ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #16141
MotoMujer
Adventurette
 
MotoMujer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
thanks everyone.........and to think I dropped clown coin just to scare Stacy


Now how is someone supposed to take you to be a scary clown with those sandals on?
__________________
Priors: 73 CB500, 06 F650GS. Next: work in progress.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #16142
Todd34
Toubab
 
Todd34's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Dakar
Oddometer: 892
Well played Brenda. Very well played!
Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #16143
Pomo
gonzo
 
Pomo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: El Desierto, NM
Oddometer: 609
So Scotty, I take it you were unable to resist once you got to twist the throttle.

Next time you get some vacation bring that thing out here and we can do some REAL desert riding.
__________________
Stubborn and Stupid

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #16144
DCrider
Live from THE Hill
 
DCrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 4,020
Everyone step away from the orange koolaid before we have another victim

Scotty must I remind you of where your ADV heart really is, those Austrians are sexy but they'll break your heart everytime Come back to the KLR fold, our arms are ready and open

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. matteeanne View Post
Ten things you never hear a KLR rider say...
"I'm out of Gas"

"My TourTech order should be arriving by FedEx any day"

"Harbor Freight Tools are too cheap"

"Did you see that wheely?"

"I added carbon fiber"

"Does this milk crate make my ass look big?"

"I went in for my service interval and it only cost $2000.00"

"My final drive blew"

"Wanna Race?"

"I can't find parts"

YMMV
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812731
__________________
ADV'ing from America's fine Crapital...
DCrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #16145
goosecreek
a desk prop
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: chauffeuring the kids
Oddometer: 2,288
After Eric's wheelies and seeing the picture of the lady rescuing him I want a klr. Hey clown is that thing for sale?
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #16146
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Some of the best roads in the east..
Oddometer: 27,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
Now how is someone supposed to take you to be a scary clown with those sandals on?
Have you seen the clown's feet up close !!!
They are very scary !!!





__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~
If it don't fit make alterations

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #16147
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 12,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
Now how is someone supposed to take you to be a scary clown with those sandals on?
You weren't supose to see those

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrider View Post
Everyone step away from the orange koolaid before we have another victim

Scotty must I remind you of where your ADV heart really is, those Austrians are sexy but they'll break your heart everytime Come back to the KLR fold, our arms are ready and open
I haven't left.........I still luv the KLR. Sorry Goose, NO it's not for sale
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #16148
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 12,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Have you seen the clown's feet up close !!!
They are very scary !!!





Now that was just mean.......
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #16149
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Some of the best roads in the east..
Oddometer: 27,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
Now that was just mean.......

There Better ....
__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~
If it don't fit make alterations

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #16150
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Oddometer: 3,737
Smart Phones....cross post

Hey gang....through careful manipulation and persistence I have convinced my employer to get me
a new smart phone...our carrier is AT&T. I'm looking at either the Samsung Galaxy S III or Iphone 4S.
I know the new Iphone 5 is coming in Sept......

How is the AT&T coverage in your area? I'm leaning towards the Samsung but could go either way...

Any thoughts, criticisms, gripes, tips or other info. from users of that carrier and/or those phones?

Thanks
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #16151
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 12,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomo View Post
So Scotty, I take it you were unable to resist once you got to twist the throttle.

Next time you get some vacation bring that thing out here and we can do some REAL desert riding.
Hmmmmmm
__________________
ADVers are out of control and that's their charm, they don't line up, they don't have standards they follow, each and every one does their own thing. They know how to ride free - BugSister.
Jax mediocre photo thread
20% Smugmug discount coupon
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #16152
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomo View Post
So Scotty, I take it you were unable to resist once you got to twist the throttle.

Next time you get some vacation bring that thing out here and we can do some REAL desert riding.
If you timed it right you guys could make it out to Death Valley for the DV n00bs ride and still have time to visit Pomo and get in a ton of desert riding!

I say visit Pomo last because he is going to take you out and REALLY hurt you. A two/three day ride home you might be half way healed up so you can head back to work.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #16153
goosecreek
a desk prop
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: chauffeuring the kids
Oddometer: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Hmmmmmm
What he said!
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #16154
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 12,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Hey gang....through careful manipulation and persistence I have convinced my employer to get me
a new smart phone...our carrier is AT&T. I'm looking at either the Samsung Galaxy S III or Iphone 4S.
I know the new Iphone 5 is coming in Sept......

How is the AT&T coverage in your area? I'm leaning towards the Samsung but could go either way...

Any thoughts, criticisms, gripes, tips or other info. from users of that carrier and/or those phones?

Thanks
Just my opinion but AT&T sucks most places. Verizon/Droid
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #16155
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 12,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
If you timed it right you guys could make it out to Death Valley for the DV n00bs ride and still have time to visit Pomo and get in a ton of desert riding!

I say visit Pomo last because he is going to take you out and REALLY hurt you. A two/three day ride home you might be half way healed up so you can head back to work.
You're just trouble
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014