ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #27526
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 12,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
I have run several Full Bore rears in 150/70, decent price point tire, but I've never been able to get much more than 4000 out of them which is not that good these days.
I've gotton almost 12k out of the Anakee 2s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #27527
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,119
Holee balls. Scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
Did the Michaux DS Ride on Sunday. Not very big bike friendly in my book but a good event none the less. First time ever, I rolled the hack. I got pinned under the bike with the sidecar pointing straight up. Fellow riders quickly came to my rescue. Misjudged the camber as I tried to quickly get out of faster riders' way. Would have made a great picture but it hurt too much to think that quickly. Meaty part of the calf was squeezed between the luggage rack and the ground with the full weight of the bike and vertical hack on it. Will leave a nice bruise. Most of the woods trails were gated and had DS motorcycle entry slots. Made it interesting with the rig. A few I got around, some I had to bypass, one I got in but couldn't get out the other end so unfortunately I had to "bushwack". One I had help from a few riders and we lifted half the rig over rocks to get out. Took an A option by mistake. dropped down to single track between thick pine sapplings. I barely got her turned around to backtrack out of that one. They did have donuts in the morning, a nice lunch in the middle, and ice cream at the finish. AND I won a set of tools. I'll have to rethink next year though...

VAC
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #27528
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

VAC keeping secrets...........I didn't even know there was a DS ride.
Quote:
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #27529
JaxObsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty P View Post
VAC keeping secrets...........I didn't even know there was a DS ride.
Every year there is a dualsport and an enduro in Michaux... I havn't had the balls to do either.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #27530
Scotty P OP
Funny like a Moran

What?..............she wouldn't let you have them back for just one afternoon?
Quote:
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #27531
JaxObsessed

Quote:
Hells no. keeps em in a box too high for me to reach.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #27532
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,401
Quote:
Nope. She's on her period.
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #27533
JaxObsessed

Old 08-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #27534
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,401
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #27535
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,442
Quote:
Did the Michaux DS Ride on Sunday. Not very big bike friendly in my book but a good event none the less. First time ever, I rolled the hack. I got pinned under the bike with the sidecar pointing straight up. Fellow riders quickly came to my rescue. Misjudged the camber as I tried to quickly get out of faster riders' way. Would have made a great picture but it hurt too much to think that quickly. Meaty part of the calf was squeezed between the luggage rack and the ground with the full weight of the bike and vertical hack on it. Will leave a nice bruise. Most of the woods trails were gated and had DS motorcycle entry slots. Made it interesting with the rig. A few I got around, some I had to bypass, one I got in but couldn't get out the other end so unfortunately I had to "bushwack". One I had help from a few riders and we lifted half the rig over rocks to get out. Took an A option by mistake. dropped down to single track between thick pine sapplings. I barely got her turned around to backtrack out of that one. They did have donuts in the morning, a nice lunch in the middle, and ice cream at the finish. AND I won a set of tools. I'll have to rethink next year though...

VAC
So far a Joe Rocket jacket, Klim jacket, Klim pants, and a set of tools. You didn't win this stuff you earned them.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #27536
PachmanP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:

VAC
Howdy. I was the rider in that group who was mostly useless getting the hack up off ya. Saw the SMIB sticker and was wondering if I'd see a report... Glad it was just bruising.

Was a good time overall, but definitely not big bike friendly. First time there and was thinking of doing it on my wee; that would have been a terrible idea. Was able to borrow a tw200 which made it a fun day, but the option labeling was maybe a little optimistic...
PachmanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #27537
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
PachmanP, thanks again for the assist. I'm glad you left the part out about me screaming like a little girl. Would have made a hell of a picture. I think the bike was actually still in gear and running. Next year maybe I'll just show for the food, t-shirt, and prizes.

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #27538
Creekgeek
Custom Sarcasm Dir.

Oddometer: 672
Yeah, but was there PIe at the Michaux?
Creekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #27539
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
No pie, but they did have donuts, crumb cake, and ice cream sundays. Almost makes up for the lack of pie and beating I took.

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #27540
JaxObsessed

http://www.moto8.com/forum.php?mod=v...318856&page=23

Some funny shit here.