Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #211
Maddaddy
Greg

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden
Come on ... order two of the Madstad adj. screens as well for side-by-side comparison!!!!

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.327/.f
I can make you a comparison right now. madstad - fugly, TT awesome.

I was at the south sound BMW vendor fair talking with TT. the 800GS looks awesome. The tank isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm not sold on it. I'd rather have something more in the style of the Dakar rally tanks. The Fairing looks great, but the price is a put off. it's not made of any special materials, just plastic; but that is the cost of specialty parts. If they were in mass production the cost could be lower.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #212
JHooker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I used to ride a Buell Lightning, and considering you could get similar deflectors from 60-120 USD, it definitely seems that there's some "inflation" on the cost to the consumer.

I'm not saying anything negative towards their pricing choices, but it's a bummer there aren't more options to the consumers that are priced nicely :P
JHooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #213
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,111
[quote=Maddaddy]I can make you a comparison right now. madstad - fugly, TT awesome....
quote]

Maybe it's best I don't see the TT in person .. $800 gone with the wind
JRWooden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #214
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,003
The TT D3 is awesome. Perfect air for me and it constantly gets "that bike looks really cool" type comments.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #215
OZZY-GS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by htmon
Hey,
After reading all of these posts about different screen's etc.
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the TT D3. (also ordered the lockable toolbox that goes on the front of the BMW Bash Plate)
Shit I hope I have done the right thing!
I guess I wouldn't be the only one to buy a new Farkle for my bike to find it ain't as I had hoped.
Will be posting an update when the goodies arrive and are installed and tested.
Wish me luck guys.
I finally plucked up the courage to order the TTD3 yesterday as mentioned above and I get a call today from TT today and they tell me I know have to wait 2 months as they have run out of stock in the factory.
Obviously after the recent good reports on this very web site sales have gone through the roof.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #216
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy
Anyone have an XL Aeroflow that they would like to work a deal on for my Desierto? I know it's a long shot since there are not many AF owners out there yet...

Man I really want to like this thing.
I have an Aeroflow XL but you are a bit far away to do at least a "switch bikes and test ride" thing.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #217
cug
--

Oh, and btw:

I have some buffeting with the Aeroflow - not sure where it is coming from, but I think from the sides. Need to solve that, before I go on any longer tour.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 AM   #218
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug
Oh, and btw:

I have some buffeting with the Aeroflow - not sure where it is coming from, but I think from the sides. Need to solve that, before I go on any longer tour.
And you have the winglets too, correct?
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #219
cug
--

Quote:
And you have the winglets too, correct?
Yes, I do. I think it's air hitting me at the side of the helmet. Coming around the windshield. I have done two longer trips with it ( > 5 hours riding / day) and each time I had headaches when I got home.

I'm not sure what to do about this. I'm somewhat reluctant to spend another 300 bucks (after tax and shipping) for the Aeroflow handguards. I would have to get the holders, too. Sucks.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #220
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Well I did bunch of searching for the perfect ear plugs because I did not want to accept the fact that I may have wasted $800 on a windscreen that I hated. I ended up buying the Hearos plugs (only $7 for 7) and BOOM!-quiet. It permitted me to focus on what the real issue is and it's not buffeting but wind noise. And a LOT of it. I'm not used to HAVING to wear ear plugs, but at least there is a solution. I had tried some less adequate foam ones, as well as the wax plugs and it still sucked. (I had always assumed that the wax ones were about the best solution since they are essentially solid instead of porous.) I'm happy now for what it's worth. Not happy that I have to wear plugs, but happy that I can have quiet on the highway now at speed. And thank goodness I didn't make a hasty decision, like I came so close to doing, to buy the Aeroflow. I'm sure it's a great windscreen (I have one on my 1150ADV and love it) but it just doesn't seem like as good of a match as the Desierto on this bike. Again, I am getting almost zero buffeting. The exception being strong cross winds, but I suppose that's to be expected. Just wanted to post to be fair to TT.
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #221
WoodWorks
House Ape

Oddometer: 2,203
Quote:
Not happy that I have to wear plugs, but happy that I can have quiet on the highway now at speed.
Seriously? Granted, I've never ridden a Gold Wing or the like, but I've always worn ear plugs when riding. I guess I'd kinda like to still have some hearing left when I'm an old fart.

But +1 on the Hearos. They do the trick for me. And they even have an iPhone app to test the decibel level you're hitting:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/noise-pa...316609013?mt=8

No idea how accurate it is. But it's fun to play with.

David

I'm tryin' ta think, but nuttin' happens!
--Curly
WoodWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #222
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer: 581
One of our fairings arrived yesterday, plastic instrument surround had a big crack in it and the molding looked like a dog's breakfast..

Sent it back.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #223
wvanh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.C
One of our fairings arrived yesterday, plastic instrument surround had a big crack in it and the molding looked like a dog's breakfast..

Sent it back.
I ordered one several weeks ago and the same happened to me, not just deep scratches though, the entire left side was snapped off. Touratech apparently has a shortage of certain pieces of the Desierto Kit 'cause it took them about 3 weeks to ship it. Now they say they haven't got a replacement part either. If they ship them all like they shipped mine I can't say I'm surprised.

wvanh screwed with this post 04-29-2010 at 02:33 AM
wvanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #224
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,003
Dam,
Just slabbed home 100 plus miles. Shield up and foward. I had my Hornet shield up all the way and I could hear myself whistling too !
This thing works for me.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #225
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Love mine. Wished they made better adjustment knobs though.