Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 AM   #286
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....

Oddometer: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre
Wow, what kind of seat is that?
Corbin and I love it. I couldn't ride an hour on the stock seat without wanting to kill myself. I've done 1500 mile weekends on this seat several times.

Eric

2015 LD Rally Season: Iron Butt Rally (29 Jun - 10 Jul)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. - Unknown
"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." - Proverbs 26:11
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #287
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
I would love to see one of the Desierto 3's in person.
Does anyone in the Denver metro have one they would like to show off?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #288
endurorazor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Are there any buyers of the Desierto 3 near 6'2" height / 32" inseam with a stock seat out there. On the upper settings, where would I expect the air to hit my helmet at highway speed? Read the entire thread but can't find the answer.
endurorazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #289
Ronin ADV
Gear addict

Oddometer: 594
I'm 6'1" with long legs and I find my D3 gives good wind coverage when fully elevated ( I also ride with the stock seat). I've had it up to about 90mph with no problem but I routinely ride at 70 or less (more of a TKC thing than a D3 thing). I also tend to take the plastic upper portion off when I do off road rides or rides in tight twisty stuff. I like the increased visibility this offers and the wind protection is still enough. I just strap the upper portion to my tail bag and put it back on when I get to the long fast paved portions. As previously mentioned the stock knurled nuts are weak. I replaced my with a larger knurled nut ordered online and a M6 bolt with a larger cyclindrical head I can grab with my fingers as opposed to the stock M6 (20mm?) carraige bolts. I found the M6 bolts at my local hardware store (True Value) and I carry spare of the bolts / knurled nuts (you will eventually lose one or more).
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #290
OZZY-GS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW Ronin
I'm 6'1" with long legs and I find my D3 gives good wind coverage when fully elevated ( I also ride with the stock seat). I've had it up to about 90mph with no problem but I routinely ride at 70 or less (more of a TKC thing than a D3 thing). I also tend to take the plastic upper portion off when I do off road rides or rides in tight twisty stuff. I like the increased visibility this offers and the wind protection is still enough. I just strap the upper portion to my tail bag and put it back on when I get to the long fast paved portions. As previously mentioned the stock knurled nuts are weak. I replaced my with a larger knurled nut ordered online and a M6 bolt with a larger cyclindrical head I can grab with my fingers as opposed to the stock M6 (20mm?) carraige bolts. I found the M6 bolts at my local hardware store (True Value) and I carry spare of the bolts / knurled nuts (you will eventually lose one or more).

Would it be possible for you to send through some pictures and sizes of the upgraded nuts and bolts you have used. Im not happy with mine either.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #291
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurorazor
Are there any buyers of the Desierto 3 near 6'2" height / 32" inseam with a stock seat out there. On the upper settings, where would I expect the air to hit my helmet at highway speed? Read the entire thread but can't find the answer.
I'm 6'1 with 32 inseam and the air hits my helmet about 2" above my helmet shield, but it's soft air. I also have 20mm risers and stock height seat. With the same setup it sounds like it would hit you about 1" above your shield...

As someone else on here coined very well, "Just drink 5 beers and hit the buy button". You will never look back.
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #292
AKTroy OP
BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer: 2,211
Woo Hoo!

Its on and Im getting ready to see if it was worth the trouble. Sure looks purdy.
AKTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #293
AKTroy OP
BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer: 2,211
Laugh

Excessively expensive, yup. Although I was lucky enough to get one for 650 bucks. Still steep but Im digging it. Not only does it do what a wind screen should do (screen wind) but now my 800 stands out in the many 800's around south central Alaska. Functional and unique. As I see it one more costly mod, AK-20s or Bitubo's and I can tell my wife its done.
AKTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #294
speedz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy
I'm 6'1 with 32 inseam and the air hits my helmet about 2" above my helmet shield, but it's soft air. I also have 20mm risers and stock height seat. With the same setup it sounds like it would hit you about 1" above your shield...

As someone else on here coined very well, "Just drink 5 beers and hit the buy button". You will never look back.
I'm the same height and inseam as you but with the TT breathable high seat. I just can seem to adjust it right enough for me to be comfortable. At it's highest setting, seated upright doing 120 km/h, it feels like my head is being punched from both sides, I even get blurred vision However if i duck down just a little, everything becomes so quiet.

I guess I'll need to spend more time with the thing to figure out what works.
speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #295
Ian B
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 574
Just a whisper !

Just a heads up that there is going to be a new 800/650 fairing coming out from Britannia Composites soon. It will feature our fully retractable screen system and a dashboard with a perch for the GPS. Watch this space, you wont be disappointed !!

Ian
Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #296
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B
Just a heads up that there is going to be a new 800/650 fairing coming out from Britannia Composites soon. It will feature our fully retractable screen system and a dashboard with a perch for the GPS. Watch this space, you wont be disappointed !!

Ian
looking forward to seeing it,,,,,any idea of the $amage?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #297
Ian B
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
looking forward to seeing it,,,,,any idea of the $amage?
Likely around $500, but there will probably be OEM paint options (instead of the standard satin black) and may be dashboard options, both of which will effect price. Unit it will be tested over the next three weeks and all being well, will go into production shortly after.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #298
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,040
Sweetness. I thought I heard you stopped making fairings?

Any chance there will be a Hella 90mm option?
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #299
Ian B
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxr140
Sweetness. I thought I heard you stopped making fairings?

Any chance there will be a Hella 90mm option?
We were stopped for 2 months earlier this year whilst we re-located,but have been back in production since May on all of our existing fairings. The 800/650 fairing will be followed by another design for the 650 single.

We havent considered changing the lights on the BM, because they seemed pretty good when we tried the bike out. Admittedly, the one we have here has HIDs fitted. Do you find the standard lights need upgrading ?.

Ian
Old 08-09-2010, 03:19 AM   #300
Aether
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B

Ian
Worthy of a separate thread....
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote