goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by onaXR
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx

Dunlop
D908RR Dual Sport Rear Tire
$112.99

I bought mine from local dealer at 120 last month, no big deal just sayin.
Still want a price on the mefos.
I no i still have 4 left @ $120 ,I try the re order theme and the price went up so i hold on ,if you like the 908 get more at that price other way you will paid close to $150 soon they run out ,pm you with a price on the mefo

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #17
onaXR
Druid

Oddometer: 2,087
Replied
Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
trailtrick OP
goat trail rider

bUMP

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 03-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #19
bumbee800
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
150/70/17

I heard that mefo is developing a super explorer in the 150/70/17 size. Is there any update on when this size will be available?
bumbee800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #20
killurtv
free range moron

Oddometer: 640
Just got my Mefo from Trail Tricks!!! Took 4 days to get here in Central Oregon, can't wait to throw that sucker on, it looks sweet!! Thanks Trail Tricks for the awesome service! Kent
Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #21
trailtrick OP
goat trail rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by killurtv
Just got my Mefo from Trail Tricks!!! Took 4 days to get here in Central Oregon, can't wait to throw that sucker on, it looks sweet!! Thanks Trail Tricks for the awesome service! Kent
Nice ,glad we can help ,i just sign a deal with fedex and lower my shipping by $5 each tire ,i no have to paid the handle fee anymore ,Thanks to all for you support

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 04-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #22
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,068
Let's see: TKC80=1 front and 2 rears for the Alcan5000
Mefo Supers=1 front and 1 rear

Sold
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #23
sstewart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,068
Mefo

I installed MEFOs on my 950Adv. 1600mi. back. My rear looks and performs great,but my front looks terrible already. My center tread sticks out about 1/4" farther than the tread on the sides. I have been running 34-36psi in front. If I run at tire recommendation it will beat my teeth out. Any suggestions? Some folks say to run them backwards,but I don't care for that fix. For one, I feel they should last longer since they are not cheap. Secondly, I have a tendency to break 100MPH and do not feel safe with a tire on backwards.
sstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:37 AM   #24
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstewart
I installed MEFOs on my 950Adv. 1600mi. back. My rear looks and performs great,but my front looks terrible already. My center tread sticks out about 1/4" farther than the tread on the sides. I have been running 34-36psi in front. If I run at tire recommendation it will beat my teeth out. Any suggestions? Some folks say to run them backwards,but I don't care for that fix. For one, I feel they should last longer since they are not cheap. Secondly, I have a tendency to break 100MPH and do not feel safe with a tire on backwards.
I sure hope you are wrong. I just bought a set and need them to last 6800 miles of mixed dirt and paved roads for one trip. If your front tire is shot after a couple days worth of riding these will have been a total waste of money, not to mention the hassle I'll be facing. I must say, though, my Pirelli Scorp front tires wear like you discribe initially, but after about 4k miles the center tread starts wearing down pretty fast. So I hope you are concerned about nothing. In any event, I'll find out and post the results here.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #25
sstewart
Beastly Adventurer

Mefo

I'm sorry if I have caused you to panic,but it's true. I did not notice the abnormal wear until I rode to Nantahala Gorge two weeks ago. I ran about 120 miles of interstate going up and the rest of my trip was in the twisty mtn. roads.(no dirt this trip) I put a total of about 800 miles on that weekend. The front is not acting too bad when riding, but it is obvious that it will not last much longer. I had my Gobis loaded down pretty good,had my top box loaded,tent,sleeping bag,sleep pad and myself at 210lbs. on bike. I ran about 36psi in front tire all the way. I had someone post that I must have ran too low of tire pressure,but I don't think so. I guess it could be that I'm using it too much for a street tire. The rear does great off road, but I can't tell a huge difference in the front compared to the Scorpion. I will say this,my stock Scorpion with 4700miles on it looks better than my new MEFO. I am not just bashing the tire at all,just telling you my personal exp. with it. I know peoples riding styleand the difference in bikes and how you load it will affect the life,so it could be me and my bad-ass KTM.(we ride hard sometimes)
Old 04-24-2010, 05:18 AM   #26
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,760
150/70/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbee800
I heard that mefo is developing a super explorer in the 150/70/17 size. Is there any update on when this size will be available?
I didn't see an answer to this one----also interested.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #27
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstewart
I'm sorry if I have caused you to panic,but it's true. I did not notice the abnormal wear until I rode to Nantahala Gorge two weeks ago. I ran about 120 miles of interstate going up and the rest of my trip was in the twisty mtn. roads.(no dirt this trip) I put a total of about 800 miles on that weekend. The front is not acting too bad when riding, but it is obvious that it will not last much longer. I had my Gobis loaded down pretty good,had my top box loaded,tent,sleeping bag,sleep pad and myself at 210lbs. on bike. I ran about 36psi in front tire all the way. I had someone post that I must have ran too low of tire pressure,but I don't think so. I guess it could be that I'm using it too much for a street tire. The rear does great off road, but I can't tell a huge difference in the front compared to the Scorpion. I will say this,my stock Scorpion with 4700miles on it looks better than my new MEFO. I am not just bashing the tire at all,just telling you my personal exp. with it. I know peoples riding styleand the difference in bikes and how you load it will affect the life,so it could be me and my bad-ass KTM.(we ride hard sometimes)
Well... I get to test it since I already own the tires. They will be fresh at the start in Seattle. Then 4300 miles through the Great White North, of which about 2000 miles will be dirt roads. Mostly high speed graded dirt, but about 700 miles of rougher two-track. Then we have to ride back to Seattle for another 2300 miles on those front tread blocks. That's 6600 miles of 70/30 tar/dirt. Also, there will be lots of wet. Maybe 30%.

In 2006 my TKC rear tire went as far as Dawson (not far). The front made most of the way back, but I did have to change it out roadside for the last 500 miles.

I expect my Mefo's to make the whole trip. Because of your post I will carry my Pirelli take-offs just in case, but my aim is to prove you are wrong and post it here on the internet.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #28
sstewart
Beastly Adventurer

MEFOs

I wonder if I am doing something to cause this premature wear,if so I can't figure it out. I wonder if I should have the front wheel checked. You like to think the shop that put them on would tell me if there was a problem but stanger things have happened. Good Luck and be safe on your trip.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #29
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Why would you wonder if you are causing premature wear? 1500 miles isn't much for any tire unless you have a race tire and are racing...

Your statement is that a Mefo front tire appears abnormaly used up at 1500 miles. That's important news to this forum!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #30
mfaoro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Interested.

PM sent. For 08 690 Enduro.