User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
McJamie OP
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,346
Favourite " Ride to Eat" destinations in Ontario

Needs to be equal parts RIDE and equal parts EAT. I plan all my rides around these kinds of places. If there's nowhere to eat, I'm not going.
I'll start with a few I can think of.
The Ashgrove Inn in Barry's Bay.
There's a greek rest. in Verona ( sorry, forgot the name, but it's not a big place. )
Marks Finer Diner, Hwy 7, just south of Fowlers Corners. Not open Mon or Tues.
The Fare & Fowl in Tweed is pretty good.
I'm sure there's tons more out there.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Defconfunk
I need to get out more

Oddometer: 222
From Ottawa:

I can't remember the name of the restaurant's name, but there is only one restaurant/gas-bar/corner-store in Griffith Ontario. Take Calabogie road (508) to Hwy 41 turn left and it is just down the road. Good food, great ride.

Don Cherry's in North Bay - Only works if riding from Ottawa (or maybe someplace far west). The food is terrible, and hockey fans are cheering for the wrong team, but the beer is cold and the ride make up for all other short comings (the hotel beside makes for a great over-night turn around point).

Looking forward to more posts in this thread.
Bruised and Battered, but Smiling and Victorious. - Me
Pictures
Defconfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
RumRunner
Sit there, turn that

Oddometer: 4,556
The Fish and Chips joint in Kinmount is pretty tasty, they have tables down by the river that you can ride your bike right up to, PLUS they have deep fried Mars Bars. Just what you need when hitting the gnarly back trails.

DW
Old 12-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,033
Unfortunately, most of the places I can recommend would involve more riding than eating.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,883
Can't help you.

I only ride to drink huge bowls of latte'.
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 9,002
I only ride because it makes me look cool. Eating is a necessary thing and takes away from the whole "wow look how cool that guy is" image I have spent so many years perfecting. Ride to look cool, don't ride to eat!!

:) lol

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
woodgrain
In-Dented Savant

Oddometer: 790
The "greek restaurant" in Verona is called Moms Restaurant...go figure.
Just for coffee and pastries? Amazing Coffee in Madoc, just south of #7 on #62
If you travel in the Bancroft/Barry's Bay area,(the Old Barry's Bay road) try The Wilno Tavern. Polish food that tastes great in an interesting setting.
The Inn on Lake on the Mountain, near Glenora (Picton). Good food, splendid views.
I've heard good things about the restaurant in Palmer Rapids. While you're up there, check out Al Capones old hiding place.
Wheeler's Pancake House in MacDonald's Corners north of #7 near Maberly. Well worth the trip.
There have been so many places over the years it's hard to remember them all. Not to mention a few have gone out of business.

Woodgrain
woodgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,883
Supreme Bean in Warkworth has friendly service and serves great coffee in a nice area to ride.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
MiltonHog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
You need to ride to Manitoulin Island with a side trip to Moms Diner in Mindemoya. Has really good food and the most amazing Apple Fritters . These things are a diabetic starter kit so be warned. It is on the main street heading north to West Bay. Spend some time riding the Island and have a great coffee in Little Current or if you want a great ice cream at Farquhars Dairy just before the swing bridge on Hwy 6.

Comes with the required slow and easy riding on the Island. Take care to watch out for all the deer though.
MiltonHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
SteverinoB
EstebanarinoB

Oddometer: 554
Ride to eat!

Try the Tamworth Bakery in ...Tamworth. Excellent! Maybe the best Reuben in the province! Pretty good coffee too!

http://www.ruralroutes.com/poppys

Anna Maes in Millbank...Without a doubt, the best Apple Fritter in the world. The yeast donuts are unbelievable too...if it is a weekend...get there early as the fritters don't last long!

Bank Cafe in Creemore...and the lager just down the street aint half bad either?

Perogies pretty much anywhere on Roncesvalles.

Superb Expresso at Manic Coffee in TO.

This thread has tremendous potential. We all have our favourite spots folks. Time to pony up!

R90...CT90...Wee...DR650

SteverinoB screwed with this post 12-27-2009 at 03:49 PM
SteverinoB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
wrightm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Don's Fish and Chips in Brockville, eaten on Blockhouse Island, which is only steps away
wrightm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
woodgrain
In-Dented Savant

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Br
Try the Tamworth Bakery in ...Tamworth. Excellent! Maybe the best Reuben in the province! Pretty good coffee too!

http://www.ruralroutes.com/poppys

Anna Maes in Milbank...Without a doubt, the best Apple Fritter in the world. The yeast donuts are unbelievable too...if it is a weekend...get there early as the fritters don't last long!

Bank Cafe in Creemore...and the lager just down the street aint half bad either?

Perogies pretty much anywhere on Roncesvalles.

Superb Expresso at Manic Coffee in TO.

This thread has tremendous potential. We all have our favourite spots folks. Time to pony up!
Alas, The Tamworth Bakery is up for sale after a marriage break-up between David and his wife.Anna Maes, in Marlbank, is no longer in business, and the hotel is for sale.Riding in the area is still fine and there are other places in which you can calm the savage beast.

Woodgrain
woodgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,678
Nooooo!!! The Tamworth bakery was the best thing going anywhere near Kingston/Napanee.

That is very, very sad. I hope someone ponies up and keeps that place in business.

Hmm...maybe I should? Those reubens are the best I've EVER had.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 465
Sudbury area

Fish 'n Chips. Killarney - long, rough, boring ride in. Nice scenery once your there though and pretty decent food. Packed on a nice day on a weekend!

Hwy 17 east of Sudbury near between Hagar and Warren, Dammit! I can't remember the name.. french last name.. (I want to say Lemieux's) Mini truck stop run by Mennonites. Fantastic food, lots of it, and the daughter serving the tables is a hoot with her attitude. You can't miss it, theirs always a full lot.

Oh, I saw the previous post about Farqhaurs ice cream on the island. It's a myth. Just your run of the mill ice cream place. I've been their a hundred times and its the same ice cream sold by a hundred other ice cream shops. But hey, its damn tasty on a hot day!
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
SteverinoB
EstebanarinoB

Oddometer: 554
Bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodgrain
Alas, The Tamworth Bakery is up for sale after a marriage break-up between David and his wife.Anna Maes, in Marlbank, is no longer in business, and the hotel is for sale.Riding in the area is still fine and there are other places in which you can calm the savage beast.

Woodgrain
That really is too bad. We would try to get there a couple of times through the riding season. Liked everything about the place, even the mutt running hither and yon.

Woodgrain...I think we might have Marlbank and Millbank mixed up? The Millbank location is a happening thing as I managed a fritter there just the other day whilst on my way to London?

Noted there are a couple of other places in Tamworth...any good?

Thanks for the update...Cheers...Steverinoh!

R90...CT90...Wee...DR650
SteverinoB is online now   Reply With Quote