User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #1651
Teeds
Don Quixote

Oddometer: 1,569
Good luck on your journey.

As others have said ... photos and lots of them.

We'll be watching for your progress!
we are NOT human beings having a spiritual experience, rather we ARE spiritual BEINGS having a human experience - johnjen
Teeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #1652
peteFoulkes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
We made it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebatch View Post
Then I hope you check back into this post at Tynda ... so Mum can stand down !
Guys we made it to Tynda! We're safe. Few scratches on the bikes but no injuries. That was one serious adventure. Maximum respect to you guys for going the full distance. It's seriously intense out there. We hit two rivers where we needed assistance. The first one from a local fisherman and his boat and the second a truck driver. We'll have the full ride report up as soon as possible.

Find us on Facebook here:
www.facebook.com/toughmiles
peteFoulkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #1653
peteFoulkes
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
Hi, Pete and Jon.

Glad you Guys are in contact.
You will learn far more from Colebatch than me. I just followed on like a nodding dog in the back window.

Enjoy the W BAM. Give my regards to THAT bridge - but don't try to break any records across it. One day someone will certainly go over the edge and I don't want it to be the Guys I enjoyed beer, bars, etc with in Moscow !

I am watching....
Tony,

We can't thank you enough for all your help and advice over the last month or so. It proved absolutely priceless for us out there. Huge huge respect to you guys for riding the full road.

No Vitim record breakers this time I'm afraid.

Full update to come really soon.

Pete

Old 06-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #1654
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,970

Damn I want to do this trip.
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #1655
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteFoulkes View Post
Guys we made it to Tynda! We're safe. Few scratches on the bikes but no injuries. That was one serious adventure. Maximum respect to you guys for going the full distance. It's seriously intense out there. We hit two rivers where we needed assistance. The first one from a local fisherman and his boat and the second a truck driver. We'll have the full ride report up as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteFoulkes View Post
Tony,

We can't thank you enough for all your help and advice over the last month or so. It proved absolutely priceless for us out there. Huge huge respect to you guys for riding the full road.

No Vitim record breakers this time I'm afraid.

Full update to come really soon.

Pete
Looking forward to the link...
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #1656
Alexlebrit
125 rider

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
any chance of an e-book being made of it?
If you're interested then I've be happy to volunteer to help turn it into a Kindle book, while Kindles themselves are injured in their abilities to handle photos the Kindle software available to download on Android phones and tablets and iThings can handle colour pictures and hyperlinks to external resources, maps, videos, etc..
Alexlebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #1657
Manneman
Polarbear

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebatch View Post
Sadly there is a vested interest in the governments and media organisations of Britain and the US to always portray Russia in a negative light. You will NEVER see a positive news story come out about Russia. The only news deemed worth publishing about Russia is negative news. You saw it with the Georgia - Russia conflict ... 1st step is always blame Russia and accuse them of war crimes. 2nd step is to bother finding out who started it and who committed the alleged war crimes. 3rd step, is if step 2 conflicts with the "agenda" then ignore findings.

I think if anything this general propaganda battle will step up over the next decade as two conflicting geopolitical agendas over the future of Europe take place, with the American and British governments on one side and the Russians who will probably be joined by Germany and France and Italy as time progresses on the other.

Of course, the peoples of Russia, the US, Britain, Germany, France and Italy just all want to be friends ... but governments operate at different levels with different concepts about what is best for their peoples. There was something Tony said during this trip that really stuck with me ... if only our governments stopped trying to proscribe to us who are our friends and who are not, we could all just get on with getting along.

All the conflict and hatred around the place, even the Al Qaida stuff, stems from powerful people who have influence telling their 'people' who they should like, who they should hate, and why ... and then telling them to act accordingly. I for one am pretty sick of halfwits like David Miliband (Britains juvenile Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs) telling me who is "Britain's friend" and who isn't. That kind of propaganda should have died out with the likes of Goebbels.

I can tell you from experience, that pretty much everything we have been brought up to believe about the Russians, is utter crap.
Been reading this ride report for some time now and this is the best I´ve heard in years! I agree 2000 percent!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #1658
clekchau
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Wow amazing ride and you guys sure look like you are having a blast!
clekchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #1659
peteFoulkes
Gnarly Adventurer

BAM Ride report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Looking forward to the link...
Hi guys,

Here is the link to our Western BAM ride report.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779780&page=8

Huge respect to the Sibersky Extreme boys for doing the full distance. You guys really must be as hard as nails. A big thanks again for providing us with the inspiration to ride this route. It was one hell of an adventure.

Pete.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #1660
trasguGS
n00b

Oddometer: 1
IKER a biker knows spanish fun!!! Yeeeaaahhhh!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqtzmJrHdxw&feature=plcp
trasguGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #1661
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by trasguGS View Post
IKER a biker knows spanish fun!!! Yeeeaaahhhh!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqtzmJrHdxw&feature=plcp

Dudes Loco in Cabeza!!!

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #1662
Scalex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Hay que joderse...

The funniest thing is what he explains.... Crossed once, realized nothing was recorded due to flat battery, so he had to go back and cross it again... meaning then he crossed 3 times in a row in order to get it recorded...

Oh, and talking in the meantime...

And taking a hand out of the handlebar...

I guess next was doing wheelies...

Quins collons....
Scalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #1663
GiorgioXT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalex View Post
The funniest thing is what he explains.... Crossed once, realized nothing was recorded due to flat battery, so he had to go back and cross it again... meaning then he crossed 3 times in a row in order to get it recorded...

Oh, and talking in the meantime...

And taking a hand out of the handlebar...

I guess next was doing wheelies...

Quins collons....
Iker tienes huevos de hierro ... si senor!

And its sure a record to cross 3 times the bridge in so short time...
DRZ400 S '03 XT600 '90 XT550 '82 XT500 '81 - giorgioxt@email.it - www.polverosi.org - EchM#645
"se sei incerto tieni APERTO !
GiorgioXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #1664
Mukaltin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by trasguGS View Post
el gran torero!
Mukaltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #1665
Scalex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Well. Mukaltin.. not exactly, I would say...

Never been there, but for what I see I would say crossing that bridge be much bravest (or crazy!) than facing a Bull weakened by hours of torture and keep of torturing him to dead...

In fact, the mere thing of doing the BAM alone it's much more admirable to me...

Probably off topic, I know, but I just couldn't resist. As mentioned in this very same thread many posts ago, it's all about the preception of things that the official media sell to the outside; I wonder how the hell is this torero-bullfighting thing explained outside of Spain, but, to keep it factual, I can tell many people would feel offended or at least unconfortable if called a "torero" (which of course is not the intention of any foreigner identifying a brave spaniard with a torero!!)

Mode off topic over...
Scalex is offline   Reply With Quote