ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #16246
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,204
Denis, check out KTM Parts house for great prices on parts.

http://www.ktmpartshouse.com/catalog_mfg.asp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.

Scotty P screwed with this post 08-09-2012 at 07:23 PM
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #16247
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
I've been having a hankerin for good coffee lately........maybe I should buy a Beemer so I can hang at Starbucks.
F/U. Dunkin.... Well, no pic, but mine was at a Tim Horton... No Starbucks. Their coffee is burnt. Oh, it has also been seen at Sheetz......

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #16248
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,349

Try this link for the Google Valley calendar.

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...Z29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

AFAIK, only HBN and I can edit the calendar but anyone should be able to read it.

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67

6USMC6 screwed with this post 08-09-2012 at 04:20 PM
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #16249
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

WOW, I spend 3 days in chigger heaven and no problems......I go and water my manicured weed bed and zap.
Quote:
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #16250
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,349
I don't think they're chiggers Scott. More like some alien entity that grows in goosecreek's beer leavings! I must have 20 bites and they just keep getting worse!

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:26 AM   #16251
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,833
Quote:
Denis, check out KTM Parts house for great prices on parts.

http://www.ktmpartshouse.com/catalog_mfg.asp
Thanks Scott, looks like a good resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
I don't think they're chiggers Scott. More like some alien entity that grows in goosecreek's beer leavings! I must have 20 bites and they just keep getting worse!
Ditto here.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #16252
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,926
Quote:
I go and water my manicured weed bed and zap.
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #16253
SM DUCK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM DUCK View Post
FROM JIM HYDE:

Hi folks,

I am writing to make you aware of a special event we have coming up in two weeks… Its our one and only “Adventure Bike Nite” in the Mid - Atlantic region this summer.

You may remember that last month, RawHyde hosted a string of “Adventure Bike Nights” in the Southern States; and now we’re excited to be at the Ruddy Duck Brewery and Grill in Dowell, Maryland on August 15th for an evening of Adventure Camaraderie. We have a great connection to the Ruddy Duck because my friend Carlos Yanez ( a fellow adventure rider) is the owner and those of you who attended our Mines & Meadows Rally a while back may remember the selection of Ruddy Duck Brews being served at the Dakar Bar. ( Its very, very good stuff)…

So…. the RawHyde Road Crew—Lance & Shawn—will be at the Ruddy Duck on the 15th at 6:00pm with a truck and trailer full of Adventure bikes, gear, apparel and equipment. This is part of the ADV Life program we launched a few months ago… We want to continue spreading the word about the world of Adventure Riding! We will provide free food and drinks, talk bikes and equipment, and have a Raffle at the end of the night with some really cool prizes… (grin)! This will be a fun night… Please join us.

The grand prize in the raffle will be a free pass to our “Adventure Camp” in California. This prize will be awarded to the person who has traveled the furthest to join us. Please register for the prizes when you show up.

Here are the specifics:

ADVENTURE Bike Night – Dowell, Maryland -Wednesday, August 15th @ 6:00pm at:

Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill
13200 Dowell Rd.
Dowell, Maryland 20629
www.ruddyduckbrewery.com

For more info, Contact:

Shawn Thomas – RawHyde Adventures
(661) 993-1586
shawn.thomas@rawhyde-offroad.com

Carlos Yanez – Ruddy Duck
(410) 394-3825
carlos@ruddyduckbrewery.com

If you’re able to make it, we'd love to have you come by to say hi and bring your bike with you. If we have our way, the entire parking lot of the Ruddy Duck will be cram-packed with Adventure bikes… Come and show your support… Bring some friends, have some food and drink with us, and have a good time…

That’s it for now folks, hope you can make it to Maryland… Cheers, Jim Hyde

SEE YOU AT THE DUCK!!! CARLOS
I’d like to make a correction to one aspect of the email and that’s regarding our “raffles” of cool prizes etc. I mentioned that a free pass to our Adventure Camp program would be “raffled” to the person who came the longest way to join the event… and someone noted that takes away all the incentive for those of you who live locally. He was right… So – I’ll enrich the offer J

We will offer up not one… buy two free training classes… one for “raffle”…. And also one for the person who travels the farthest to come see us. the entire RawHyde Team and I have been on the Continental Divide trail with a group of customers… we’ve been riding 200 – 300 miles a day through the back country of New Mexicom Colorado and Wyoming. The days have been long and riding all day, and catching up on email at night makes for mistakes every now and then. I hope to see you at the Ruddy Duck… All the best, Jim Hyde
SM DUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #16254
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM DUCK View Post
I’d like to make a correction to one aspect of the email and that’s regarding our “raffles” of cool prizes etc. I mentioned that a free pass to our Adventure Camp program would be “raffled” to the person who came the longest way to join the event… and someone noted that takes away all the incentive for those of you who live locally. He was right… So – I’ll enrich the offer J

We will offer up not one… buy two free training classes… one for “raffle”…. And also one for the person who travels the farthest to come see us. the entire RawHyde Team and I have been on the Continental Divide trail with a group of customers… we’ve been riding 200 – 300 miles a day through the back country of New Mexicom Colorado and Wyoming. The days have been long and riding all day, and catching up on email at night makes for mistakes every now and then. I hope to see you at the Ruddy Duck… All the best, Jim Hyde
I do not want to be the ass here but are you gonna post just ads? I like those guys to but we might want to know more about you. What are your goals, your dreams , the color of your eyes, have you ever helped a friend hide a body, when and where was your first kiss, have you any phobias, does the curtains match the carpet? All biz and no play makes jack a dull boy. Give up some info besides biz talk.
Have you any stickers on your bike?

bloochdog screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 12:37 PM
bloochdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #16255
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,860

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #16256
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

Laugh

Plus one
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #16257
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

Goose C., You were asking about KTM seats......We I just put on the third one I had and it is real nice compared to stock and Enduro Engineering soft tall. Review of the PO's ad states it is a "Seat Concept" Dual Sport seat for $160. Now I just road it up and down the street but I think this one is a winner.

OBTW that may have been the price with the PO sending in his seat pan....Duhno. I'll go take some measurements and see how much wider it is and post up.

Edit: 2 of seats taper up to 6" across where you sit and the Seat Concept measured 8".......big dif in comfort.
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #16258
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 4,934
The Seat Concepts seat is a kit. They send you the foam & cover and you put it on your seat pan yourself. Their DRZ seat comes in a 1" lower then stock height also. I haven't ordered one yet but it's on my list. It gets good reviews on the DRZ forums.

Seat Concepts website.
There is no odometer when it comes to pie - VACommuter
20% credit Smug Mug coupon
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #16259
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

Let me know if you have the staple gun.........I need to recover a torn one.
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #16260
Nick650
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
I donot want to be the ass here but are you gonna post just ads? I like those guys to but we might want to know more about you. What are your goals, your dreams , the color of your eyes, have you ever helped a friend hide a body, when and where was your first kiss, have you any phobias, does the curtains match the carpet? All biz and no play makes jack a dull boy. Give up some info besides biz talk.
Have you any stickers on your bike? - Blootchdog

Loftus, how do you come up with this stuff? Thanks for the laughs !
Nick650 is offline   Reply With Quote