Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #91
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,710
Very nice, Smilin Jack. How do you like those Hippo Hands? Would they work ok out in the tight woods, as well? Never tried them. I've been thinking about a pair of the fuzzy insulated Aerostitch Lobster Claws for the cold slab rides, but not tried that either. Kind of pricey.

Here's something really good...on the cheap! I bought me some more of these yesterday:

These are the peel-n-stick heated insoles I spoke about. They only cost $1.97 per pair at Wally World. Find them in the Hunting section, usually on the same shelf with the thick warm hunting socks. This is what's in the package:

Just peel they clear backing off and stick it to your sock like this:

Voila! My feet do not get cold when I'm wearing these. In fact, they are "on fire" right now as I type these notes... Its a "use em or lose em" scenario. Since I took them out of the package to demo (here), well, my feet are on FIRE in these fuzzy wuzzy house shoes I'm wearing.

Package says "9 hours" of heat. That's pretty accurate. I know I wear just one set all day. Get at least 6 - 7 hours of good heat from them. Best $2 I've ever spent on my comfort in the cold. Give it a try.

And, here's one of these Adhesive Patches I spoke of. Bought a few of these too. Stick them to your legs, chest, back, butt, whatever. Simply lovely....just lovely....on a cold day.

Another fine item under $2. Kind of hard to find good cheap stuff these days. Anyway, I hope its helpful info to someone who maybe didn't know.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #92
ADVancing
Ducati Submissive

Oddometer: 86
Great report!

Oh man that was a cold week. I was wearing my goretex and polartec gloves in class, the building is 82 years old and cold as hell.

But it sounds like you guys got it worse.

How are those hippo hands?

ADVancing screwed with this post 12-19-2009 at 09:57 AM
ADVancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #93
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,710
Still Cold...

2 weeks later...its still snowing in Tulsa! We had our first real White Christmas in forever: 15 inches at Rancho Highfive.

Apparently, I rode El Pigo home some fast I sucked that storm right out of South Texas. Its seems to be attached to me. Cause when I stopped, here at home, the nasty winter storm stopped too. And it ain't left yet. I'm still wearing my Hot Chillys and trying to thaw out. Haven't even been able to clean up my KLR yet. Don't think the temps got above freezing until today.

Gee...I just can't wait for our Annual Winter Dualsport Ride (again) coming up in a few weeks. Maybe I'll call in sick for this one...

HF
Athena Big Bore Project
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #94
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,468
great report and pics!

Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote