ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #4441
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrmark View Post
Guys, what bay area shop do you recommend for installing a new gas tank on a Kawasaki KLX250S?

Thanks!!

Mark
I'm in San Francisco. I can help you if you like. PM me.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #4442
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 3,097
Quote:
hey guys

I'm visiting Berkeley from Canada.

i'm new to bikes in general.

i want to put the IMS 3 gal tank on my KLX250S and i read there may be some fit issues...
In Berkeley here. I can help if you have the tank with you.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #4443
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,216
Quote:
hey guys

I'm visiting Berkeley from Canada.

i'm new to bikes in general.

i want to put the IMS 3 gal tank on my KLX250S and i read there may be some fit issues...
I;m in Fremont... same as everyone else, PM if you want help.
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #4444
mootsuno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Mendo Rally

Any of you that want to attend the Mendo Rally
you can now reserve your spot.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #4445
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
Definitely a possibility- I'm open as far as I know right now. Want me to just bring the Jeep and the family, or should I bring down the little bike? I still need to give some love to the pig prior to taking it out again.
4x4 ADV? I hadn't thought about that (might we get banned for even discussing this? ). I have a Nissan 4x4 that should be fine on the CCMA county roads. Maybe my family might want a tour too. Lemme ask.

I'd like to get my bike out of the garage, and at least at Clear Creek I don't have to worry about chasing you on any little bike trails...

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #4446
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle View Post
4x4 ADV? I hadn't thought about that (might we get banned for even discussing this? ). I have a Nissan 4x4 that should be fine on the CCMA county roads. Maybe my family might want a tour too. Lemme ask.

I'd like to get my bike out of the garage, and at least at Clear Creek I don't have to worry about chasing you on any little bike trails...
I think if family is involved, we can get a bye from the inmates. And don't worry about getting stuck; the big nasty on the front of the Jeep can sort you out.

Let me know and perhaps I can convince the boss for a little sight seeing.

Otherwise, I'll just bring the little bike down and we can meet somewhere and ride the rest of the way.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #4447
Mikengrace
Have KLR Go Anywhere

Oddometer: 50
Clear Creek

Hi guys. I may be interested in joining you on the 16th if you don't mind a stranger. I met SFMCjohn at Hollister Hills last weekend. Seems like you guys have a great group. I live in Hollister and want to check out the current situation in Clear Creek. I have been there many times in long ago years. I ride a KLR650 and I'm sure I won't slow you down. But, I have cancer and don't want to ride alone. Woodsxr also lives here and has shown interest in a Clear Creek ride as well. Let me know if there is any problem and what time you plan on leaving from Tres Pinos. Thanks. Mike C.
Mikengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #4448
1brunoj
bruno

Oddometer: 40
clear creek

are gentiles allowed? I would like to join u pending weather blah blah blah.
1brunoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #4449
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,434
Hell yeah, I don't care who comes. Most guys know I'm pretty laid back, but definitely up for doing something stupid.

Even if we go 4 wheel style, you guys can play around and I'll play chase/recovery vehicle if needed.

However, I'm kinda jonesing for the KTM again... I'd just need a place to park the Jeep as I don't feel like riding the little bike all the way down there. I'd get the pig in order but I just did the budget now with the mortgage, and I'm being conservative for a good while on things to let that sting wear off a bit...
Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #4450
woodsxr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
Hell yeah, I don't care who comes. Most guys know I'm pretty laid back, but definitely up for doing something stupid.

Even if we go 4 wheel style, you guys can play around and I'll play chase/recovery vehicle if needed.

