ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #211
RockemRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Since I'm iching to get back out on a thumper I'm game for Sat or Sun.
RockemRdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #212
jaredcrean
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Thumb

im in for this weekend

DRZ400s The quieter u become the more able u are to hear.

jaredcrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #213
mntdawg
NOT FRAGILE OR GREEN

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyniner
Well, I survived the MTB race in El Paso(an hour and a half behind first place, but at least I didn't get "chicked" ).

Anyone up for a dirt bike ride this weekend? I'm thinking Bisbee area. Very technical jeep and ATV trails(definitely NOT big bike friendly). Saturday or Sunday, either is good for me.
Where are you going to stage? I would be up for a ride on the weekend. I am in St. David, I posted in the Tucson thread for Sunday, What route are you thinking of?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #214
Guppy Gulch
2010 Ducati MTS1200S

Oddometer: 92
I'm In.

When and Where?

I know Mark wants to do super technical, but I hate baby's heads stuff and we have a lot of that south of Bisbee.

I'd be more interested in the Dragoons, like Ghost Town Trail, over the mountains to or from Pearce, ride the Stronghold on the West side. I have some recon to do before the big Dualsport weekend at the Triangle T.

What if we left Bisbee, headed out to High Lonesome, up to Davis Road, around trhu Elfrida and back to Gleeson, up Ghost Town Trail to Pearce, over the mountains on Middlemarch road to the West Stronghold, up the west side to St David and then find a way back?

Any thoughts?

I'm good for Sat or Sun or Sat/Sun.

I even have all of my camping gear in the truck and my motorcycle!

Gup
Guppy Gulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #215
ravenranger
rave

Oddometer: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy Gulch
When and Where?

I know Mark wants to do super technical, but I hate baby's heads stuff and we have a lot of that south of Bisbee.

I'd be more interested in the Dragoons, like Ghost Town Trail, over the mountains to or from Pearce, ride the Stronghold on the West side. I have some recon to do before the big Dualsport weekend at the Triangle T.

What if we left Bisbee, headed out to High Lonesome, up to Davis Road, around trhu Elfrida and back to Gleeson, up Ghost Town Trail to Pearce, over the mountains on Middlemarch road to the West Stronghold, up the west side to St David and then find a way back?

Any thoughts?

I'm good for Sat or Sun or Sat/Sun.

I even have all of my camping gear in the truck and my motorcycle!

Gup
Wow, that sounds like a nice ride (got a GPS to capture that for next month?)
meanwhile, no comment on your camping preparedness......
ravenranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #216
claycraig OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
gps

I can capture whichever route we end up doing on my gps. Both routes sound great to me.
claycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #217
Mark G
Sacrificial Anode

Oddometer: 141
Sounds like fun, but I'm going to give the ribs a rest for another couple weeks....
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #218
Denim Demon
Aware-of-Vacuity

Oddometer: 96
Sunday

I can only ride Sunday - my Saturday is shot. I have a "street legal" xr250r so I can ride pretty much anywhere/anything... (as long as someone has some tire spoons because I lost mine).
As far as the ride. That wild thing around Bisbee that Gup recommended sounds rad to me... though I am taking a KLR rider that is somewhat new to off road adventures and I don't want to kill him. If this ride is too hard for an intermediate klr rider i'll probably find something easier for him.
ANYWAYS... Sunday, Sunday Sunday. No camping, I camped last weekend and I don't want to freeze my balls off again quite yet.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #219
Guppy Gulch
2010 Ducati MTS1200S

Oddometer: 92
DD, It's not a hard ride. Been done a million times on a KLR (not by me of course I don't ride crap ).

No baby's heads.
Guppy Gulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #220
Denim Demon
Aware-of-Vacuity

Sweet

Sounds good. Sunday then? When/where shall we meet?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #221
jaredcrean
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Us sierra vista guys can meet up lets say the gas city on buffalo solider maybe around 0800 on sun. Then we can head over to bisbee and meet the bisbee guys somewhere i don't know bisbee vary well so u guys can come up with a place.

DRZ400s The quieter u become the more able u are to hear.

jaredcrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #222
RockemRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Gas City @ 0800 works for me. This gives me time to spoon on the knobbies I just got. I also got a Clarke 3.9 gl tank. I'm debating whether I should mount it for the ride -- will the added range be good for the ride on Sun?

Anyway I'm new to the group so I'll be the guy riding in on the brand new only dropped once DR-Z 400. See you then. -Roy
RockemRdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #223
Denim Demon
Aware-of-Vacuity

Laugh 4 gallons!

I have a friggen two gallon tank on my 250 plus a MSR can with another litre or so... Somebody bring a tow strap!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #224
Twentyniner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
So it looks like Sunday would be better for more people if we do the mellower, longer ride that Guppy posted. 8:00 A.M. Sunday at Gas City, meet up with Bisbee folks at 8:45 somewhere in Bisbee(Coffee Company?)

If anyone is still interested, I still plan on riding the uber tech Bisbee stuff on Saturday. I just need to get it out of my system. Meet at the Circle K on HWY 92 near Canyon de Flores at 10:00 A.M. I work Friday night untill midnight, so I need my beauty rest!
Twentyniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #225
Twentyniner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemRdr
Gas City @ 0800 works for me. This gives me time to spoon on the knobbies I just got. I also got a Clarke 3.9 gl tank. I'm debating whether I should mount it for the ride -- will the added range be good for the ride on Sun?

Anyway I'm new to the group so I'll be the guy riding in on the brand new only dropped once DR-Z 400. See you then. -Roy
I have the Clarke 4 gal. tank on mine, and it's probably one of the best functional mods I've made to the bike.

Mounting is fairly straight forward, although I did need to go to checker auto to get a longer fuel hose(or vacuum hose, can't remember which). The guy at the counter showed me a box of misc. scrap hose and said help yourself.

P.S. All DRZ owners should bookmark the DRZ FAQ on Thumper Talk. All the fixes and known issues are documented there. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397 http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=626003

Twentyniner screwed with this post 01-21-2010 at 11:12 AM
Twentyniner is offline   Reply With Quote