ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #4846
vagabondmatt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Hi MV - I've actually been following that thread! But unfortunately I am out of town on those dates...otherwise I'd definitely be joining in on that action. do let me know if anything like it materializes in the future! Cheers
Old 08-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #4847
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabondmatt View Post
Hi MV - I've actually been following that thread! But unfortunately I am out of town on those dates...otherwise I'd definitely be joining in on that action. do let me know if anything like it materializes in the future! Cheers
All right. If that's the way it has to be, I suppose we'll all just have to ride around in the Sierras twice! Just let us get through this trip, and then we'll start on another plan...

MV
Old 08-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #4848
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M N B View Post
Figures
Hey M N B... Did you just go for a ride with Tyler? Leave Shaver Lake, lunch stop at Hume? Something about your name seems familiar...

MV
Old 08-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #4849
1brunoj
bruno

Oddometer: 40
Rubicon

Planning on exploring Rubicon from Loon Lake to little sluice (probably won't make it all the way there).

Will be at Loon Lake staging area 10 am Wed 8/20 low skill rider

Any one who wants to join in show up

Bruno
1brunoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #4850
M N B
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Hey M N B... Did you just go for a ride with Tyler? Leave Shaver Lake, lunch stop at Hume? Something about your name seems familiar...

MV
Yup, I was on that ride on my F800GS.
2007 HD Road King FLHR
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #4851
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M N B View Post
Yup, I was on that ride on my F800GS.
Ok, then we did talk to you. We were the locals on dual sports. If you're up for dirt on the F800GS, next time we can take you a different way between Shaver and Hume. More dirt, more snakes, occasionally more paranormal activity...

MV
Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #4852
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brunoj View Post
Planning on exploring Rubicon from Loon Lake to little sluice (probably won't make it all the way there).

Will be at Loon Lake staging area 10 am Wed 8/20 low skill rider

Any one who wants to join in show up

Bruno
Oh man, we've got plans this weekend otherwise I'd totally do that with you. What are you riding? Want to push back a couple weeks and I'd roll up there with you.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #4853
1brunoj
bruno

1987 Honda TLR 200, sorry can't push date. Wed too convenient, Tahoe after; like I said low skilled conservative rider, may be watching the crawlers do stuff I can't
Old 08-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #4854
Benduro
None more black.

Oddometer: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
I heard that 18 was inside.
Before 18 became my girlfriend, I was on my way to her house and stopped to snap this pic for her. Got pretty major points on that one.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #4855
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brunoj View Post
1987 Honda TLR 200, sorry can't push date. Wed too convenient, Tahoe after; like I said low skilled conservative rider, may be watching the crawlers do stuff I can't
Bummer. Next time. It's a goal of mine to do the Rubicon on 2 wheels. We've run it a few times so I kinda know the trail, but that's always been in Jeeps. Still trying to see if we can get a family trip through this year...

Have fun, and if you consider yourself low skill and have no qualms about the Rubicon, I'd hate to see what you consider hard.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #4856
1brunoj
bruno

I know when to fold em, know when to run
Old 08-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #4857
M N B
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Ok, then we did talk to you. We were the locals on dual sports. If you're up for dirt on the F800GS, next time we can take you a different way between Shaver and Hume. More dirt, more snakes, occasionally more paranormal activity...

MV
Hey, I remember you! Sounds fun. :)

Seeing what you two were riding, maybe I should prioritizing getting my TE610 fixed up... (nothing major, just lack of time really)

I doubt the 70 mile range of my TE310 is adequate.
2007 HD Road King FLHR
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #4858
1brunoj
bruno

Rubicon +

Rubicon adventure; Went there, got lost several times, Thought I might be on trail o nite (tired, lost, maybe break ankle, over active mind) ran out of energy could not stand up as much as needed, luckily my bike has a seat (conserved energy where I could) lit bike up too many times to set up run at rock, lucky starter worked well (electric would be better), no flats or mech problems ran out of water, did not meet anyone on trail , did not get very far (little sluice ....not) don't go alone, make sure others know where u went and when u should confirming ok, Had dead done deal the right bike for me. If I tried this 9 mos ago when was a young punk (76) it would have been ........ Will try again Yahoo

South Shore: Power line trail. Starts @ OHV park ends outside of park (saddle rd), lot of side trails, easy for me to get lost. Single track fit for bicycles, hikers, bears; easy fun through woods single track rode TLR 200 ran across bicyclist who said trail not 4 motorcycles, asked more questions than he should have. Told him no signs 4 motorcycles; signs for ski mobiles, quads, skis, skate boards. It really was a fun little trail. Will try to find out what penalty for catching me on trail and how defined to public. South Lake Tahoe is really picky many bicyclist who believe others do no have a reason to live ditto hikers or land owners who not into sharing the wealth
Old 08-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #4859
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,733
1brunoj--you sound a little....delirious, not that there's anything wrong with that. Sounds like you had an adventure. When you've recovered, some more detail would be cool.

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #4860
1brunoj
bruno

Details???? The Rubicon u have to be there I can't describe it. It is definitely worth doing/exploring. KTM 990's do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvSQFB_JfA I was on a 1987 Honda TLR 200, which is a better choice for me, but don't get lost, bring water, energy, partner.