User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #31
jeaggerfairy
lost in transit

Oddometer: 87
Thumb Lunc or Dinner

Mick and Angelo's in Niagara Falls is a great stop for a lunch or dinner. Large portions will leave you with a loosened belt. Verry tasty food, just about anything on the menu is worth trying. Service was quite fast even though they usually get verry busy. Once you're done eating take a ride down to Niagara On the Lake and get an ice cream!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #32
jeaggerfairy
lost in transit

Oddometer: 87
username

Lornce, thanks for the kudo's on the username, as for flapjack's i try to go a few times per summer. The ice house or the trail in Campbelville is usually where you will find me on any given sunday morning.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
roadhamr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
great spot to eat in bancroft is a small place right across from the beer store called dans or daves i think i cant remember for sure but it is the best food in the town by far. fresh ingredients simple recipes and just plain good food.
rhinos in bewdley on the south west side of rice lake is a real surprise for the quality of the food. plenty of local flavor as well to keep things interesting.
there is a little vietnamese place in peterborough called saigon boys on lansdowne right across front the old pontiac dealer beside holiday ford. authentic vietnamese food and dim sum on sundays 12 to 8. best pho i have ever had!
small place outside of grafton on 2 called the bullpen and they have surprisingly great food. again fresh ingredients and simple recipes. great stuff.
great riding surrounds all of the places close by. so it isnt much of a detour from your routes to drop in and fill up!

2000 valkyrie interstate
roadhamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #34
stevejonesmo
Rookie old fart

Oddometer: 95
Though Canada is kind of poorly represented on RideToEat.com, that is not by design, nor does it need to remain that way.

Don't be shy about visiting and adding any of these great places mentioned in the thread.
Steve Jones, St. Louis, MO, IBA Mile Eater #25444
King of the Ferries
"Ride To Eat" data Czar
Prince of Times
Tent Space Map Dude

stevejonesmo screwed with this post 01-30-2010 at 03:08 PM
stevejonesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #35
JoWhee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
When I'm out around the Ottawa area (usualy in the gatineau hills) I try and stop by Derringers in in Vanier, they have great wings. It's not much of a ride thru the capital, but a great place to stop.
JoWhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
mixedup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Br
Superb Expresso at Manic Coffee in TO.

yes! proper espresso at manic...one of a number of good shops (or shots!) in toronto. not much of a ride for me, but enjoyable nonetheless....
mixedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #37
bumper1871
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Thumb Not in Ontario but close enough. Boileau QC

There is a nice little restaurant in Boileau Qc a very small village with no paved roads. All homemade cuisine and a nice day ride from Ottawa. A good place to ride on gravel roads, with lakes and rivers.
[IMG]