Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #136
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
The Aeroflow is so much less expensive for this bike. Is this one really that much better? I've got the Aero on my 1150ADV and love it.
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 AM   #137
Aether
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
I agree that it is over inflated...BUT as long as people pay the price they ask...they won't lower it. IF people quit buying and they had shelves full of stock then the price would come down...supply and demand.
Doubtful. Since Touratech USA is simply an importer of the fairing, they will just continue to import these big ticket items a handful at a time so as not to have shelves full of them. Likewise, I'd bet Touratech Germany is probably not churning out thousands of these.
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #138
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,839
Doubtful

I doubt it unless they are way less expensive in Europe. I was referrig to the manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether
Doubtful. Since Touratech USA is simply an importer of the fairing, they will just continue to import these big ticket items a handful at a time so as not to have shelves full of them. Likewise, I'd bet Touratech Germany is probably not churning out thousands of these.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #139
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickit
WTF it's called Free Enterprise, and this country was made as strong as it was (past tense was intended) because of it.
'Zactly which country you talking about here, US, Canada, Germany?
sturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #140
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,205
We've got Wunderlich & MadStad for "close" adjustable offerings???

Thoughts on the MadStad and Wunderlich?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post12003728
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #141
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden
Thoughts on the MadStad and Wunderlich?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post12003728

I've done the RoboBracket thing and it's good but a real bitch to adjust. Plus doesn't quite give the same lower width coverage that I think the Touratech will. The Desierto is much more refined... thus the big bucks.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #142
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,839
Wunderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymcd
I've done the RoboBracket thing and it's good but a real bitch to adjust. Plus doesn't quite give the same lower width coverage that I think the Touratech will. The Desierto is much more refined... thus the big bucks.
Does that mean you have tried the Wunderlich?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #143
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
Does that mean you have tried the Wunderlich?

not even sure if their vario screen is available in north america yet. it does look like a good system though. It looks like there's a 'release lever' to lock and unlock the front screen adjustment and it's also got good wind deflection down low.

at a glance it looks like a very good system.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #144
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

The Wunderlich Vario just "got here" to the USA, I posted that in the other thread, but sorry... not here:

It is in the same $300 price range as the MadStad.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5..._Code=F800GS-X

the height adjustment is in two places one requires an allen key while the other has the lever.
Like the $800 price-leader it goes up and down, but no angular adustment.

That's about all I know so far, but I did get an e-mail from William @ Wunderlich USA saying they were now in stock.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:34 AM   #145
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Well it certainly doesn't look as cool but a $500 difference in huge. I would love to see a functionality comparison. I'll take the function over form any day of the week when we're talking saving those kind of dollars! I mean, you should see my girlfriend!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #146
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy
Well it certainly doesn't look as cool but a $500 difference in huge. I would love to see a functionality comparison. I'll take the function over form any day of the week when we're talking saving those kind of dollars! I mean, you should see my girlfriend!
And I would love to see someone design a rally looking one. That is: it is designed to be more upright, and accommodate instruments (GPS and roll chart, or one "regular" GPS such as zumo or nuvi, and a mapping gps, such as oregon or 60csx). So that when one is standing, he/she can still see the gps and maps. But mostly, they look cool, especially if they can be designed to integrate the existing components of the bike, can be painted with the color of the bike, etc. That is form follows function to me.

Thank you
Lion
Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #147
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
... I would love to see a functionality comparison. I'll take the function over form any day of the week when we're talking saving those kind of dollars! I mean, you should see my girlfriend!
You had better hope your girlfriend does NOT see this forum ...
Old 02-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #148
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

How will I ever decide? Since there's nobody out there who has done a direct comparison between TT and Aeroflow, here is what I am left with IMO:

Aeroflow: $525 with the winglets- seems to have excellent reviews for protection, buffeting, etc-not adjustable for when off-roading so more of a true touring screen-looks OK but not sexy and doesn't really compliment the bike

TT: $300 more- fully adjustable for all conditions, looks awesome, reviews for protection seem to be good, but possibly not as good as Aeroflow

So I'm stuck and am going to get one of them. The $300 difference is not a factor for me. Not saying I'm rich but if I'm going to spend 5 bills, and there's something much better for 3 more I don't mind paying. I would go with the TT in a second because of versatility and looks, but if it's a night and day difference in protection would prolly go with Aeroflow. I have an Aeroflow on my 1150ADV and it rocks.

Sleepless in Austin
Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #149
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,383
Its going to be personal Fat. My friend Dan has the AF and loves it. I tried it and it did not work for me and we are basicly the same height. For me there was some buffeting. For Dan, there is not. With the TT unit in the uprigt position I am in complete clean, quiet air and can ride highway with my shield up.
So, you have to experiment I guess.

Quote:
How will I ever decide? Since there's nobody out there who has done a direct comparison between TT and Aeroflow, here is what I am left with IMO:

Aeroflow: $525 with the winglets- seems to have excellent reviews for protection, buffeting, etc-not adjustable for when off-roading so more of a true touring screen-looks OK but not sexy and doesn't really compliment the bike

TT: $300 more- fully adjustable for all conditions, looks awesome, reviews for protection seem to be good, but possibly not as good as Aeroflow

So I'm stuck and am going to get one of them. The $300 difference is not a factor for me. Not saying I'm rich but if I'm going to spend 5 bills, and there's something much better for 3 more I don't mind paying. I would go with the TT in a second because of versatility and looks, but if it's a night and day difference in protection would prolly go with Aeroflow. I have an Aeroflow on my 1150ADV and it rocks.

Sleepless in Austin

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #150
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot
Its going to be personal Fat. My friend Dan has the AF and loves it. I tried it and it did not work for me and we are basicly the same height. For me there was some buffeting. For Dan, there is not. With the TT unit in the uprigt position I am in complete clean, quiet air and can ride highway with my shield up.
So, you have to experiment I guess.
I'm comin to Jersey!!!

That's interesting that you are the same size and you feel buffeting and he doesn't. Besides that, how is overall protection when comparing the two? I'm talking about arms, shoulders, etc. Does he have the winglets on the Aero?