome back.

Loved the ride report with the nice BIG photos. Looks like you guys had a great trip!
I'm so happy that Cary got to wear her scarf in Morocco/Paris...
It's like summer here in the bay area! Way too warm for knitwear.




Quote:
Originally Posted by zeegman View Post
A little late to say "Happy New Years" but thanks for the great ride reports John - that Morroco one especially looked really cool. Hope to see you guys out on the trails again this year - after I finish healing up my collarbone. - cheers
Oh no! Sorry to hear about your collarbone, Mike!
Which one did that to you - big bike or little bike?
Hope you heal up quickly!


kelly
__________________
OSO LOCO!! osoooo!

Oso bored? you can find the rest of our ride reports HERE
make stupid your favorite!
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #4298
SFMCjohn
13
 
SFMCjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA, 94102
Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan View Post
Hey, you guys are home! Welcome back.

Loved the ride report with the nice BIG photos. Looks like you guys had a great trip!
I'm so happy that Cary got to wear her scarf in Morocco/Paris...
It's like summer here in the bay area! Way too warm for knitwear.
Hey Kelly!

Hope you and Matt had a happy holiday season ... Cary looked great in your scarf, and she wore it every day in Paris, where it was cold and rainy!

Hope to see you guys around a campfire this spring,
xox,
-- Cary and John A
__________________
caryandjohn.blog: Baja, KLR, & '73 Tiger Ride Reports
San Francisco Motorcycle Club, Est. 1904
Let's Ride!: BAARC and Old's Cool Ride Reports Index
IBA#'98onaEX500
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #4299
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 380
Hoping for a great 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan View Post
Hey, you guys are home! Welcome back.

Loved the ride report with the nice BIG photos. Looks like you guys had a great trip!
I'm so happy that Cary got to wear her scarf in Morocco/Paris...
It's like summer here in the bay area! Way too warm for knitwear.





Oh no! Sorry to hear about your collarbone, Mike!
Which one did that to you - big bike or little bike?
Hope you heal up quickly!


kelly
Thanks Kelly,

got pitched off the little bike when the front hit a big hole in a cut grass field. Healing is going well - be back on the bike in Feb. Hope you guys have a great 2014 - hard to beat 2013 from all the great riding you guys did.

MZ
zeegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #4300
T O Double D OP
Pogue Mahone
 
T O Double D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Oddometer: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku View Post
Hit Clear Creek and Pinnacles the last 2 days. Fun times, no traffic, lots of dirt.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=944258

No water really in those streams either right now,



CH

Howdy y'all. It's been awhile. I've gotten into bikepacking (think ADV riding, but with mountain bikes) and am planning a trip down through CC. Chris it looks like the conditions are super dry down there. Was there any snow you saw at elevation? Any evidence of the fuzz? Has anybody else been down there lately?


Quote:
Originally Posted by zeegman View Post
Thanks for sharing this cool CC ride report, Chris. Also I've always wanted to hike in the Pinnacles - looks like a neat place. Can hardly wait to get out with you guys riding again. Need to heal up a collarbone first.

Mike Z
Hope you heal up good Mike. Pinnacles is awesome! I've been climbing down there a fair amount lately.

Cheers!
T O Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #4301
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by T O Double D View Post
Howdy y'all. It's been awhile. I've gotten into bikepacking (think ADV riding, but with mountain bikes) and am planning a trip down through CC. Chris it looks like the conditions are super dry down there. Was there any snow you saw at elevation? Any evidence of the fuzz? Has anybody else been down there lately?

Hope you heal up good Mike. Pinnacles is awesome! I've been climbing down there a fair amount lately.

Cheers!
Folks say to beware of New Idria - the neighboring ranch owner is trying to keep the scum out but the place just screams meth lab unfortunately. The climb up from New Idria is reaching intermediate status for motos - probably no trouble on a mountain bike.

R01 (Clear Creek Road belongs to the county and its open last I heard; not sure if the county kept Spanish/Mexican Lake Road open. There used to be a few other county roads off of Spanish Lake Rd., but best to check with the county before tempting a $700 (or is it a grand?) trespassing ticket.

BLM ranger is rare, but he does exist...
__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #4302
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer
 
chrish4ku's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: San Leandro, CA
Oddometer: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by T O Double D View Post
Howdy y'all. It's been awhile. I've gotten into bikepacking (think ADV riding, but with mountain bikes) and am planning a trip down through CC. Chris it looks like the conditions are super dry down there. Was there any snow you saw at elevation? Any evidence of the fuzz? Has anybody else been down there lately?



Cheers!

Yo ToDD- what a blast from the Past...

Clear Creek as of this RR.


Dusty: check
Dry: Check
Void of Fuzz: Check
Snow: Not a flake
ICY: in some creek crossings
__________________
_______________________
Chris
I don't normally ride on the street,,,but when I do,,I prefer lane splitting.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #4303
T O Double D OP
Pogue Mahone
 
T O Double D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Oddometer: 930
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. What's the latest with Old Hernandez? Is it still closed off? I'd hate to get there and have to peddle my happy ass ten miles back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle View Post
Folks say to beware of New Idria - the neighboring ranch owner is trying to keep the scum out but the place just screams meth lab unfortunately. The climb up from New Idria is reaching intermediate status for motos - probably no trouble on a mountain bike.

R01 (Clear Creek Road belongs to the county and its open last I heard; not sure if the county kept Spanish/Mexican Lake Road open. There used to be a few other county roads off of Spanish Lake Rd., but best to check with the county before tempting a $700 (or is it a grand?) trespassing ticket.

BLM ranger is rare, but he does exist...
I've never dealt with the Castros, but yeah I've heard from several people that they've pulled guns on or shot in the general vicinity of. They're usually at Idria on weekends, so hopefully I won't see them at all, as I'll be there mid week. We'll just haul ass through town if they're around.

And yes, I've also heard, although never confirmed it's up to a $1000 fine. I know the legal roads though, so this won't be a problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku View Post
Yo ToDD- what a blast from the Past...

Clear Creek as of this RR.


Dusty: check
Dry: Check
Void of Fuzz: Check
Snow: Not a flake
ICY: in some creek crossings
That's what I was hoping for!
T O Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #4304
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Corral de Tierra CA, Ketchum ID
Oddometer: 2,647
Hey Todd, glad you are still around. Bike camping might be fun down there?
I was just on Old Hernandez a couple of weeks ago, lots of new road closed, no trespassing signs. The bank is steep on both sides and the water is about a foot deep, read deep but narrow. there are signs at the crossing but it appears people are still going thru.
Before the CC closure I was told that you could go past Mexican lake to Juaquin rocks on a MTB, not sure now because of the Fresno Co. part of the road being closed?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #4305
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Hey Todd, glad you are still around. Bike camping might be fun down there?
I was just on Old Hernandez a couple of weeks ago, lots of new road closed, no trespassing signs. The bank is steep on both sides and the water is about a foot deep, read deep but narrow. there are signs at the crossing but it appears people are still going thru.
Before the CC closure I was told that you could go past Mexican lake to Juaquin rocks on a MTB, not sure now because of the Fresno Co. part of the road being closed?
Hey Bob,

are you sure about the county closing Mexican Lake Road? There was a sign at the turnoff from Clear Creek Road, but I wasn't sure it was a county sign since they are obviously not maintaining anything out there

Joaquin Rocks was to be a famous fellas hideout.
__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015