However, I'm kinda jonesing for the KTM again... I'd just need a place to park the Jeep as I don't feel like riding the little bike all the way down there. I'd get the pig in order but I just did the budget now with the mortgage, and I'm being conservative for a good while on things to let that sting wear off a bit...
I could always bring the Jeep instead but I have done it before and gets kinda boring. Also My Jeep is more a trail rig. Doesn't like the road as much
woodsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #4451
LaPorte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Re: Gates on county roads at Clear Creek

I was at the San Benito County BOS meeting on March 4th. My take on what is going on with the gates is this. Rick Cooper is planning on putting up gates on either side of Clear Creek. One gate at the Jade Mill and the other on the New Idria side. A third gate already exist at Three Rocks These gate are to be installed and locked by March 14th this year, same day as the opening of Clear Creek in accordance with the ROD. The county BOS did not agree with Rick Cooper and told him that the county roads are county roads and to put his gates where the sun does not shine. Rick Cooper was telling the county BOS that there is no proof that the roads belong to the county of San Benito. With that the county BOS told Rick Cooper to bring his be shots and there attorney for a meeting with the county to see who owns those roads and in the meantime DO NOT CLOSE OR LOCK THOSE GATES. That was agree too by Rick Cooper. Just so you understand. If and When those gates go up you will need to get a permit to enter Clear Creek. BLM will give you the combination of the gate lock, I know makes no sense, plus you will be required to pay a $5 fee for the day use to the only rideable roads which are the county roads. Plus you will be allowed access to Clear Creek only 5 times a year. To obtain a permit you must go to the BLM office in Hollister and request one, Monday --Friday 8 to 5. What a bunch of shit. Plus if this happens the BLM will have your name, address and what vehicle you are using and license plate number. My guess is, if you step off the legal roads they got you and you will get a ticket In the mail.
For those of you who didn't attend the meeting, you should of, that is if you're concerned with the future of Clear Creek.

LaPorte screwed with this post 03-10-2014 at 01:16 PM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #4452
woodsxr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte View Post
I was at the San Benito County BOS meeting on March 4th. My take on what is going on with the gates is this. Rick Cooper is planning on putting up gates on either side of Clear Creek. One gate at the Jade Mill and the other on the New Idria side. A third gate already exist at Three Rocks These gate are to be installed and locked by March 14th this year, same day as the opening of Clear Creek in accordance with the ROD. The county BOS did not agree with Rick Cooper and told him that the county roads are county roads and to put his gates where the sun does not shine. Rick Cooper was telling the county BOS that there is no proof that the roads belong to the county of San Benito. With that the county BOS told Rick Cooper to bring his be shots and there attorney for a meeting with the county to see who owns those roads and in the meantime DO NOT CLOSE OR LOCK THOSE GATES. That was agree too by Rick Cooper. Just so you understand. If and When those gates go up you will need to get a permit to enter Clear Creek. BLM will give you the combination of the gate lock, I know makes no sense, plus you will be required to pay a $5 fee for the day use to the only rideable roads which are the county roads. Plus you will be allowed access to Clear Creek only 5 times a year. To obtain a permit you must go to the BLM office in Hollister and request one, Monday --Friday 8 to 5. What a bunch of shit. Plus if this happens the BLM will have your name, address and what vehicle you are using and license plate number. My guess is, if you step off the legal roads they got you and you will get a ticket I the mail.
For those of you who didn't attend the meeting, you should of, that is if you're concerned with the future of Clear Creek.
So if 1 rider gets a permit for the gate and brings 5 friends, all is good>
woodsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #4453
LaPorte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
So if 1 rider gets a permit for the gate and brings 5 friends, all is good>

Not according to the BLM, each rider is required to get their own permit. How else can that catch you!!!!! Plus it would be $5 instead of $30.

If the gates do go up, unless someone from the BLM is there watching. How do they intend to keep me from giving you the combination to the gate. What are they going do, change the combination locks every day. If they do change the locks every day then the Sawsall permit will be used.

Dumb

LaPorte screwed with this post 03-06-2014 at 10:37 AM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #4454
max2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
What happened to a government of the people, by the people, for the people....what a bunch of political bull $hit.

This crap has to stop!
2007 KTM Super Enduro - Sold - HUGE Mistake letting it go
2006 KTM Adventure S - Sold / 2007 KTM 950 Supermoto - Sold
max2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #4455
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
If the county doesn't mind and doesn't want the gates there, "they" will have them removed.