ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #31
RichardBryant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by T O Double D
Sun, Dec 6th
10am meet with KSU 10:30am

I'd like to do a mellow pace ride, but of course everyone should ride their own ride. We will start near Hollister Hills OHV area on Cienega rd. Then 198 to La Gloria, stopping for lunch at Burger Queen in Gonzales, then Metz Rd. to Bitterwater, 198 and finishing up on Old Hernandez, where there is a fun little water crossing to clean your bike up.

I'm confused. Looks like we will ride a bunch of Highway 25 not 198. Is there a GPS track for this? Thanks,
Richard
RichardBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #32
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,957
2nd on the map / gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBryant
I'm confused. Looks like we will ride a bunch of Highway 25 not 198. Is there a GPS track for this? Thanks,
Richard
i'd agree, even a simple map to see where we're going... i've never ridden this area before!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #33
missadventure
n00bie d00bie d00

Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDakaR!
Anyone going to the Dakar party tonight at SFMC?
i'll be stumbling over after happy hour...
missadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
T O Double D OP
Pogue Mahone

Oddometer: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBryant
Richard
My screw up, I did mean 25 not 198.

I couldn't get the gpx file to load here on ADV, but I got it on SBR...

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums...00#post1262400

I have purposely kept this a mainly street ride, to allow for anybody to come.

T O Double D screwed with this post 12-04-2009 at 04:30 PM
T O Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #35
luckett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by T O Double D
So ya coming now or what?
I think I'm going to pass on this one, but I'm up for running the baja 1000 race course soon. When is that ride scheduled for?
luckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #36
NatetheNewbie
TAT-Tested

Oddometer: 74
I'll watch this thread - I'm interested in anything a bit more dirt oriented.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #37
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,602
Sounds like a ton o' fun, Todd

Unfortunately, the only adventuring I'm going to be doing for awhile consists of navigating through the house on crutches. But, on the plus side my ankle is now completely metal-free

Have a great time, everyone, and please post up some photos so that I may live vicariously through your adventures!!

WoodsChick

Old 12-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #38
RickiBe
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb

Just went on a demo of the F650GS today. Yes, I loved it! Its so much more comfortable than the SV650 I'm riding now. So how happy was I to see someone wanting to start BAARC. Also, lusting after a Suzuki DR200SE or something in that range that's street legal. Dang, I'm starting to think I should have kept the house with the garage instead of moving to the big city!

Just returned from Death Valley on the SV. Dropped it a few times in Titus Canyon and once in the snow on the way up to the Charcoal Kilns. The bike faired well but I came away with a bruised knee and ego. After this trip I'm hooked and craving the lessons that undoubted will humiliate my over compensating ego. Yep, I'm a wannabe.

Hope BAARC works out for us all.
RickiBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #39
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson
I'm not a big fan of the ADVrider custom of one huge thread with a thousand posts that might or might not contain the details I'm looking for deep inside. But I'll be happy to follow this thread in case something develops and I would like to get involved in one-day rides on Saturdays if any happen. I'm trying to do my part to get something going, especially to get the newer dual sport riders to finally get their bikes into the dirt.
Todd is going to do his best to keep the 1st post updated, so we don't have to look thru 50 pages to find group rides.. if you have a ride in the bay area please pm him the details and I bet he can add it to the first post

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #40
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer: 1,519
Subscribing. I won't be able to do much riding any time soon, I buggered my knee saving an ugly tank-slapper 3 weeks ago, and probably won't be ready to ride for another 2~3 months....

But this looks like my kind of ride/route/group.
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!
Roadracer_Al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #41
M N B
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,123
Cry

My neck is messed up this morning and I can't move my head much. If it improves after moving around for a while, I'll head out, but at this point, it's pretty unlikely I'm going to make it. Don't wait for me. If I do wind up making it and you leave without me, I know where you're headed.
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #42
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickiBe
Just went on a demo of the F650GS today. Yes, I loved it! Its so much more comfortable than the SV650 I'm riding now. So how happy was I to see someone wanting to start BAARC. Also, lusting after a Suzuki DR200SE or something in that range that's street legal. Dang, I'm starting to think I should have kept the house with the garage instead of moving to the big city!

Just returned from Death Valley on the SV. Dropped it a few times in Titus Canyon and once in the snow on the way up to the Charcoal Kilns. The bike faired well but I came away with a bruised knee and ego. After this trip I'm hooked and craving the lessons that undoubted will humiliate my over compensating ego. Yep, I'm a wannabe.

Hope BAARC works out for us all.
Is your SV a naked model or an "S" model? I've found my naked 650 to be very capable off-road. I've got fat knobbies on my SM610 that will fit the SV and I've been tempted to throw them on there and take it out to the TT track at Hollister or something...just for fun It has saved many a dualsport ride as a very willing back-up/loaner/spare

WoodsChick

Old 12-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #43
RickiBe
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsChick
Is your SV a naked model or an "S" model? I've found my naked 650 to be very capable off-road. I've got fat knobbies on my SM610 that will fit the SV and I've been tempted to throw them on there and take it out to the TT track at Hollister or something...just for fun It has saved many a dualsport ride as a very willing back-up/loaner/spare

WoodsChick
Hey WoodsChick,

I have a 07 Naked that can be seen here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=83

I am very interested in the tires you mention. Please pm me with the specifics. Also, looking to join rides with other friendly local female riders.

RickiBe
RickiBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #44
RichardBryant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Fun ride today on 12/6

Todd did a great job of leanding three of us around the south county area. It was a little cold and just a touch of rain at the end of the day but great fun. I posted some pics on SBR. If someone writes a ride report feel free to use them.
RichardBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #45
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickiBe
Hey WoodsChick,

I have a 07 Naked that can be seen here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=83

I am very interested in the tires you mention. Please pm me with the specifics. Also, looking to join rides with other friendly local female riders.

RickiBe
Nice! Nice to see the SV getting out and about, no matter what kind of tires it has

Here's mine on the Bald Mt OHV Trail ...

WoodsChick