ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #21436
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE
 
REAPER_ONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mica View Post
Wasn't the BMW 'winner' the one you said you liked the best?
I can pick a winner... As you saw, there were some impressive art work. And then this... 1922 bike was the oldest there and in collecting the trophy, rode up and down the fairgrounds. Very impressive.



__________________
WORK PAGE
REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #21437
Scotty P OP
Funny Like a Clown
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 13,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom c View Post
You are my hero! See you next week at BWDR my friend.
Roger that........see you at the end of the week.

"Rocket Scientist"....You crack me up
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #21438
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss
 
6USMC6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: The "Upper" Valley of the Shenandoah.
Oddometer: 4,710
Scotty -

The Moran's are famous!

This was a comment posted to a story on Fox:

popdaddy • 13 hours ago
The Texas Department of Public Safety issues all Amber Alerts, missing old farts and the like in Texas. Maybe it would be a good thing if all states cut back some on their dependence on the Federal government and took charge of their rights granted in the 10th Amendment.
Good grief, the longer the Obama regime continues their '17%Federal shut down' the more Federal government waste is exposed. Boehner needs to leverage the scale of needed Federal reductions in any future conversations about BUDGETING with The Moran and his little wimp Dirty Harry.
__________________
Mike -

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #21439
Todd34
Toubab
 
Todd34's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Dakar
Oddometer: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA_PILOT View Post

My next bike... no really



My next bike's back side... she has a narrow ass



Hey, I had something like that



And it had a narrow ass as well1



My favorites...


And I REALLY want one of those!
Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #21440
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 2,390
Meanwhile in Russia:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #21441
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE
 
REAPER_ONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 3,166
Todd did you like it? I'm now looking at the R12S 0-60 in 3.3sec
__________________
WORK PAGE
REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #21442
Todd34
Toubab
 
Todd34's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Dakar
Oddometer: 1,011
Lance,
I loved looking at it and it was a lot of fun for short trips but I wanted something for the commute to San Diego. I added barbacks and tried to use it as a sport tourer. It didn't work out so well. That's why you see the FJR in the pic. After getting married and before I bought those two, I learned the hard way that you never sell a bike until the replacement is sitting next to it in the garage.
Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #21443
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd34 View Post
Lance,
I loved looking at it and it was a lot of fun for short trips but I wanted something for the commute to San Diego. I added barbacks and tried to use it as a sport tourer. It didn't work out so well. That's why you see the FJR in the pic. After getting married and before I bought those two, I learned the hard way that you never sell a bike until the replacement is sitting next to it in the garage.
The way I now say it is, 'You never wreck a bike...'
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #21444
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE
 
REAPER_ONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd34 View Post
Lance,
I loved looking at it and it was a lot of fun for short trips but I wanted something for the commute to San Diego. I added barbacks and tried to use it as a sport tourer. It didn't work out so well. That's why you see the FJR in the pic. After getting married and before I bought those two, I learned the hard way that you never sell a bike until the replacement is sitting next to it in the garage.
I only know these 4 words... And get divorced twice then it is easy to love looking at it and girls are fun for short trips .

For all the Lurkers... Please do not emulate those remarks... You may become too happy
__________________
WORK PAGE
REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #21445
tom c
WWTCDWWJD?
 
tom c's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: DDB country (DE)
Oddometer: 3,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
Roger that........see you at the end of the week.

"Rocket Scientist"....You crack me up
Dr. Rocket Scientist if you please.

Remind me to do the S500 next year.
tom c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #21446
TRIPPEEE
ugh!
 
TRIPPEEE's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Smibville, MD
Oddometer: 30
S500

It was good to finally meat some of you FFs at the S500. The whole weekend was a great time. Scott and Kevin had me belly laughing around the campfire. Skippee showed us the A route the second day. He can attest I am NOT a fast rider. Left a couple bike parts and my pride at Union Springs. My license plate # is now just 8.

I can't remember everyone's name or handle but I'll try to keep up around here and make a few more rides. I still got half a handle of shine to pawn off on you fools.

Scott - Thanks for the soup and gasoline. That made for some hellish exhaust for my bike and me. That seriously was some of the best bean soup I've ever had.

Skippee - Thanks for waiting for my slow ass at all the turns. Did you get your bike sorted?
TRIPPEEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #21447
mica
Weekend Adventurer
 
mica's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: State of Discontent
Oddometer: 2,556
Quote:
Skippee - Thanks for waiting for my slow ass at all the turns. Did you get your bike sorted?
__________________
By “you” I mean me. – Dynamick
mica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #21448
mtgraves
n00b
 
mtgraves's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Southern Maryland
Oddometer: 4
Like Trippee said, awesome time at the S500. Big thanks to Scott and Kevin and everyone else for the hospitality and tons of laughs ! Also thanks to Skippii for letting us tag along on Sunday. I've never ridden so many rocks before, but it was a blast. Definitely going to put it on the calendar for next year and I might even have to find my own bike to ride so I can stop beating up on Trippees DRZ.
mtgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #21449
H14
I Gotta Go!
 
H14's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Oddometer: 5,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPPEEE View Post
It was good to finally meat some of you FFs at the S500. The whole weekend was a great time. Scott and Kevin had me belly laughing around the campfire. Skippee showed us the A route the second day. He can attest I am NOT a fast rider. Left a couple bike parts and my pride at Union Springs. My license plate # is now just 8.

I can't remember everyone's name or handle but I'll try to keep up around here and make a few more rides. I still got half a handle of shine to pawn off on you fools.

Scott - Thanks for the soup and gasoline. That made for some hellish exhaust for my bike and me. That seriously was some of the best bean soup I've ever had.

Skippee - Thanks for waiting for my slow ass at all the turns. Did you get your bike sorted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgraves View Post
Like Trippee said, awesome time at the S500. Big thanks to Scott and Kevin and everyone else for the hospitality and tons of laughs ! Also thanks to Skippii for letting us tag along on Sunday. I've never ridden so many rocks before, but it was a blast. Definitely going to put it on the calendar for next year and I might even have to find my own bike to ride so I can stop beating up on Trippees DRZ.
Good times sitting around the fire with you guys. If you think that was fun you should check everybody out at the BWDR campout next weekend.
__________________
http://www.crazyfoxcoffee.com/ Discount code ADV
"IF Comcast was a baby I would shake it."-Bloochdog
H14 and Campcook wandering aimlessly 2-up
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #21450
Scotty P OP
Funny Like a Clown
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 13,728
Glad you guys had a good time.

I hope you two can make it out again this weekend...........BWDR will be a hoot!

OBTW, guess what I used for a fire starter in the morning??
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015