User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #16
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892

That looks like a GREAT suit!!

I'm adding this to the list of potential Rallye 2 Pro replacements. (I'm not going to buy the Rallye 3. )

But I tell ya'... Klim's gotta get a better model for their gear.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #17
osteo OP
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99
That's one of the best suits I've ever seen. Love the neck brace cover option, etc

But I have to agree that's one steep price!

Hey Osteo, classic photo's of ya , lol, you trying to make me laugh in this one?

haha!, it was the wife taking the pic's and she was being a bit of a joker!, so I had to reply in said fashion

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
dwayne
Silly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,370
For the price naysayers, the price is in $CDN, as already stated. Just as a point of refrence...up here we pay a little less than $2000 CDN for a BMW RP2suit. I paid $400 for my Olympia Bushwacker.

This Klim suit looks like is has NO compromises, and is absoute top of the line. This is not in the same league as Olympia or even Aerostich or Motoport. This is a Rally/Race suit as much as a touring suit. While it may be more than you require, it still looks to be a fair price for the quality/technology.

There will always be products that folks can't afford/arn't willing to pay for this level of product (myself included), but that's not a reason for insulting a manufacture of what looks to be a superior product. Not to mention Klim seems to be one of the few manufactures that pay any serious attention to the Dual Sport/Enduro market.

As for the carrying harness, if you look at it as a race suit, there is a list of things that rally racers are required to carry on their person, including a fair amount of water. The purpose of the harness is more about stabilizing the load and 12-18 hour day comfort than it is about carring lots of stuff.

That d30 armor looks pretty neat (and expensive). A real advantage for a racer (see above), but who knows, if the demand is there perhaps they will offer the suit at a lower price point with a more standard style of CE armor.

A "Day" of Dirt Biking Rockies East Slopes
High and Dry Colorado and Utah

"When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #19
ThumperDRZ
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
I think the d30 armor adds a lot of cost....polymer based soft armor that hardens at impact....a few of the 2010 First Gear jackets (Rainier is one)have it and they are up over the $400 mark which is high for a First Gear product.....but that d30 looks promising for protection.

http://www.d3o.com/products.php

Scroll down for MC related stuff

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #20
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne
For the price naysayers, the price is in $CDN, as already stated. Just as a point of refrence...up here we pay a little less than $2000 CDN for a BMW RP2suit. I paid $400 for my Olympia Bushwacker.

This Klim suit looks like is has NO compromises, and is absoute top of the line. This is not in the same league as Olympia or even Aerostich or Motoport. This is a Rally/Race suit as much as a touring suit. While it may be more than you require, it still looks to be a fair price for the quality/technology.

There will always be products that folks can't afford/arn't willing to pay for this level of product (myself included), but that's not a reason for insulting a manufacture of what looks to be a superior product. Not to mention Klim seems to be one of the few manufactures that pay any serious attention to the Dual Sport/Enduro market.

As for the carrying harness, if you look at it as a race suit, there is a list of things that rally racers are required to carry on their person, including a fair amount of water. The purpose of the harness is more about stabilizing the load and 12-18 hour day comfort than it is about carring lots of stuff.

That d30 armor looks pretty neat (and expensive). A real advantage for a racer (see above), but who knows, if the demand is there perhaps they will offer the suit at a lower price point with a more standard style of CE armor.

agreed with the above.

While I will never pay 2000 plus$$ for a riding suit, the great thing about this suit is that over time the design concepts will trickle down into more affordable riding gear.
A beautiful piece of equipment!!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyandjebus
agreed with the above.

While I will never pay 2000 plus$$ for a riding suit, the great thing about this suit is that over time the design concepts will trickle down into more affordable riding gear.
A beautiful piece of equipment!!
Word on the streets says June 1 for availability, and we will be all over this one. The pack harness feature addresses a huge annoyance for me....my pack, full of tubes, water, some tools, food, etc. weighs a ton and wears on me. Plus it acts as a big counter-weight, and makes it really hard to move around on the bike.

The price does make me dizzy, but any product that advances the tech of an entire category is welcome, it always ends up being better for riders.

Availability will be limited, I understand.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,069
That's some nice gear.

But at that price point, is it 3 times better than many other choices, at one third the cost?

Hard to say, but unless I win the lotto, someone else gets to beta test this stuff.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #23
Snuffy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,084
That jacket looks sweet but way out of my price range. Bummer.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 795

Awesome. BUT...for serious offroading, most people I know like to use a "pressure suit" anyway so that the armor does not move around during a get-off. I am not sure those folks would be willing to shell out for something like this jacket with built in armor that would seemingly be a compromise from their pressure suit.

Wonder if they would make a version without armor?

LEATT compatability! 'bout time a real jacket accomodates that. My Desertika is ok, but it's just a shell.

for the 2000000005th time. It's pricey.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #25
TwoShots
Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux

Awesome. BUT...for serious offroading, most people I know like to use a "pressure suit" anyway so that the armor does not move around during a get-off.
That's the truth.

It looks like another touring suit with too many pockets created more for the wanna-be McGregors/Boormans.

Perhaps if I buy one I can sit in my garage and take myself too seriously. Like this guy:

"The Science of Adventure?" Oooooooooo..... let's ponder that.

Let's not.
TwoShots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #26
Kapp555
Better to be Offroad!

Oddometer: 671
I could buy a nicely kitted DS for that! Certainly a DR or a KLR. That price is ludicrous! Thats $2366 USD!!
Kapp555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #27
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Thanks for the write-up and pics osteo!
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #28
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
And for the price of a KLR I could buy a couple of my bikes. Your point? There are all types of products at all sorts of price ranges.

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #29
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,262
Looks like a very nice suit. It has 'long' sizes for the pants? Me likey.
It's a boatload of money, but if it lives up to the marketing, it could be worth it. It does have the latest and supposedly greatest technology in it: the Gore ziplocs and the hardening bubble armor, two features that have pushed prices up at other brands as well.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #30
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoShots
That's the truth.

It looks like another touring suit with too many pockets created more for the wanna-be McGregors/Boormans.

Perhaps if I buy one I can sit in my garage and take myself too seriously. Like this guy:

"The Science of Adventure?" Oooooooooo..... let's ponder that.

Let's not.
How fitting the guy is sitting on a Beemer

I'm sure it's a beautiful bit of kit but one good off and it's knackered. There are much cheaper alternatives that offer the same level of protection and features.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote