ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #31
KRS
Sand.... My Nemesis
 
KRS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Oddometer: 333
The Chiris gonna be open or do they close the road(s)?
__________________
********************************
Current Bikes: '07 DL1000
Past Bikes: '00 KLR650, '92 Vulcan, '86 Seca 650RJ
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #32
Guppy Gulch
2010 Ducati MTS1200S
 
Guppy Gulch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Oddometer: 92
Laugh sweet

The New Year's ride sounds good then. Does everyone like the route? How many campers? Does anyone have info on whether they close the road to onion saddle (Rustler State Park) or not in the winter?

So this Saturday is the off road ride? Who's going? What is the final route?

Bret
Guppy Gulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #33
claycraig OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Oddometer: 45
route

The camping sounds good for new years weekend. I like the proposed route by Gulpy Gulch.

This weekends route is.....................
Charleston road toward tombstone,
left onto powerline maintenance road just after the San Pedro
Dirt trail into tombstone to the Sheffield Memorial
Break in Tombstone for fuel or whatever the group wants
Ride toward Gleeson Rd and take the gas pipline maintenance dirt road before Gleeson to Davis road
Pavement back to Sierra Vista (unless we find another to venture off on)
None of the route is too radical, hilly, or rocky as I recall.

Riders so far......myself, AZtwin, lightfighter, gulpy gulch, and maybe more....

Meet at Gas City on Fry 0930 Sat, 26 december, depart 10 a.m.
LAST MINUTE JOINS WELCOME!!
claycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #34
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty
 
AZ-Twin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Oddometer: 1,321
Sounds good for this Saturday and New years day.

Bret, are you working this Wed/Thursday?
__________________
Rob Swartzwelder, Southern AZ
I'm not real fast, but I do have a dog named Dakar!
97 M900, 07 G650 XChallenge,11 KTM 990 ADV R
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #35
KRS
Sand.... My Nemesis
 
KRS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Oddometer: 333
Oh, I thought it was going to be on new year's weekend?


Hey, it's snowing !
__________________
********************************
Current Bikes: '07 DL1000
Past Bikes: '00 KLR650, '92 Vulcan, '86 Seca 650RJ

KRS screwed with this post 12-23-2009 at 04:25 PM
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #36
Guppy Gulch
2010 Ducati MTS1200S
 
Guppy Gulch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Oddometer: 92
Yep, I'm Wurken.

I'm only off on the prescribed christian holidays included in my benefits package at work.
Guppy Gulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #37
lightfighter
where does this go?
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Sierra Vista AZ.
Oddometer: 2,189
cool... ive ridden the west half of the san pedro to sheffield and driven the east half in the tacoma... it will be entertaining with out being hard is the best description. what i have not done is actually connected the two... so hopefully you actually know the way? there are oppurtunities to become sidetracked out there. btw... mark will no doubt be on supermoto wheels if he can make it, and thus embarrass all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claycraig
The camping sounds good for new years weekend. I like the proposed route by Gulpy Gulch.

This weekends route is.....................
Charleston road toward tombstone,
left onto powerline maintenance road just after the San Pedro
Dirt trail into tombstone to the Sheffield Memorial
Break in Tombstone for fuel or whatever the group wants
Ride toward Gleeson Rd and take the gas pipline maintenance dirt road before Gleeson to Davis road
Pavement back to Sierra Vista (unless we find another to venture off on)
None of the route is too radical, hilly, or rocky as I recall.

Riders so far......myself, AZtwin, lightfighter, gulpy gulch, and maybe more....

Meet at Gas City on Fry 0930 Sat, 26 december, depart 10 a.m.
LAST MINUTE JOINS WELCOME!!
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #38
KRS
Sand.... My Nemesis
 
KRS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Oddometer: 333
Weather . com says "feels like 16 degrees"

Still riding to work though in about 10 minutes.
__________________
********************************
Current Bikes: '07 DL1000
Past Bikes: '00 KLR650, '92 Vulcan, '86 Seca 650RJ
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #39
lightfighter
where does this go?
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Sierra Vista AZ.
Oddometer: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS
Weather . com says "feels like 16 degrees"

Still riding to work though in about 10 minutes.
look at the bright side... if you crash, you really wont need to ice your injuries...
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #40
Twentyniner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Oddometer: 288
Sooo...I can't make the dirt ride this weekend, but I have the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd off. Are you guys serious about the camping ride? I'm guessing Onion Saddle will be snowed in or closed, but we can call the Ranger Station and find out for sure. I have cold weather camping gear and we can build a huge fire and drink booze to stay warm (no spooning though). Alternate camping destinations anyone?

If not, I plan on doing a harder, faster and more technical dirt(knobblies required) ride on Sunday(the 3rd) over near Gardiner Canyon/Cienegas.

Actually, a mellow overnighter Friday/Saturday followed by more dirt on Sunday sounds like the perfect weekend!
Twentyniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #41
Twentyniner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Oddometer: 288
Hey Claycraig, if you guys pop out on Davis road off the gasline road, I'd reccomend going east on Davis for a couple of miles and taking High Lonesome road south to Double Abdobe/Hwy 80.
Twentyniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #42
claycraig OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Oddometer: 45
An overnight camping ride sounds fun next weekend. Next Fri or Sat works for me. I liked the route gulpy gulch laid out. I am in.

See you guys this Sat morning 0930 at the Fry Gas Cityfor the ride to Tombstone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyniner
Sooo...I can't make the dirt ride this weekend, but I have the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd off. Are you guys serious about the camping ride? I'm guessing Onion Saddle will be snowed in or closed, but we can call the Ranger Station and find out for sure. I have cold weather camping gear and we can build a huge fire and drink booze to stay warm (no spooning though). Alternate camping destinations anyone?

If not, I plan on doing a harder, faster and more technical dirt(knobblies required) ride on Sunday(the 3rd) over near Gardiner Canyon/Cienegas.

Actually, a mellow overnighter Friday/Saturday followed by more dirt on Sunday sounds like the perfect weekend!
claycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #43
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty
 
AZ-Twin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Oddometer: 1,321
Merry Christmas all.

Okay, who is in for the Ride on Saturday?

I'm in.
__________________
Rob Swartzwelder, Southern AZ
I'm not real fast, but I do have a dog named Dakar!
97 M900, 07 G650 XChallenge,11 KTM 990 ADV R
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #44
claycraig OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Oddometer: 45
Saturday (26 Dec) Ride

I am in.
claycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #45
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty
 
AZ-Twin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Oddometer: 1,321
See you in the morning at GC between 9:30 and 10:00. I PMed you my cell.
__________________
Rob Swartzwelder, Southern AZ
I'm not real fast, but I do have a dog named Dakar!
97 M900, 07 G650 XChallenge,11 KTM 990 ADV R
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014