Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,557
H4 conversion for Trail Tech Racelight....

Details as follows:

Price $115.00 shipped in the US.

Contact me for shipping outside the US and I will get a cost.

What you get,,,, Mounting adaptor lazer cut from 1/8" 6061 aluminum and powder coated black
Stainless steel hardware
Hella H4 reflector
H4 bulb.
Rubber boot for the bulb.
Assembled and ready to install in your Trail Tech Racelight bracket.

Depending on the bike, you may need an H4 plug, female spade connectors or possibly nothing for wiring.

Payment,,,, I'll accept Paypal, money orders or cash.
Paypal address is; wood_too@hotmail.com (underscore between wood and too)

You can email me at the same address or PM me here on ADV. Please include both real name and screen name in correspondence.

And lastly, include a note where you got this info as I will pass on a couple dollars from each sale to that forum.

Finished product:

What's in the box:

H4 wiring:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been working on this for a while and I'm right at the point of getting the parts cut. Curious to what the masses think and how many people would be interested in having this setup.

This will be an H4 conversion for the TrailTech 8" Racelight. The conversion will allow you to remove the 4 screws holding the original light in place and using the same screws install the conversion. Should take less than 2 minutes. This will allow you to use the 8" light for your offroading on the weekends and then during the week when using the bike on the street have the abillity for hi/low beams.

You will be able to use the H4 bulb of your choice or even install an HID unit. I have a standard Sylvania 55/60 H4 installed in the following pics.

Consider that the following pics show the prototype and not the finished product.

Low beam....

Hi beam....

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs

Boatman screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 03:05 PM
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,579
Nice!

I think it will be a success. I have been looking for something like this for a while.

What does the kit come with? H4 bulb, H/L projector and adapter ring I'm guessing?

What's the price?

Thanks, Dan
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig
Nice!

I think it will be a success. I have been looking for something like this for a while.

What does the kit come with? H4 bulb, H/L projector and adapter ring I'm guessing?

What's the price?

Thanks, Dan

I know I have heard quite few people wishing the the Racelight came in a hi/low version.

The kit will include the adaptor assembly and the reflector (projector as you call it). It will be your choice of how you want to illuminate it as everyone will want something different so there is no sense in including the bulb. You can get an $8 H4 from Wallyworld or use a $150 HID.

The light is Hella so it's a quality unit.

Another point to make here is that say for some reason the light get broken, you can install a $10 sealed beam to get you going until you replace the broken light.

I'm still working out pricing and this thread will help me with that, the more I can sell the more cost effective producing the parts becomes.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Here is what you need to put in it:

Truck Light's 12V LED Headlight w/ High and Low beam. This new and exciting LED Headlamp innovation provides a new level of performance for 7” round forward lighting 12 volt applications, offering the extended life and energy efficiency of light emitting diode technology.

Product Specs:

-Hard Coated Polycarbonate Lens
-Anodized Aluminum Housing
-Metalized Reflector
-Encapsulated circuitry
-Each light contains 10 High Output Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
-Designed at 12.8v
-4.5a (High Beam)
-2.5a (Low Beam)
-Operational temperature range of -50C to 70C
-Overvoltage spike protection to 600v
-Constant output

The translation of forward lighting to a 12 volt LED headlamp application means brighter, crisper and whiter light output than incandescent alternatives, while offering longer life and greater dependability that has since become standard for LED signaling and marking products. The 7” round LED Headlamps feature solid-state circuit board assemblies for unrivaled shock and vibration resistance and hard-coated polycarbonate lenses that offers 30 times more impact strength than glass. All of these key features work toward a desired goal among end user’s, achieving a maintenance free system.

The 7” round white LED Headlamps meet or exceed all applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements pertaining to headlights, one of the most difficult standards to achieve. Truck-Lite has been able to successfully develop a perfect blend of thermal management and light output to produce an aesthetically pleasing beam pattern through innovative precision optics. The new LED headlamps are designed to replace any standard 7-inch round headlight within 12 volt applications. They can be aimed using standard mechanical aiming equipment.

Made in the U.S.A., each headlamp uses ten high output LEDs as its light source, with a light output brighter than traditional glass beam headlights, which results in better visibility. While a typical headlamp may be rated to last as little as 1,200 hours, Truck-Lite LED Headlamps are expected to exceed that by as much as 50 times. The LED technology used in Truck-Lite’s Headlamps will offer improved visibility over conventional incandescent, as the color temperature of the assembly is around 5000K, far closer to sun light than incandescent or halogen lamps.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!

Oddometer: 2,838
Interesting...

I'd consider one on my G450X, Scott...

~ap blog
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

I fear the price of that would far exceed what I'm hoping my whole conversion will cost.

From what I can tell from the text, you could buy my adaptor unit minus the reflector and install that light if that is the way you want to go.

I don't want to get into stocking 10 different setups, just want to provide a fairly priced H4 conversion.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
1stworks
dude

Oddometer: 1,603
sweet!!!!

Love the idea!!!

Dont be bitchy
Smile.
1stworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #8
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

You should also post this in Thumper Talk, tons of guys w/ 8" Race lights there.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
Cumbacheech
XRated

Oddometer: 823
Boatman,

Looks good. What price point are you looking at?

Cumbacheech

Pics: Adventure setup, SUMO setup, Dirt setup
Cumbacheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig
You should also post this in Thumper Talk, tons of guys w/ 8" Race lights there.
I didn't because it's really a vendor item. But thanks for starting the new thread.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbacheech
Boatman,

Looks good. What price point are you looking at?

Cumbacheech

I really don't want to say just yet because the prices I have so far for producing the parts have been really across the board. I will say that I'm not sure people would be willing to spend $200 on the Trail Tech and then have to spend near that for the conversion, I wouldn't.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

I have been asked a bunch of times if this will fit the Baja Designs light,,,, no it won't.

But, if this works out, I will tackle the BD light. Problem is that it will be more complicated, thus more expensive.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #13
Death Dealer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
I will definitely take one. Exactly what I have been looking for!
1982 Yamaha Maxim - sold
Death Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

UPDATE!!!!

I was at the machine shop today and they are cutting a couple test parts just to make sure all the dimensions are correct. If we are okay in that area, then I have a little machine work to do and they will be off to the powder coater. Then it's just a matter of putting everything in a box and shipping them out.

I have some commitments that are taking me out of town in the next couple weeks so I'm shooting mid January.

I still don't want to give price because the powder coater wants actual parts in his hands before giving a firm price. But I will say this,,, I don't think anyone will complain about the cost.

If you are interested, please let me know either by PM or here so I can get an idea of the number of the first run.

Also,, I have gone back and forth whether to include a bulb in the kit. Some people would be happy with just a plain 55/60 and some people will want something different, maybe an HID. Please give feedback on this.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #15
thejosh
Chump

Oddometer: 439
I love it.

Let us know how much and sign me up for one.

Nice work!
2002 DR725! "Quasi-Moto"
thejosh is online now   Reply With Quote